PDA

View Full Version : I need some serious help maintaining!

peta.grrl
11-06-2011, 11:02 AM
I have been maintaining a 50 lb. weight loss for about 8 months now but for the last few months it has been a roller coaster ride.

My normal eating schedule consists of 1 bowl of Cheerios in the morning. 2 large apples and/or a hearty bowl of healthy soup for lunch, a large dinner salad with 1 chicken breast or 2 hard-boiled eggs, possibly some feta cheese, croutons and a creamy dressing. Snacks are apples and/or 6 - 8 rice crackers with 1 or 2 wedges of Lite Happy Cow cheese.

Still, every 3 or 4 days I need to do a steak day as my weight is 2 or more lbs. up. I have just started, 4 days ago, an exercise program hoping to stabilize my weight.

Yesterday, due to depression, I indulged in a large bowl of ice cream, 5 large butter tarts, about 15 - 20 chocolate covered caramel cups and 5 or 6 light beers, fully prepared for another steak day. Today I was DOWN 1 LB!!!

What the heck is going on with me? Please help!!!

AmIInThere
11-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Have you worked out what your calorie intake should be? It sounds to me like you aren't eating enough. I would also drop the cheerios and rice crackers if it were me.

IMHO you seem like you are still trying to eat in a diet way.
Try reading http://www.eatfatlosefat.com/ or http://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Get-Fat-About/dp/0307272702. Real eye openers for me.

My P3 days are:
3 eggs with heavy cream and butter scrambled, 3 slices of bacon
Chicken breast and salad with olive oil dressing + half avocado
Steak cooked in coconut oil, vegetables roasted in olive oil or steamed and smothered in butter

I am struggling to stay on my LIW so have also been eating cheese and nuts to keep my calories up.

Food for thought?...I got the books from the library and haven't looked back

Hope that helps a bit? Good luck

april
11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
I would agree, it sounds like you are not eating enough. I am on P3 and I usually have
4 scrambled egg whites for breakfast with some veggies.
an apple or cottage cheese about 10
lunch is usually a big salad, cucumber, tomatoes some kind of feta or blue cheese and some kind of protein.
For a snack I have some almonds, yogurt with berries or celery with some cream cheese. I know almonds and cream cheese is not good for some, but I am doing fine with it,
dinner is some kind of lean meat, and a veggie. Tonight it was cod cooked with some jerk seasoning and olive oil and some tomatoes and avocado with olive oil.

I have been averaging 1300-1600 calories and have remained below my LDW. I think the point is to keep you metabolism up so that when you have an indiscretion you are not penalized by a big increase in your weight. This was something that I was struggling with going into P3, but I listened to the others on this forum and indeed it has been working. Though right now I am staying from carbs and sugars, I hope to have limited contact with them in the future. If I start to gain, those will be the first thing that will go.

peta.grrl
11-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Thank you so much for your help. I will definitely going to try what you've suggested.

peta.grrl
11-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Good information to keep in mind. Both of you are most likely right. Thanks for your assistance.

april
11-09-2011, 02:03 PM
I am just in P3, but I noticed the day that I did not eat enough due to being busy and exercised more. I gained weight.

Optimistic
07-22-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm struggling maintaining as well. So I am here for suggestions and to wish you the best. Keep us posted on your progress, please!