PDA

View Full Version : Is this Diet for me?

Aria
01-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Hello everyone!

I am fairly new to HCG, I've just started reading up on how this works. What I really want to know is this diet for me?

About me:
I'm a 23 year old Female
I eat fairly healthy, but could make some improvements
I run/jog a few times a week, also do Hula a few times a week
No health issues whatsoever
I am 5ft. 9 inches, weighing 140lbs

My goal is to lose about 15 pounds (get rid of chubbies here and there) AND be able to keep it off. I've heard many people gaining it back (perhaps due to poor eating habits), but I'm nonetheless scared of this happening. How effective is it to keep it off and return to a normal 1200-1500 cal diet?

Any tips, suggestions or comments would be amazing! :)

shannon
01-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi Aria and welcome! With oyu only having a small amount to loose it may come off super slow and it may be a struggle especially if your body feels it has no bad stored fat cells to deplete. As fare as keeping it off once you have lost it all I will say is liek any diet it is a life style change and if you go back to eating the bad things you ate before that got you to the state of needing to loose weight then yes the lbs will come back on! Also if you do not follow the protocol to the T for all 3 phase the weight will come back on and more lbs that you didn't have before.

I have done 2 rounds of HCG, have lost 55 lbs and have been maintaining my weight loss now for over 11 weeks. I still do not each sugar or starch and really monitor what I put in my body! HCG teaches you to listen to your body and its needs and how to eat to live not live to eat!

april
01-03-2012, 01:26 PM
I agree with Shannon..you can def. get up to the right amount of calories but you really have to look at this as a life style change follow the protocol. I have heard of folks doing this as a quick fix for a few pounds they want to lose and the fail to do all the phases and gain the weight back pretty quickly. I did one round and maintained it for about 8 weeks, then just started another round, have 17 more pounds to go. Good luck with your decision.

Aria
01-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Shannon and April, thank you both for your replies. Also great job so far and best of luck with your goals!

I'm going to read up on the protocol a bit more. I am a very focused person, so I believe I can do this! The only problem maybe finding certain foods in my area... I shall do more research on that though.

Where do you buy the HCG drops, from what seller? I hear about a lot of scams, so I'd rather buy directly from a seller that is proven to be legit (as through your experiences).

Once again, thanks!

april
01-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Hey there..
for some reason it won't post with a web site. so has to be checked my a moderator. I buy mine from hcg ultra diet..I think there is a stream on here with a bunch of places where people buy from. I also think that in Pounds and Inches that there is section on if you live in an Asian country or I read something somewhere..would have to go back and look.

Shannon and April, thank you both for your replies. Also great job so far and best of luck with your goals!

I'm going to read up on the protocol a bit more. I am a very focused person, so I believe I can do this! The only problem maybe finding certain foods in my area... I shall do more research on that though.

Where do you buy the HCG drops, from what seller? I hear about a lot of scams, so I'd rather buy directly from a seller that is proven to be legit (as through your experiences).

Once again, thanks!

shannon
01-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Aria a couple of sites I know that have good HCG are officialhcgdietplan.com and hcg1234.com. I used the ones from officialhcgdietplan and had great success with them.

Aria
01-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks so much you two! You are very helpful. I will definitely look those sites up!

One last question. Is it better to buy drops with/ without HCG? I have heard bad and good things about both... Have you tried both?

Aria
01-04-2012, 10:36 AM
I looked at the sites and I like the officialhcgdietplan.com site. It looks pretty reputable plus there is international shipping! They also have the added info, booklets ect for beginners. Thanks! :)

And I had another question~ (I apologize for all the questions, but I certainly appreciate the help~)
If I want to loose 15 pounds, what diet plan is best for me: 15, 21, 45 or 90 day?
Also do you take extra supplements with it? I currently take women's one a day vitamins, but should I be taking other supplements with HCG?

shannon
01-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Ari if you take drops with no HCG in them then you will not be burning your stored bad fats and you will be starving yourself to death! The HCG in the drops is what converts your stored bad fat to calories for your body to use while only eating 500 calories and whileon HCG your body is burning any where from 2500-4500 calories of stored bad fat a day.

You should not do any less then 23 full days of HCG otherwise you will not stabilize and you will not reset your metabolism and hypothalamus. IF you read "pounds and inches" it states all of this in there along with the allowd foods and the full protocol.

shannon
01-04-2012, 10:57 AM
I didn't take any other supplements while I was on HCG.

Aria
01-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Ok I read most of "Pounds and Inches" and I learned a lot. I am pretty sure I can find all the food necessary in my area for the diet (But Im not sure about the grissono melba toast) Is there anything I can substitute for the breadstick? Also can I use Tangerines instead of oranges? I know he says not to substitute, but oranges are expensive here...

I am going to order off the site you gave me, and it should be here in 2 weeks~ Yaay so excited. I read I should definitely NOT start before my period, which will be in 3 weeks... So can I start directly after its finished? :D

Aria
01-06-2012, 08:36 AM
And in the mean time, should I do anything to "prepare"? Like starting to eat better--aka cutting the sugar out of my tea ect. Or do I just eat normal?

april
01-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Hey..Glad you can do the diet there. I am not sure if you can substitute, but you will have to see what works for you. I think that sometimes you have to do what you have do depending on where you are. Most of us just do not eat the breadstick/melba..so you can leave it out completely, make up some calories by using 4 ounces of raw protein instead. I also think you could switch to stevia now to get used to it. I would eat good healthy fats and proteins between now and then, I think that is why my second round was easier to transition into, less carbs. I also think you could start getting used to drinking 100 ounces of water a day if you do not already..that would be my thoughts.

shannon
01-06-2012, 09:25 AM
I ditto what April said but as far as the oranges go I would be careful switching those out and maybe just try to stick to apples, 1/2 grapefruit or strawberries and you can even do the frozen strawberries as long as there is no sugar or anythign added into them.

I would for sure start cutting back on the sugars and starches as it will make the detoxing the first week much easier.

Aria
01-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I'm just afraid that if I experiment with a couple things I can't find that it might not work so well... I decided on the 21 day pack, since that is the maximum suggested for the pounds I want to loose. I'm going to stick to the diet, but for some reason if I am not able to, can I do another round? Guess that would get expensive too though. :p
I'll also see if I can find Stevia somewhere, there are some import shops, they might sell it there. Also are there other protocols that people use other than the "Pounds and Inches" one, or is that the most effective? Im just trying to explore different food options for my area.

shannon
01-06-2012, 09:32 AM
You can order stevia online also try amazo.comn or imedmart.com, I use the sweet leaf stevia and it comes in lots of flavors and some of them are really good in perrier water and is almost like having a sweet treat.

I would not do any less then 23 days of HCG but prefer 30 for best stabilization and resetting of the metabolism and hypothalamus. You can do another round after this one but you must wait 6 weeks in between your 1st and 2nd round so you would need to do 3 weeks of phase 3 and then 3 weeks of phase 4 before you could do another round.

I know thre are other protocols out there but Dr. Simeons is the only one I would do as he spent 50 yrs researching and testing to know what foods work best all the others just took his protocol and decided that all these other foods would work without the testing and research. Of course the choce is up to you which you want to follow.

Aria
01-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Oh and as far as exercise goes, this can be a problem.. I run, do yoga and I just started hula. I can stop running and yoga, but I cannot quit hula for the moth that I am on HCG. What can I do about this? Im still a beginner, so the practice is basic and not a rough..but next month I will have some serious training...

shannon
01-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Aria I think the hula should be fine and even possibly the yoga but would for sure not do the running as you are not eating enough calories to fuel your body for it.

Aria
01-06-2012, 09:39 AM
The sweet leaf stevia sounds amazing! Definitely looking that up.

Okay so the plans come in 21 and 45 days, for my needs (15 lbs) which would be better? or should I just get the 45 days supply, but stop after 30? I definitely want to do it right the first time, so if it takes longer to stabilize and reset my metabolisim, thats not an issue.
This is all so confusing, thanks for answer all my questions!

I also thought Simeons was the best due to the research behind it. It seems a lot safer to me as well.

Aria
01-06-2012, 09:41 AM
I mean I know Hula looks kind of easy, but we move fast and sweat a lot so there are lot of calories going out the window. It isnt high impact at all like running though, very soft on the joints.

shannon
01-06-2012, 09:44 AM
With you only needing to loose 15 lbs it could take a little longer to loose it then most as you are super close to your goal weight already. They say the last 10-15 lbs are the hardest to get off especially if your body thinks your are at the right weight already or if you have an old set point inbetween the weight you are now and your goal weight. I don't think I would stop at 21 days if you are super close to goal weight I would at least go till 30 days and see where you are at and how your body is feeling. you may see that the number on the scale doesn't matter as your inches lost may make such a huge difference for you. Just listen to your body and how it is feeling and if you want to go passed 30 days you can.

Aria
01-06-2012, 09:57 AM
That makes total sense. I guess I could just go with the 45 day and see how it goes. Worse comes to worse, I'll have leftovers.
An yes, inches is really where its at. Weight is just a number, but inches is what really shows!

And I am reading a few different articles about when is best to start. Most say after your period starts, then do it for 28 days until your period comes back. Is that right? Or do take drops through menstruation too? I'm a bit confused on that...people are saying different things.

Aria
01-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Yaay! I have just officially order it. It shall take 1-2 weeks to arrive~
So excited!

shannon
01-06-2012, 10:40 AM
When doing the drops you don't have to stop during your TOM only if you are doing the injections. It is best to wait until after you have had your TOM as once you start taking the HCG it totaly reaks havoc with your TOM and can cause stalls and gains not to mention it can cause your TOM to come early, last longer, be heavier and have it several times instead of once a month.

Aria
01-06-2012, 10:43 AM
I kept reading it over and over and was like- what is TOM? Lol. I got it now.
Ohh goody, that sounds like fun...
Comes with the territory though, It will be worth it. (:

bjstring
02-23-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm only 5'3" (maybe less due to age, osteoporosis,compressed vertabrae) and I would *love* to get back down to 140! That sounds too little for 5' 9" and 125 seems *real* low!