PDA

View Full Version : not losing much as expected

ogbonna
01-10-2010, 02:02 PM
:( pls can some body help me to tell me what am doing wrong, am on my day 4 of the sublingual drop and as of this morin has lost only 1lb, am doing all the meal as supposed. but l hv a 4months baby which i use aveeno babyand aguaphor oint on his body twice a day after am & pm bath.l rec"d accupunture inconjuntion with ear staple from my dr to help me with hunger, which helps me a whole alots,l do drink the yerba mate tea and organic green tea, can some body pls help me iam so desperate to lose this weight l hv a whole lots to lose and cant afford to give up now.thx all for ur support.

delta78
01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
I haven't read any of your previous post ... are you close to your menstrual cycle? I also went three days of no weight loss what so ever!!! I have a scale that reads my weight, bmi and my water count - I also noticed that if I wasn't losing even close to a pound - my water count seemed to be higher. Try not to get too discouraged... everyone is different and it is hard when you hear other people with this HUGE success rate. I've read on this forum that it is average for a female to lose .2 - .8 daily. Again, not sure where the information came from - Hang in there.... are you drinking half a gallon or a gallon? Getting enough sleep?

hideaway
01-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Hang in there! Delta is right, different times in your cycle will cause weight fluctuations. I noticed right before and during my menstrual cycle and also at the time of ovulation. There also is a lot of body reshaping going on so even though the scale might say no loss that does not mean that you are not losing fat or that it is being redeposited where you need it in structural places. Especially if you have been a yo yo dieter, which I was, all those diets have caused us to lose structural fat and the hcg will replace that. That's why there is such dramatic body reshaping with this diet. Try to have faith, make sure that you are following the diet correctly and relax. It tends to all even out in the end. Good luck!

ogbonna
01-12-2010, 07:22 PM
:)thx delta & hideaway for ur kind support. although i just had a period b/4 starting the program on the 5th. i wll try and hang in, cant afford to give up. God bless

stormy
01-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Hey Guys,
I am new to this forum and this diet, but have been having great results so far. I had read that if you hit a plateau, your sodium intake could be too high. One teaspoon of salt requires 2 liters of water to purge from your system, so you will retain this water until the salt dissipates. And your right, you can still lose inches and it not reflect on the scale. The loss might show up three days later with a whopping surprise, so watch sodium and water intake....good luck!

Sue
02-04-2011, 03:20 PM
I am new to this program and forum, do body lotions, deoderant, face creams, cosmetics, etc really affect this program? I can't believe that using a night cream or regular toothpaste would hinder weight loss when calories are so few...Does anyone know about this???

vitaminash
02-04-2011, 05:26 PM
I do know that if it does hinder the process, I darn well aint using them! I got Johnsons & Johnsons baby shampoo and use that for my hair and body, it was recommended to me by another HCG user, I got Tom's of Maine natural toothpaste, and a Crystal Salt deodorant spray. I also have oil free lotion for my face and a Vitamin E stick in place of chapstick. He also recommended Neutrogena oil free soap, but I just use the baby shampoo and it is all working well for me. Any oils that absorb thru the skin are metabolized as fat as though you have eaten it. So, yeah, anything you can do to maximize your results is worth the extra step.

tamaca
02-11-2011, 02:52 PM
i'll have to check out the baby shampoo...i just use my regular but don't wash my hair every day. is there a particular variety that is the best to use for this?

Hopeful
02-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Hey everyone I am new aswell, and I have stalled a couple of times and I on only on VCLD10. Typically, i just keep alittle more water and i see a big difference days later. I tend to lose weight in a stair step fashion. Its crazy!!!!

kare71913
02-17-2011, 05:07 PM
i used my reg lotions, shampoos & everything - w/ the exception of foundation & it did not hinder me, i think i depends on the amts / types you use & can sometimes be in relation to trying to get that 1 or two extra lbs off - but everyone is different. i'd say if ur using them - stop & see if it makes a large difference & vice versa if ur not... everyone is unique.

liblou09
02-06-2012, 09:47 AM
i am on phase 1 day 15 have been loosing up to a lb a day but for the last 4 days only lost a half a pound all together havent cheated at all no lotions etc . i had a hysterectomy but still fell the pms symptoms at times .. kinda bummed

shannon
02-06-2012, 09:56 AM
The first week you will have big losses adn then after that it is a n average of .5 a day so don't get discouraged. Plus the inches are coming off also so keep pushin on adn you will do great!

liblou09
02-06-2012, 11:28 AM
thanks i needed that . i am broke out in a rash and the dr that prescribed my hcg told me to use benadryl cream just wandering if that will effect it .

liblou09
02-10-2012, 04:45 PM
http://swlf.lilyslim.com/FrtIm5.png (http://lilyslim.com)

re35468
02-17-2012, 04:28 PM
I am new to this program and forum, do body lotions, deoderant, face creams, cosmetics, etc really affect this program? I can't believe that using a night cream or regular toothpaste would hinder weight loss when calories are so few...Does anyone know about this???

I observed that face scrubs, deoderant (secret solid), lotion (goldbond healing), or face cream (oil of olay) did not stop weight loss on my first two rounds of HCG.

That being said, I am having a terrible time with a plateau over the last 6 days and not even a steak day could get me down more than .6 pounds. I'm going to try the salt suggestion and hope it has to do with ovulation before cutting out moisturizer though :P

xxaimsxx
02-17-2012, 05:41 PM
I broke out a couple of times on the round and they last almost 3 weeks but they disappeared.

Are you on P2 or P3 re35468? If you're on P2, ur not even suppose to do a steak day and if you're on P3, you're suppose to be maintaining, not losing.