Dr. Simeons Original Very Low-Calories Diet (500 Calories)
Breakfast: Tea or coffee without sugar. Only 1 tablespoon of milk allowed in 24 hours.
- 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. Remove all visible fat before cooking.Could be boiled or grilled without additional fat.
- Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed.
- Choose 1 vegetable from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
- 1 breadstick (grissino) or 1 Melba toast.
- 1 apple, orange, or a handful of strawberries or 1/2 grapefruit.
Dinner: same choices as lunch
Other important tips:
- The 500 calorie limit must always be maintained.
- Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water (2 liters of water per day is recommended) are allowed, and may be taken in any quantity and at all times.
- The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes.
- Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.
- The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner
- Very occasionally we allow egg – boiled, poached or raw – to patients who develop an aversion to meat, but in this case they must add the white of three eggs to the one they eat whole.
- Cottage cheese made from skimmed milk is available 100 grams may occasionally be used instead of the meat
- No medicines or cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and powder may be used without special permission. However, Aspirin and birth control are allowed on the Simeons HCG Diet.
- No massage of any kind are allowed
Read Dr. Simeons’ complete manuscript “Pounds and Inches”.