PDA

View Full Version : How I'm doing (No need for a reply unless you really want to)

Prettypsyc
06-25-2011, 09:13 PM
I have been on P4 for about 2 months and it's been just fine. I should probably give you this disclaimer: (1) I only did one round of HCG and (2) I lost about 15 pounds which was all I really wanted to lose. Some people say I didn't even need to lose that so...

All I do is stay away from sugar and starch. Fortunately for me, I may get in a mood when I want something sweet, but it happens a few times a year. I switched from splenda to stevia also. I eat beef and turkey burgers with no bun. I eat any type of chicken or fish I want. I don't eat lunch meat or bacon (unless special occasion like brunch) or anything else where sugar is listed in the ingredients. I eat loads of fruits, veggies, cottage cheese, yogurt, a few eggs. I drink wine (any type I want), and eat a few tablespoons of natural peanut butter when I feel like a treat. I even had quinoa the other day, but haven't had any brown rice or brown pasta yet. Maybe one day I'll get up the nerve.

A few times a month I cheat...not splurge or overeat...just eat something that I'm not supposed to have. Since sweets aren't my thing, I'll eat something like a chicken parm or pastrami sandwich. I'll try to get wheat bread if available. I never get the fries...although I'll admit I've had a few fried off someone else's plate once or twice. One time after drinking Sangria with my husband, we stopped for fish tacos. I woke the next day and weighed the same. I told him we can't do that again for a while. lol

I haven't done a steak day because I haven't needed to, but I'll do a really high protein day every now and then. The day after I went to a Memorial Day celebration I had a high protein day. I made the potato salad. How could I not try it lol. So...the next day, I ate a few eggs with coffee, loads of water, and a steak or beef burger with salad. That seems to work. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys. You've helped me so much during the past few months, I hope this helps someone.