PDA

View Full Version : Trouble drawing hcg liquid into syringe

leogirl
01-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I used to draw up my Mom's insulin when she became too ill to do that and I've never had this problem.

I pull the liquid into the syringe and there is a pull back - like a vacuum. This stuff is so expensive I'm afraid to lose a drop - when I pull the syringe out will the plunger stay put?

leogirl
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM
OK, I risked losing some hcg and drew up the liquid, held the plunger in place and pulled out of the vial. It was fine, no spills from the syringe and the suction left so I didn't have to hold it in place. There was an audible suction noise when I pulled it from the vial - never had that with Mom's insulin so I didn't expect it. The injection was easier to give myself than I thought it would be. I'm on my way!

watchdog
02-25-2012, 12:04 AM
You are creating a vacuum in the bottle. Fill the syringe with air (pull the plunger back) before you push the needle into the vial, then empty the air into the vial. It is hard to draw because you are creating negative space in the vial and the suction inside the vial is stronger then what you have in the syringe. If you have drawn a lot of fluid from the vial, you may notice it is really really slow, but if you inject air into the vial a few times it should help.

Drew52
03-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Watchdog is right on the mark ... But note: don't put too much air into the vial else it may shoot the plunger, and hCG, right out the back of the syringe.