PDA

View Full Version : Needle sizes?

bri1106
01-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi, I am new to the HCG diet, i have done some research and getting ready to start next week. I ordered a "hcg kit" and it came with 1/2 in needles. In a lot of the files I see it calls for 1 inch needles. How much of a difference will this make? Can I still use the 1/2 in?

Also I regularly get drug tested at my job. Will the HCG show up on these tests? Thank you for any help you can provide.

delta78
01-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I just finished the VLCD portion with injections. I was supplied with 1/2" needles which worked just fine. Simeons references 2" needles in P&I. Yikes!

sobs
01-08-2010, 06:56 PM
The needles should work just fine. I use the 1/2" just fine.

hideaway
01-08-2010, 06:57 PM
The 1 in a nd 1/2 in needles are for subq injections. This is an injection in the fatty tissue of the skin depending on how much fat you have depends on the needle size both should work fine. The 2 in needle mentioned in P&I is for the intramuscular injections, which of course is for giving injections in the muscle. It seems that the modern people of today have made it easier for us to give ourselves by making it a subq injections. HCG wouldn't shoe up on a drug test the only test it would show up on is a pregnancy test.

galita
01-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi, My doctor gave me 1/2" needles and they are working just fine.