PDA

View Full Version : Still maintaining in P4

Koslim
09-27-2011, 09:51 AM
I thought I would talk about still maintaining because I notice a lot of people don't talk about it. I'm currently about 9 weeks into P4. I lost 30 pounds and Ive stayed 6 pounds below my LDW. This diet has changed the way I look at food. I can eat baked potatoes and corn on the cob without a problem. :-) I also eat Ezekiel bread now when I want a sandwich or toast and it does not effect me at all. If I want a hamburger I will still eat one but I get it wrapped in lettuce and i just don't eat the fries like I used to. I will just eat a few of them. I did have some Chinese food from Panda express and I noticed my weight went up and I know it was from the sodium. So I drank lots of water and ate clean the next day and my weight went back down. So I just wanted to let people know because I know when I was reading these forums I wanted to see if people had success and maintained there weight. I hope this helps someone because this diet ROCKS!! But you still have to be smart about what you eat!!

shannon
09-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Koslim, thank you for updating us on your maintanance!! It is so nice to see sucess stories for sure! It's also nice to see that people can mainatain and still indulge a little once in a while and now have the tools to correct a little gain even after all this time!

Thank you again and keep up the great life style!!!!

april
11-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks for this. I am moving into P4 and I am with you. I think it is about eating clean 95% of the time and being able to have indulgences without it getting out of control. For example as I am just going into P4 I am planning on having a relatively P3 holiday as we are traveling and I feel good. If I gain some, then I will come home and eat clean, drop some weight and move into the next holiday the same way. I am doing another round, but I think any diet is only maintainable if you have life style change. For some reason I have not gotten that until HCG. I always was under the impression if you burned more than you took in you would lose weight...for me that is simply not true, if I exercise I have to eat way more to keep my cals where they need to be. Now I can see how my gf's go out and eat a nice meal after playing tennis..and I could not..

MamaMini
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
That is so inspiring!!!! Way to go!! Keep all of us nibbling on our Melbas motivated!!

reetpeteet
11-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks for your post Koslim! Great to hear about the continuing great results! :)

april
11-30-2011, 09:21 PM
P4 is a little tricky as you are adding somethings back in, but I find that I do not want to eat the same things I used to eat and I find I am not willing to take some risks on the scale in the morning. I have yet to find anything worth going overboard on, except a little red wine.

MamaMini
12-14-2011, 10:01 AM
huh?? I don't understand what you are saying....

imnursed
12-14-2011, 10:13 AM
thank you for this post....I started P4 today and this is the first post in P4 forum I read....very encouraging!!!

Koslim
12-17-2011, 01:27 AM
What don't you understand?

april
12-17-2011, 07:28 AM
I think that the issue is that you cannot just go back to eating whatever you want. When you do start adding in foods you start to see how your body reacts to them. You develop strategies. I love crabs but so far have not had as many as I used to. I am trying to add a few in daily now because there is no way I can go carb free forever. I was just thinking I have about 3 weeks until my next round. Wow!

huh?? I don't understand what you are saying....

Leonardabe
12-30-2011, 06:38 AM
Still maintaining in P4 a lot of features so we will be active and smart in any type taking action as well as promotion and raise performance so we will be initiate for future.

Ericka
02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks Koslim, It is great reading about the last and most difficult phase of the HCG plan. I will be starting P4 next week Even though I don't miss the carbs, I plan on gradually introducing them back into my diet. Thanks for the feedback.

parafluie
03-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I thought I could have crab in P3 AND P4?

Ericka
03-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Parafluie, you could eat all proteins, veggies, oils, low carb fruits in P3 and in P4, you continue eating P3 foods and slowly introduce carbs into your diet. I just started P4 and looking to stay away from complex carbs.

Ericka
03-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Try to avoid eating starches or sugars in P3. That's very important.

Parafluie, you could eat all proteins, veggies, oils, low carb fruits in P3 and in P4, you continue eating P3 foods and slowly introduce carbs into your diet. I just started P4 and looking to stay away from complex carbs.