PDA

View Full Version : How much fat on maintenance phase?

hcgwitch
01-13-2010, 11:52 AM
For those of you who've been through the maintenance phase - how much fat is okay? Should I add it gradually, or on the first day of maintenance would i be okay eating fatty things? (avacados, cream, cheese, etc.)

smiley80
01-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Don't go crazy on the first few days, but you can totally eat everything you mentioned. My faves were peanut butter (with celery or apple) all kinds of nuts, the Trader Joe trail mix, and omelets. Everyday I would allow myself one serving of something high in fiber (but no more than 14 carbs, as the book says) like refried beans (1/3 of a cup) or roasted soy nuts (1/4 cup) or grilled tofu... I know it sounds boring, but now I can eat anything and I'm still eating it!

Good luck, and don't freak out if you gain more than 2 lbs. in a day, just do the Steak day... I had to do it twice and it worked everytime.

jasmine
01-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I'll be starting Phase 3 next Tuesday after 43 days on the VLCD (36 pounds dropped and counting)and would appreciate any advice from anyone who is in Phase 3 it or been through it. Helpful hints? Tips?

smiley80
01-13-2010, 11:56 AM
36 lbs dropped...Good for you!!

Tulsi
09-24-2011, 04:21 AM
Don't go crazy on the first few days, but you can totally eat everything you mentioned. My faves were peanut butter (with celery or apple) all kinds of nuts, the Trader Joe trail mix, and omelets. Everyday I would allow myself one serving of something high in fiber (but no more than 14 carbs, as the book says) like refried beans (1/3 of a cup) or roasted soy nuts (1/4 cup) or grilled tofu... I know it sounds boring, but now I can eat anything and I'm still eating it!

Good luck, and don't freak out if you gain more than 2 lbs. in a day, just do the Steak day... I had to do it twice and it worked everytime.
Wow i'm impressed. Seems like you really are taking good care of your self.
I really want to finish my session now :p
Anyways good going.

Tulsi
09-24-2011, 04:23 AM

Wow i'm impressed. Seems like you really are taking good care of your self.
I really want to finish my session now :p
Anyways good going.

TJayLynn
09-24-2011, 09:25 AM
I am adding one thing at a time day by day but found that I love Greek Yogurt in a HUGE way so trying to limit to once a day.

TJayLynn
09-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Very encouraging thank you, I want healthy living...I want to be the person I once was.