PDA

View Full Version : what is "cheating"

coopersmom
08-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi Everyone,
Day 9 for me. I slipped up yesterday and had two bites of banana pancakes I made for my kids. I'm still not sure why I thought that was a good idea to make those for dinner. And today I had ONE waffle fry from Chick Fil A. I have been afraid to weigh myself because I am about to start my period and I've "cheated". I feel terrible because I'm doing the injections and feel like I'm spending all this money and not following the diet. Are these transgressions really going to show up on the scale? I had lost 5.5 as of yesterday morning.

TJayLynn
08-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Well I had one cheat day I went out for a bridal shower and bach party. I put away the vodka like no ones business (around 20 drinks or so) and at the same time TOM came that day. I gained 4lbs but not sure if it was from the alcohol or from TOM. I felt super guilty and really wanted not to post what I had done, but everyone has slips and the important thing is you need to just start again. With me I know that once I slipped it made it easier and easier to do, so now I am really strict on myself because I know one bite will lead to another and then another and then another.

coopersmom
08-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Well if you gained just 4lbs from 20 vodkas I should survive with the fry and the pancake bites!!! I can't believe you could drink that much after only eating 500 cals! I know what you're saying about one bite leading to another. I'm just going to wait til after TOM and weigh on Monday. And not cheat anymore. I felt like just posting it and fessing up would help me start again. Another thing though, people keep talking about not being hungry while taking HCG but I am STARVING.

TJayLynn
08-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Well it was a long night we started at 6pm and closed down the bars, plus I was a dancing machine and when I was not dancing I was laughing and having a great time. It was about 3 drinks an hour, which is not too bad I don't think. It is not like my 20's when I could have 15 beers and 10 shots and still function like a normal human....I would be praying to the toilet if I tried that now, beer no longer likes me.

mom2candm
08-27-2011, 09:31 PM
I am so glad to hear that someone else is hungry! Some days are worse than others for me, but I am hungry most of the time. I have cheated too and you are so right when you say one bite leads to another. Yesterday was a hard day for me and it showed in a 1 pound gain today. We just need to hang in there!

Cal
08-27-2011, 09:44 PM
I think it's actually a good thing to learn from experience. I'm glad I did, because I was really curious what would happen... there are some people who don't cheat, and never will, and that's great, but nothing beats experience, eh??

I learned my lesson hard. I use homeopathic hCG, and that means NO OILS and NO CHOCOLATE! They will counteract the homeopathic I am taking! But what did I do? I ate ONE (1) 95% dark chocolate cacao square that had 30 calories. And I gained 2lbs, and stalled for a week and my loss after that slowed to 1/2lb per day rather than my usual 2lbs/day.

Needless to say, lesson learned!

coopersmom
08-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Seriously you gained from just the chocolate? Yikes. Do you think you can exercise it off if you make a mistake?

Cal
08-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Yep! The gain will happen no matter what you cheat with. Cheating with sugars and unapproved foods throws the whole protocol off so to speak.

Dr Simeons had this down to a science when he created it - you could potentially even gain and stall from eating an extra breadstick.

Exercising it off might work if it's just a breadstick, but it's not all about calories in/calories out with the hCG diet. For example, during this diet and especially in the maintenance phase your body is basically in Ketosis. (Not completely in Phase 2 because we eat breadsticks/starches). If you are in ketosis and you eat 20 calories of sugar you'll halt your progress, gain, and stop losing immediately whereas if you were to not cheat you could ride that ketosis all the way through the maintenance weeks, continuing to lose.

It's more like introducing a substance into your body that halts the process rather than taking in too many calories.

Love,
Cal

coopersmom
08-30-2011, 07:45 AM
That makes sense to me now. Thanks Cal!

Cal
08-30-2011, 06:39 PM
My pleasure!

Love,
Cal

cristina
09-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Seriously! Wow, Cal, just one extra bread stick and it will cause a stall...makes sense but I wasn't thinking like that a few minutes ago. I wish I hadn't of eaten the extra melba toast crumbs at the bottom of my bag..I bet I ate 4 of those baby things today..not 2. I also ate an extra 1/2 of orange and a few big tablespoons of some salsa...I have fought that urge to cheat for so long.

I feel frustrated today. Grandson at the hospital and we just sit, sit, sit and look at each other and get some fresh air but nothing like normal life. I want to break 173 lbs too and just sitting alot isn't happening....ugh. Now I just blew that more to add...... I am complaining ...sorry.

I know i can't beat myself up...another day another effort. I hope the weight isn't too bad tomorrow morning...I'm still hungry...grrrr! and my weight loss is slow enough.

Yep! The gain will happen no matter what you cheat with. Cheating with sugars and unapproved foods throws the whole protocol off so to speak.

Dr Simeons had this down to a science when he created it - you could potentially even gain and stall from eating an extra breadstick.

Exercising it off might work if it's just a breadstick, but it's not all about calories in/calories out with the hCG diet. For example, during this diet and especially in the maintenance phase your body is basically in Ketosis. (Not completely in Phase 2 because we eat breadsticks/starches). If you are in ketosis and you eat 20 calories of sugar you'll halt your progress, gain, and stop losing immediately whereas if you were to not cheat you could ride that ketosis all the way through the maintenance weeks, continuing to lose.

It's more like introducing a substance into your body that halts the process rather than taking in too many calories.

Love,
Cal

Cal
09-07-2011, 12:47 AM
I always err on the side of caution with things that seem small. There are so many things about this diet that I am still discovering and learning. I still have so many questions I'm seeking answers for. I've seen a friend of mine eat 4 melba toasts per day and still lose 4lbs a day but yet other people I've seen eat an extra 1 and stall. I, myself have done that. One time I stalled, another time I didn't. Still not sure why. It's such an individual thing - some people can get away with "cheating" in phase 2 slightly, and some can't. It seems that we all go on our own journey and, at some point, figure out if we can or can't - and that's the best learning tool there is.

I don't encourage people to cheat to find out if they can cheat and get away with it but at the same time if you do it - think of it as a learning experience and go from there. :)

Love,
Cal

coopersmom
09-08-2011, 03:09 PM
cristina, well I'm dying to know if you stalled or not??? So hard just sitting around. I hope your grandson is out of there soon!

Tulsi
09-24-2011, 05:42 AM
Hey relax, I'm sure you will do just fine. I have had my share of cheat days. I cheated twice. But i learnt that it is for my own betterment, that i opted for this diet. Im putting in so much effort and money and time in it.
And I started afresh and this time.. I didn't cheat.
I feel so good and I know so you will, when you will finish your Phase and look back..
Keep going.. all the best..

kelligirl
10-24-2011, 08:22 PM
What do you do to most effectively correct after a cheat. I was off plan friday through sunday while still on my drops and I want to recover as quickly as possible. I have eaten very clean today and just did not know if there is a trick to get things back on track more quickly like an apple day or steak day.... I am in phase 2

april
10-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Cal, I thought you should not lose on the P3 or are you talking P4? I did have a friend who thought you could still lose on P3 if you were planning on doing another round. Is that what you are thinking?

Love,
Cal

Keith
10-25-2011, 09:14 AM
When we settle a plan to lose the weight but with the passage of the time we ignore the plan and just looking for the results that is cheating with himself then we blame the workout routines.