PDA

View Full Version : I am HOT!

leogirl
01-05-2012, 09:05 AM
and no, I'm not bragging. Hope to be "hot" like that someday but for now, day 3 of the diet, I've turned the heat down twice and still I'm very warm. I guess my body is a fat burning furnace now, lol!

A bit worried about my loading. Someone (shannon, maybe?) told me yesterday that I didn't load enough on day one so I stepped it up yesterday but still felt like maybe I didn't do enough. I was really busy in my job and just had to grab whatever. I tried to make really "bad" choices but probably wasn't enough.

Not to mention the scales show that I have lost two pounds during loading. From what I've read here that should not happen - I should have gained.

Considered doing another loading day today but I didn't see anywhere if that would be a good idea or a bad idea so I decided to just go with it and hope the hunger isn't too bad.

Here we go!

shannon
01-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Leo lots of people actually loose on their loading days so don't worry I am sure you will be fine! I have a girlfriend who actually lost 9 lbs in her 2 loading days, how crazy is that!! My first rond I didn't gain any weight at all from loading and my 2nd round I only gained a couple lbs.

Welcome to day 1 of VLCD! Can't wait to see how your scale rewards you tomorrow morning!!

Jstonec
01-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Good Luck on your first vlcd day, hope you have good losses!

phethur
01-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't feel like I 'loaded' properly either. Too many carbs and not enough fat. I'm on Day 7 of VLCD and have only lost 3 pounds net and have been a bit shaky each day. What has helped me is drinking and drinking and drinking...water and tea that is, and forging on.

leogirl
01-05-2012, 01:25 PM
phethur - drinking sounds like a real good idea right now, lol! I'm getting my water in ok because I was a pretty heavy water drinker already. My chocolate cravings are kicking in...this is the time of day I would have a bite of chocolate with my afternoon coffee. We can do this. After all, we only have to worry about today. So today I will not eat anything that isn't on my menu that I planned.

Jstonec
01-05-2012, 01:32 PM
if you are craving chocolate Leogirl i was told you can get bakers unsweetend choc. (organic if possible) heat it, add stevia and put it in the fridg to cool and eat that, Or better yet if you leave it warm dip some strawberries in it. Experts, please, correct me if I'm wrong butI think that is permissable in P2.

leogirl
01-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Mmmm ....i need to check into that! thanks!

Jstonec
01-05-2012, 01:50 PM
No prob. I haven't tried it yet but am anxious to. going to the store later to get some!

shannon
01-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Technically no its not allowed but lots of people do it anyways....lol

Jstonec
01-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Opps, sorry Leogirl don't want to give bad advice. Everybody's different from what I've read on this board. Some can handle small modifications and some can't. We just have to find what works for us. Good luck!

leogirl
01-05-2012, 06:45 PM
no problem; it's just like everywhere else in our lives. People pass along information and it's up to each of us to try to find out if it is good or bad advice. It sure sounded good! I've already cheated today but here is what happened. After lunch I was really, really hungry. Right after lunch. I thought about some cereal bars I had set aside to send to my grandkids to get them out of here. Thought about a candy bar I hadn't eaten that I froze (I'm not one of those people who like frozen candy). I felt a cheat coming on from the hunger and water wasn't helping so I ate a half of an apple. I didn't deduct it from anything because I don't want to be hungry when I try to fall asleep tonight - I won't sleep if that happens and next time it might not be an apple, lol! So, even though I probably went over by 30 or 40 calories I still was excited and felt like I won a battle because I didn't eat something that was totally bad. A small victory but I'll take 'em where I can get 'em! Good luck everyone! And, Shannon, you are an inspiration. And evidently a cheap date since you have gone so long without drinking alcohol that it doesn't take much to get you there, lol! That will be me before long because I do love my long island tea, bloody marys, mimosas. Even beer. I had 4 beers but didn't want to be tempted so I knocked them out on Sunday!

Jstonec
01-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I would'nt consider an extra half an apple a cheat, your going to do great and if making those choc/stevia little things will help you not have a bad cheat the I say go for it. It could be something you can tolerate that won't stall you and definitely better than a candy bar.

shannon
01-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Leo I am a very cheap date now...lol A couple glasses of wine or a couple beers and wow I am good to go! About a month ago or so I drank 6 glasses of wine one night and lord help me was I ever sick the next day and I never used to get sick from drinking. I was a heavy drinker prior to HCG and I would put down any where from a 5th to a half gallon of captain morgans a day on the weekends or 3-5 bottles of wine easy! The thought of drinking captains now makes me literally want to gag! There are many blessings to doing this diet and the things it can change for you! I am ever so grateful to not have the wanting or feeling of needing to drink like that any more and I don't miss it at all!

Eating an extra half an apple is not a cheat so don't stress over it and I think you made a smart decision, so pat yourself on the back and every day it will get easier and easier!!!

leogirl
01-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks to all! I guess I was referring to knowing I would go over my calories....and I did, I was at 543. But, still lost weight so it's all good. I have another big challenge hitting me today; I forgot I promised my BF that I'd meet him - we live in different towns, 125 miles apart. When neither of us has enough free time to go stay with the other we often will meet halfway for dinner or sometimes just to both get away from home we'll spend the night in a resort town that's in between our homes. He knows I'm dieting and is supportive but now I have to face being "out" to eat and making the right decisions. So, thanks for the eating out advice on my other post - I'm trying to really cut back on my calories during the day so if I do go over maybe the impact won't be as bad.