PDA

View Full Version : Meat Is Not Appetizing

BLove
08-21-2011, 03:18 PM
I don't know about any of you guys, but I am not finding myself wanting to eat any meat. Perhaps it's because without oil; my chicken, fish, whatever has no flavor and is hard to chew and swallow. I'm afraid that since I am not eating meat that my weight loss is in limbo. It's week 2 for me, and it's been fairly easy.. Maybe someone could offer a recipe to help me out so that my chicken doesn't come out so dry.. thanks!
-BLove

shannon
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi BLove and wlecome!

When I cook my chicken I put it in a foil pouch and season it with salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh cilantro and my portion of tomato. Seal it all up and bake it in the oven and it comes out super moist and super nummy. I will cook enough in single servings on Sunday night for my lunches for the week and put them in tupperware containers once cooled off, juice and all and then they are just ready to grab and go for my lunches during the week.

I also use a George Foreman grill for my steaks or the BBQ. I am not a big fish eater but I would also do my fish in a foil pouch in the oven with fresh lemon and lots of fresh garlic minced up along with salt, pepper and onion powder. The foil keeps all the mositure in to keep your meat drom getting dried out.

If you aren't eating the protein you will get protein deficiancy and you will not loose and will become very sick it is very important that you do not skip the protein part of your meal due to the fact you are eating so few calories as it is the protein is mandatory on this diet!!!

linda
08-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Don't over cook your meat that makes it dry poaching chicken is a good way to cook it without drying then add some seasonings!

bjstring
03-06-2012, 11:11 AM
We've never been much on red meeat, so when we get to P4, we plan to drop it (mostly) and go back to chicken, fish, tuna, etc.

kristi313
03-06-2012, 11:43 AM
I agree with Shannon on cooking in a foil pouch. That is what I do and it works out great.

jatu
09-03-2012, 02:11 AM
With meat it is a question of how you cook or prepare it for me. I love a good roast once, but I am not a big fan of steaks for example. And I do not eat meat very often generally. It is an exception.