PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new to the diet.

Ryan
03-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and the diet (haven't actually started it yet. Planning on starting monday). I am currently sitting at 192lbs at a height of 5'6". I recently quit smoking and started packing on the extra weight:mad:. I guess I traded one vice for another, now it's time to take care of this one as well. I do have a few questions though. I've been reading lately that the FDA has been cracking down on HCG. What impact is that going to have on suppliers? Is there a big difference between the HCG drops and the injections?:confused: Does anyone else have misgivings about 500 calories a day? That seems awfully low, but nothing else has worked for me.

april
03-08-2012, 03:52 PM
First of all welcome to the forum. You will find that most people on here have had much success. Are you planning on loading on MOnday or starting the VLCD part. Most of us do the drops, but some are doing or have done the injections, we are way bummed about the FDA and wish that they would get rid of the fakes that do not really have hcg in them and keep the legit companies around. A couple of things before you start, make sure your hcg is real. If you are using drops the bottle with say 6x, 12x 30x 60x... Also google and read Pounds and Inches it is a free pdf. Most of us follow the original protocol. After you read that, then come and ask questions..a lot of them and remember no question is a dumb one.

Most of stick really close to the 500 calorie without any problems. YOu need to be right at 500 so using something like fitnesspal can help with that...

april
03-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Oh..and read some journals on here...there is a bunch of stuff you can learn just be seeing what others have done and not done.

kelligirl
03-08-2012, 04:48 PM
welcome to the forum and follow what April said! :) the thing people do not realize is you are only eating 500 calories but your body is living on 3500 or so a day so it is nourished and not starving. that is what the HCG does for us among other things!

shannon
03-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Hi Ryan and welcome!!

Once you do the loading and the HCG is in your system and the detoxing is over with you won't be hungry and yuo will feel great! Like Kelli said you may be eating only 500 calories a day but the HCG is helping your body break down your stored bad fat cells so your body can burn them for fuel and you are burning any where from 2500-4500 calories of stored bad fat a day while on HCG.

bumdhjgg
03-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and the diet (haven't actually started it yet. Planning on starting monday). I am currently sitting at 192lbs at a height of 5'6". I recently quit smoking and started packing on the extra weight:mad:. I guess I traded one vice for another, now it's time to take care of this one as well. I do have a few questions though. I've been reading lately that the FDA has been cracking down on HCG. What impact is that going to have on suppliers? Is there a big difference between the HCG drops and the injections?:confused: Does anyone else have misgivings about 500 calories a day? That seems awfully low, but nothing else has worked for me.

Hello and welcome. I am new here too. Glad to have you on board! :)

Ryan
03-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Thank you so much for all the welcomes and support:). I will check out that pdf, thank you April. I plan to start loading on monday

Ryan
03-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Ok I started loading today, anything I shouldn't eat? Started out with oatmeal and I got some sunflower seeds to munch on til lunch

shannon
03-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Ryan try to load with lots of good fats and not a ton of sugary and carby foods. Good fats like avacado, cheese, almonds, big fatty steaks and things like that. Try to be eating all ay long and when you feel like you can't eat any more eat some more and at the end of the day when you really feel like you can't eat any more eat some ice cream as it will fill in all the cracks that don't have any food in them yet. Cheesecake is also a really good one for getting in lots of good fats too along with some sugar. You really want to make sure you load good to ensure you don't feel hungry the first week and loading on good fats will make the detoxing not as bad as it would be if you just loaded on tons of sugary and carby foods.

sara145wilso
04-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Hi Ryan welcome to this forum i am also a new member.........