PDA

View Full Version : Cooking in FF Italian dressing

leogirl
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
I put a couple TBLS of FF Italian dressing in a pot and added about 1/2 of an onion, very thinly sliced. Stirred it around a bit to coat the onions then turned the stove on to saute the onions in the dressing. The dressing thickens as it cooks - I started off on high and turned it down to medium when it started sizzling. I kept the onions stirred around to keep them coated. Then I added baby spinach- probably around 3 cups. I drizzled about 1 TBLS of the dressing on that too then started stirring everything around together allowing the spinach to cook evenly. When done I added a chopped Roma tomato and stirred it around - not to cook but to warm the tomato. Added pepper and a little onion salt and garlic powder and it was pretty tasty. I don't know that we should be "frying" even in fat free dressing but it was a nice change!

Jstonec
01-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Idk on that I don't think so. But you can sauté in ff / low sodium chicken, veg, or bf broth that's what I use and it adds a lot more flavor than I expected. Of course I always add other herbs and spices too. Be careful on mixing veggies. I unknowly did that in the beginning and it could create stalls so just be weary. Hope you see good losses tomorrow.

leogirl
01-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I read the recipe on the broth but didn't try it; I didn't think it sounded good, like boiling the spinach. I thought maybe since the FF Italian dressing is acceptable on the diet then I could cook in it but maybe not. I didn't know about not mixing veggies. My info from the diet doctor I went to didn't mention that. It almost seems like it's necessary to go through Round 1 just to learn everything then do it again. That's pricey for the injections even if my FSA did pay for it - don't want to run out of funds. I'm dreading the scales tomorrow; I've been so excited to get on them each day and now it's like I would just as soon not.

Jstonec
01-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Don't worry sweetie, you will be fine. This will not derail you in the least trust me.your weight loss may slow a bit or maybe stall for a day or it might not affect you at all. Just chalk it up to a learning experience and correct it, that's what I do. Has anyone mentioned the pounds and inches online protocol by Dr. Simeon to you yet? Just read that and it will clear everything up for you. Hope you have great losses tomorrow.

april
01-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Def read Pounds and Inches, it is a PDF on line and I recommend it as the guide to go by, then make some adjustments from there. I have broken protocol with a few items, such as a turkey patty (they have a little more calories and If I have two only 100 calorie portions I always come out short for the day. I also eat a little red pepper and some eggs that are not exactly to the tee. I do not mix my veggies. I do use some hot sauce and have checked the ingredients and it is fine. You want to make sure you check all the ingredients, not sure who said the dressing was on the diet. It is an hcg dressing, those are ok as they are only made with apple cider vinegar and stevia. I am not sure if they would thicken up though...so not sure. As JoAnn said this is an experiment and if you have a stall or a small gain, you can easily correct it. Remember a stall is no change for 4 days..so do not worry if that happens..just get back on program. I found that on days where my weight did not move I chugged a glass of water with apple cider vinegar..not sure if it really did anything, but the scale would move the next morning. Good luck today..you will get this.