PDA

View Full Version : Giving shots

skinnyminnie
02-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I am on day 7 and doing great with everything so far. My question- Is there a place to give your shot that is less painful? I have done them in my stomach and that is stingy but not horrible. My friend has had success just aiming at the rear end and shooting it in. Today I thought I would try my thigh and ooowwwweee. I have a bruise and it is still tender at mid day. Thanks for all the info on this site it has been very useful.

Lucky
02-06-2010, 05:55 PM
hmmm...people do shots differently and there is some debate on whether it's more effective to do intramuscular shots, which is the way Dr. Simeons did them. I myself think that a shot into my muscle sounds horribly painful, so I just inject into the fat on my stomach, and it sounds like this is the way you administer them too. I usually just poke around very lightly on the surface of my skin until I find a spot that I can't feel at all. Then I stick the needle in gently. If it starts to hurt then I try to find another spot that doesn't hurt. I haven't had any pain so far. I hope this helps a little. ???

skinnyminnie
02-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the info!