PDA

View Full Version : Please help! I can't seem to add carbs without gaining...

ANewLife
08-05-2011, 07:11 AM
I have been in phase 4 for over 50 days and any time I eat a bit too much or even add any berries to the mix, I instantly gain. Please help. How do I slowly and effectively brings carbs into my diet without paying for it on the scale. I want to maintain my loss and be healthy without feeling like I am depriving myself....

Peggy
08-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Your problem sounds just like my co-worker. She says she limits carbs and still gains. She also is a marathon runner, and if I were to exercise/train like she does, I'd lose weight. but she just maintains.

Everybody's system is different. You have to figure out what works. I'm sure you're not taking in a lot of sugar. Alcohol has a lot of sugar, and so does a lot of other stuff we eat.

Maybe do an analysis of what you're eating and weigh daily to see what affects your weight gain. When I first went into phase 4, I did zero carbs and sugar, religiously, for 3 weeks. Maybe your hypothalamus wasn't set properly during the initial part of phase 4 due to adding carbs too quickly.

robynimac
08-12-2011, 07:08 PM
You could try Sea Buckthorn (Omega 7)

Dr. Oz says Sea Buckthorn Berry contains Omega-7 fatty acids which promote food passage through intestine and signal body to stop fat storing. Dr. Oz Blog says Sea Buckthorn is the only known plant in the world to contain Omega 3, 6, 7 and 9 fatty acids together.

Key statements from Dr. Oz video presentation:

A study was conducted on influence of Sea Buckthorn Berry food supplement in mice diet. Two healthy mice were fed the same food, but only one of them received Sea-Buckthorn Berry food supplement with the meals.

Here is the links to the information on it. I have mine ready for my maintainance phase when I get there, if I am not too afraid to eat for fear of gaining the weight back.

http://ikonstantin.com/2011/06/dr-oz-sea-buckthorn-berry-contains-omega-7-fatty-acids-which-promote-food-passage-through-intestine-and-signal-to-stop-storing-fat/

Link to Video Presentation: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/new-miracle-berry-pt-1

Cal
08-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Hi ANewLife,

It seems like the core issue you're having is that your metabolism is not responding to burn those calories. The key to any exercise program or diet is to increase metabolism, so you'd want to find an effective way to boost your metabolism. Depending on whether you're into working out, or if you have a lifestyle that doesn't support quality time at the gym or using a few pieces of equipment in your garage, there are options that will work for you. The best way to boost your metabolism, though, is to create a workout plan that is specifically designed to produce what is called the "Afterburn Effect."

Basically, the Afterburn Effect is when your body burns massive calories for 48 hours after your workout. There are specific exercises and ways of working out that will trigger this effect, and if done correctly you will see your metabolism soar. You can do this without gaining bulk muscle, but it will require lifting weights.

Alternatively there are other ways to boost your metabolism but everyone is different. I would recommend hiring trainer Josef Gloor (http://josefgloor.com/) for a consultation on this. The information you will get from him will benefit you for the rest of your life!

Love,
Cal

Tulsi
09-24-2011, 02:57 AM
Well I guess at this stage, you would really want to initiate some workout in your schedule. It might be coz your body was not used to eating carbs and a suddenly including them in your meal might be causing this.
I guess it also differs from body to body.
So relax and take your time.. Analyse what you eat and plan out your day accordingly.