PDA

View Full Version : Hello

caylee
03-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Hello, my name is Caylee. I started HCG for the first time on March 3, 2012. My mother told me how she started it and after research decided I would give it a try. She told me she is quitting today and I suddenly felt alone in this journey. My family and friends (other than my mother) would never understand this diet as I didn't until I did my homework so I am not going to even attempt the impossible of explaining the diet I'm on to them...counterproductive to hear negativity. I came across this site today and after reading some peoples blogs decided this site would be a great motivational tool for me. I have been on many diets over the years and considered my self to be very informed on the topic.(That is until I hear about HCG,) I recently dropped 45 lbs. on The 17 day diet (Jan-July 2011)to my delight but then it was lose/gain same few lbs. over and over. So I quit... and over next 6 months or so gained about 10 lbs. back. (I still needed to drop another 40 lbs. after the 45) So here I am...

March 4, after:
day 1 load... 191.2lbs
March 5
day 2 load...193.6 lbs.
March 6
VLCD ...188.0 lbs.
March 7
VLCD ...184.6 lbs.
March 8
VLCD ...183.2 lbs.

I am so impressed with these numbers...I kept reweighing thinking that wasn't possible... I sure will take it, but...wow!
I have to say though I would have already quit not seeing those results...hunger pains has been almost too much. Anyway that's my story thus far. I am so thankful I found this site, the people seem to be very nice and supportive of each other. I have heard such negative things from people regarding this diet that I am skeptical to even say I am doing it. They would rather trash talk than be open minded and educate themselves...so thank you for letting me read about you and your journeys. And letting me share with someone mine. I wish you all the best. =)

april
03-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Welcome and we are glad you found us. Are you doing drops or injections. If you are doing drops do they say 6x12x30x60x...we want to make sure you have real hcg. Sometimes people start and do not have the real stuff. Also have you read Pounds and Inches..if not google it and you can read it on line, it's a PDF.

caylee
03-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Thank you for the welcome. Yes I am doing the drops and no they do not say 6x12x30x60x...I bought them over the counter, and I realized after looking up 1 mil.=how many drops. I was not taking enough. So after increasing my drops today before lunch I am feeling much better. Hopefully that was the reason for the hunger pains. I will see if this evening is any better. I have been very happy with the weight loss so I figure they must be working for me. Where are you getting yours? Haven't done much research on the drops themselves, figured they were safe being over the counter and processed according to GMP and made in the USA. Yes I have read the online version of Pounds and Inches...Want to buy the book in case I missed out on any info on the version I downloaded. Very interesting read. Hopefully this weekend I will start searching bookstores for the real book.

shannon
03-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Caylee you said you bought your drops over the counter, where did you get them from? IF the ingridients don't say HCG 6x, 12x, 30x, 60x then they have no HCG in them and you are not going to get the results you are wanting or what HCG can do for you! Yes you are goingto loose weight becasue you are only eating 500 calories a day but you are going to loose muscle and your good fats not the bad stored fat and its not going to turn to calories for your body to burn which keeps you from goign into starvation mode. There is no book to purchase just the pdf online for free of Dr. ATW Simeons' Pounds and Inches so don't fall fro anything that says you need to purchase it as it is not the real thing! There are tons of fakes out there as far as the drops go and the book, lots of people have recreated it "THEIR" way and claiming its better but I disagree completely as they didn't spend 50 years researching and testing what works best and Dr. Simeon's did!

caylee
03-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks so much for the info Shannon! I was so excited about starting this diet for the facts you mentioned above (losing only fat, resetting metabolism, etc.) My bottle does not list those numbers so obviously my great losses has been not only fat. Ugh! How frustrating, and the fact that I loaded an enormous amount of fats for apparently no reason( except to have to lose that much more) if there ws no real HCG. I went to officialhcgdietplan website and it is not available to order. Went to hcgslimline and orderd from them and the bottle stated the 6x12x30x60x but still did not state there was any hormone which is what I thought was suppose to make this diet target only fat...I am wondering if when my mom goes to Mexico if it can be purchased there. Apparently US is not allowed to sell true HCG any longer without purchasing from a Dr.??? Thanks for the info about no book...coulda spent an entire day bookstore hopping as we have no big bookstores in my area. Lost .6 lbs. this morning bringing weight to 182.6. pre load I was 189.6 1st day Vlcd @ 193.6 so I am happy that in 4 days vlcd down either 7 or 11 lbs. Don't know where you calculate from... But like you said very unhealthy way to go about it...had such good intentions...At a total loss where to go now.

april
03-09-2012, 04:00 PM
There is a bunch of folks that have bought from slimline and they have hcg in them..so you should be good. I just bought a bottle of them for the future in case I want another round. I would transition to those when you get them, those numbers are the amounts of HCG in the bottle.

kelligirl
03-09-2012, 04:23 PM
I just got an order from hcgslimeline and they apear to be the real deal. we will see when I start up again next friday! :) Welcome to the forum! we are here to support you! :)

caylee
03-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks April...Good to know. Thought I went into this with the knowledge I needed...come to find out I know nothing. I would assume I need to load again for 2 days for drops to be effective...any opinions on that? Sure would hate to gain and eat that amount of food after 5 days on vlcd, seems like forever...lol But my understanding is that you load so the HCG gets into your abnormal fat stores. Can you tell me approx. how long shipment takes to arrive? there was no info when I ordered from website on length of time for delivery.

caylee
03-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome Kelligirl. Loving this site. So much to read, haven't been on computer this much ever. I have to say it is a distraction in its self from food. Time flies. Good Luck with your next round!!!

caylee
03-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Ok, so I decided as long as I am losing I will continue with protocol on the drops I have so after weigh in this morning down another 1.8 lbs.(180.4) very excited about that because I have been so stressed about taking the wrong drops thus far, but since I will have to reload when new ones arrive I figure anything lost between now and then will be helpful for the gain I will have during load. Last load I gained 4 lbs. Also one of the reasons I started diet at this time is I have an event to go to with the hubby and some buisness associates of his this Friday and wanted to lose some bloat to feel better in clothes. We are going to Napa for a dinner(with the associates) and stay the night in a hotel. I am very nervous about this as I am not that kind of person...mingling and chatting with other wives I,ve never met etc. I kinda feel socially awkward. (My issues I have to learn to deal with)Losing
weight I know will give me the added confidence to help me in those situations as I have lost the weight a couple other times in my life already. Will keep fingers crossed.
March 4, after:I say after because I weigh the next morning to see loss for previous day
day 1 load... 191.2lbs
March 5
day 2 load...193.6 lbs.
March 6
VLCD ...188.0 lbs.
March 7
VLCD ...184.6 lbs.
March 8
VLCD ...183.2 lbs.
March 9
VLCD...182.6 lbs.
March 10
VLCD...180.4 lbs.

april
03-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I am not sure if I would reload or not, I probably would not go overboard in my loading just really eat some good proteins. If you are not hungry now you may not be hungry when your body transitions.

bumdhjgg
03-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Yes I have read the online version of Pounds and Inches...Want to buy the book in case I missed out on any info on the version I downloaded.

It is a nice read, ain't it? ;) BTW, welcome to the forum! :D

kelligirl
03-11-2012, 08:53 AM
I woudl not reload either just continue on when the new drops come. you are doing great!

caylee
03-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys... Down only .2 lbs this morning, knew that would happen according what other members has said that week 2 would be slower. Can't wait for real drops to arrive. I tracked the order and it said they have been shipped but postal service has not received them yet. I was kinda thinking that since hubby and I are going to dinner with his work associates in the wine country on Friday that if my drops arrive by then I could eat normal foods and do some wine tasting on that day and use that as my new load day, but I don't know if it will cause me problems or not. Just so confused since I started out with drops with no HCG. But 13 lbs. down I'm scared to gain any back and have to relose it...Gosh what a mess. Can someone tell me how to start my own page where
can easily access my daily weight journey...this is so confusing to find when I go to type my progress, and I can't tell when someone replies to me. Feeling really lost on this forum, would love to be able to just go to my own page easily.

caylee
03-11-2012, 01:23 PM
bumdhjgg:
Yes it was very informative...Opened up my diet mind to a whole new way of thinking. And Thanks for the welcome!

april
03-11-2012, 01:26 PM
I assumed this was your journal. I just go into the search engine and put my name in and I pop up. Or I hit the what's new category to figure who has posted recently. If you go to the journal section you can start a new thread which has a better title if you want. Most people I am sure just go to their previous entry, copy, paste and update each day. If you got it was hcg slimline then they are fast, you should have them soon. Not sure about official hcg. If you reload be emotionally prepared for a gain, but you will lose it pretty quickly once out have real hcg and are back on protocol.

caylee
03-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks april! I just typed my name into search bar and whala there was my posts and replies, good to know. I was afraid I was just making random posts and wouldn't be able to find and keep my daily progress. Feel much better now. Yes I orderd from slimline, so hopefully will be here this week. :rolleyes:

caylee
03-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Today was a small gain of .2 lbs. Have not cheated... in fact after the small loss yesterday I eliminated 1 breadstick for the day. I was so hoping to be in the 170s today. I'm not sure if my body has gone into starvation mode with no real hcg or if it is just the teriible twos (week 2) I hear about. I drink 80 to 100 oz. of water daily plus coffee/green tea so I am hydrated. I will anxiously await tomorrow with a smile pasted on my face and continue following protocol. Please, please let my drops arrive soon!!!

March 4, after:I say after because I weigh the next morning to see loss for previous day
day 1 load... 191.2lbs
March 5
day 2 load...193.6 lbs.
March 6
VLCD ...188.0 lbs.
March 7
VLCD ...184.6 lbs.
March 8
VLCD ...183.2 lbs.
March 9
VLCD...182.6 lbs.
March 10
VLCD...180.8 lbs.
March 11
VLCD...180.6 lbs.
March 12
VLCD...180.8 lbs.

shannon
03-12-2012, 03:30 PM
I strongly suggest you load again once your real HCG gets here, just do 2 days and load wityh healthy fats and then you won't gain a ton of weight and it will come off in the firts day or 2.

I am so cocerned about you follwing the 500 calorie diet with no HCG in your system, this is not good and you can do some serious damage to your body by continuing on this way.

caylee
03-12-2012, 06:24 PM
I strongly suggest you load again once your real HCG gets here, just do 2 days and load wityh healthy fats and then you won't gain a ton of weight and it will come off in the firts day or 2.

I am so cocerned about you follwing the 500 calorie diet with no HCG in your system, this is not good and you can do some serious damage to your body by continuing on this way.

Thanks for your concern Shannon. I have had the same concern myself after finding out I was not taking hcg and I have been so mentally unfocused, foggy headed and a little nautious. At the same time I thought I already endured the adjustment of eating such small amounts of food and the hunger pains that I might as well wait it out for drops, but obviously it didn't take much for me to decide that the health risk of what I've been doing is too great...After reading your post I ate a 1/4 cup of refried beans w/salsa and a half string cheese. So I am officially off protocol until my drops arrive and will start phase 1 again then. I already have more mental clarity and do not feel all fidgety and anxious. I will hope that I do not regain too much weight as I worked so dang hard to lose what I have. Good part is I am full on very small portions now as opposed to pre-diet. Will dread the scales each morning now until I can restart phase 2...

caylee
03-13-2012, 10:58 AM
I am up .8 lbs. this morning as I decided to go off protocol until I get real drops. I cooked dinner as usual for my family ( son 17-senior, son 23 graduating college this year, and hubby) I made lean pork breakfast chops, garlic/sour cream mashed potatoes and green salad. I ate 1 chop, and green salad with balsamic vinegar and tasted potatoes about 1 tabelspoon. I knew that I would be gaining as my body is no doubt grabbing and holding anything eaten, thinking its starving from being on 400/500 calories a day with no hcg. I will continue to try and eat healthy and small portions but not deprive myself. Please get here soon hcg! I have a tax appointment this morning so I am wishing for that to be positive as well.

kelligirl
03-13-2012, 12:36 PM
If you saw another gain I think you are doing the right thing! might as well not go into the HCG with things working against you! load with good fats when they get there and you will do great!

caylee
03-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks Kelli...I read you will be starting Friday, if all goes as I anticipate and get my drops tomorrow I will be starting Friday as well...Would be nice to start around same time as someone else for motivation and support. I will be leaving Friday morning for wine country overnight trip so if I don't get drops by tomorrow will have to wait till I get back :( Wishing you the best!!!!

kelligirl
03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
It woud be great to get your drops before you head out of town so you can load on your trip! good thoughts coming your way!!!! :)

april
03-13-2012, 07:39 PM
If your drops do not come tomorrow, really try to eat P3 like. No starches and no sugars, that should help with minimizing any chance for gain. You also can eat bigger portions if you do not eat P3, so that would mean no balsamic as it has sugar in it.

caylee
03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks ladies for the support!=) Thankfully the scale stayed the same as yesterday, only 1 lb. gain since off protocol. April I think the balsamic vinegar I am using is ok for this diet. It was the only acceptable salad dressing on my last diet ( 17 day diet) which is a zero sugar diet as well. And I lost 45 lbs. on it. Unless there is something I'm not aware of?
Here are the ingredients:
wine vinegar
concentrated grape must
boiled grape must
caramel color
potassium metabisulfate for preservative

I have to say this vinegar has been a life saver for adding flavor to my salads, cucmbers and tomatoes.

Wishing you great losses/maintance =)

dani25
03-14-2012, 12:20 PM
I was curious about the balsamic vinegar too, I had some yesterday that said it didnt have sugar in it, and I still lost weight.

shannon
03-14-2012, 01:30 PM
The only vinegar allowed is organic apple cider vinegar no balsalmic. But you can make some good dressings using the apple cider vinegar, lemon, stevia, dry mustard and things like that.

I am so glad to hear you are holding off on trying to stick to the 500 while waiting for your real HCG to get here and I am glad you are feeling better!

You must not of ordered from officialhcgdietplan.com because there drops are shipped next day so you always have them the next day unless you live in Canada or you ony have a PO Box and not a physical address.

caylee
03-14-2012, 02:54 PM
The only vinegar allowed is organic apple cider vinegar no balsalmic. But you can make some good dressings using the apple cider vinegar, lemon, stevia, dry mustard and things like that.

I am so glad to hear you are holding off on trying to stick to the 500 while waiting for your real HCG to get here and I am glad you are feeling better!

You must not of ordered from officialhcgdietplan.com because there drops are shipped next day so you always have them the next day unless you live in Canada or you ony have a PO Box and not a physical address.

Shannon, I tried to order from officialhcgdietplan.com and they are no longer available. So I orderd through slimline and they just came. I orderd 2 bottles hopefully that will be enough for me to reach goal...about 45 lbs. I think I am starting load on Friday so I can enjoy eating dinner out that night. Although I am so anxious to get started seeing as I already thought I was...lol

Well I have to say I am crushed that balsamic vinegar is not allowed...just bought 3 bottles...lol. I Learned to love it so much on my last diet which is huge for me, as I am a HUGE ranch dressing girl. I wonder why when there is no sugar/cals./fat/carbs.???

Anyway I have been reading your journal for the last few days, on page hundred and something and am very impressed with your journey. We have a lot in common. My sons will both be graduating in June... highschool and college too. I have always enjoyed drinking my whiskey and diet cola wayyy too much and in fact attribute a lot of my weight gain to that bad habit. And I had my children young too...I was 18 first birth, and 24 for second. Anyway thanks for the info. and look forward to finish reading your success story, you are making me realize this is possible =)

shannon
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Shannon, I tried to order from officialhcgdietplan.com and they are no longer available. So I orderd through slimline and they just came. I orderd 2 bottles hopefully that will be enough for me to reach goal...about 45 lbs. I think I am starting load on Friday so I can enjoy eating dinner out that night. Although I am so anxious to get started seeing as I already thought I was...lol

Well I have to say I am crushed that balsamic vinegar is not allowed...just bought 3 bottles...lol. I Learned to love it so much on my last diet which is huge for me, as I am a HUGE ranch dressing girl. I wonder why when there is no sugar/cals./fat/carbs.

Anyway I have been reading your journal for the last few days, on page hundred and something and am very impressed with your journey. We have a lot in common. My sons will both be graduating in June... highschool and college too. I have always enjoyed drinking my whiskey and diet cola wayyy too much and in fact attribute a lot of my weight gain to that bad habit. And I had my children young too...I was 18 first birth, and 24 for second. Anyway thanks for the info. and look forward to finish reading your success story, you are making me realize this is possible =)

Wow we do pretty much have the same life don't we!

This is possible and you will loose the weight and feel and look fabulous! That is crazy about officialhcgdietplan.com I just ordered from there and got a bottle and just looked online and they are still selling it from what I can see. But the slimline drops are good and you will have great success with them.

Trust me stick to the protocol by Dr. Simeons and you will loose the weight and feel great! I never strayed from his list of foods and was strict the whole time both rounds and it was amazing and I am ready to do it again but waiting till later in the year. I would love to get the last 15 lbs off and for good especially now that I have kept the 55 lbs off for so long and know it's so doable.

I'm excited for you to get started on the good drops and excited to see you drop tons of weight that first week, it is going to blow your mind!

I say load with good fats and give your body that jump start it needs for the big losses week 1 and so you don't have any hunger during that time. There is a section in Pounds and Inches about why loading is important to the process.

Gain before LossPatients whose general condition is low, owing to excessive previous dieting, must eat to capacity for about one week before starting treatment, regardless of how much weight they may gain in the process. One cannot keep a patient comfortably on 500 Calories unless his normal fat reserves are reasonably well stocked. It is for this reason also that every case, even those that are actually gaining must eat to capacity of the most fattening food they can get down until they have had the third injection. It is a fundamental mistake to put a patient on 500 Calories as soon as the injections are started, as it seems to take about three injections before abnormally deposited fat begins to circulate and thus become available.We distinguish between the first three injections, which we call “non-effective” as far as the loss of weight is concerned, and the subsequent injections given while the patient is dieting, which we call “effective”. The average loss of weight is calculated on the number of effective injections and from the weight reached on the day of the third injection which may be well above what it was two days earlier when the first injection was given.Most patients who have been struggling with diets for years and know how rapidly they gain if they let themselves go are very hard to convince of the absolute necessity of gorging for at least two days, and yet this must he insisted upon categorically if the further course of treatment is to run smoothly. Those patients who have to be put on forced feeding for a week before starting the injections usually gain weight rapidly - four to six pounds in 24 hours is not unusual - but after a day or two this rapid gain generally levels off. In any case, the whole gain is usually lost in the first 48 hours of dieting. It is necessary to proceed in this manner because the gain re-stocks the depleted normal reserves, whereas the subsequent loss is from the abnormal deposits only.Patients in a satisfactory general condition and those who have not just previously restricted their diet start forced feeding on the day of the first injection. Some patents say that they can no longer overeat because their stomach has shrunk after years of restrictions. While we know that no stomach ever shrinks, we compromise by insisting that they eat frequently of highly concentrated foods such as milk chocolate, pastries with whipped cream sugar, fried meats (particularly pork), eggs and bacon, mayonnaise, bread with thick butter and jam, etc. The time and trouble spent on pressing this point upon incredulous or reluctant patients is always amply rewarded afterwards by the complete absence of those difficulties which patients who have disregarded these instructions are liable to experience.During the two days of forced feeding from the first to the third injection - many patients are surprised that contrary to their previous experience they do not gain weight and some even lose. The explanation is that in these cases there is a compensatory flow of urine, which drains excessive water from the body. To some extent this seems to be a direct action of HCG, but it may also be due to a higher protein intake, as we know that a protein-deficient diet makes the body retain water.

kelligirl
03-14-2012, 07:33 PM
I am glad your drops came in! I am starting friday as well so we will be there together!!

caylee
03-15-2012, 11:19 AM
I am glad your drops came in! I am starting friday as well so we will be there together!!

Actually, I have decided to wait till Saturday now to start drops and load. My hubby brought up the fact that if I start loading Fri. morning I will be bloated and miserable when we are dressing up Fri. evening for dinner out meeting new people, and for our evening in the "hotel room alone..." bloated and full is difficult to feel sexy...lmao" So Saturday morning it is. I will be 1 day behind you. =)

caylee
03-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Today I am the same weight as yesterday again so that is positive that I am not gaining back the weight I already lost until loading of course.(except 1 lb.) So we leave in the morning and have dinner out, then hotel stay over night and start load Sat. morning.

Thanks Shannon for the helpful tips!Viewed your before/after pics all I can say is WOW!!! =)

I also got my taxes done and will be getting a return this year so I may have to set aside a little cash for smaller size clothes as a reward for myself if I am successful!!

kelligirl
03-15-2012, 11:31 AM
sounds like a plan! Enjoy your special weekend!!!!

shannon
03-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks Caylee and its not if you are successful its WHEN you are successful! You will so be needing some smaller new clothes when you are done!

I hope you have an awesome weekend and can't wait for the first day losses!!