PDA

View Full Version : I am starting injections Thurs (3.15.12)

Ellarae
03-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi, My name is Ella and I am starting this diet, with the injections, this Thursday. I am SO excited. I have read Dr. Simeons manuscript and have been researching everything like crazy the past few days. I am doing this under a doctor's supervision so that makes me more excited to know I am getting the real deal! I have 3 children, 5, 3, and 5 months. With each child, I gained 40 lbs, lost it every time within a year of having them, but then struggle with 10ish pounds until I get pregnant again, and the cycle starts over. I have hypothyroidism, and this time, the weight seems to love me. I am 5'6", 173 lbs. I want to lose 30 lbs and KEEP IT OFF. I am ready for a lifestyle change! I love reading about others' goals and how they're meeting them so hi and looking forward to posting!

shannon
03-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Hi Ellarae and Welcome!!!!

I am looking forward to watching your journey and helping support and encourage you! This is a great site and you will get tons of help, support and encouragement!

Make sure you load with lots of good fats and no so many sugary/carby foods and your detox won't be as bad the first week and your hunger should be minimal if any at all. At the end of the day when you feel like you can't eat any more thats when you grab the ice cream and get as much of it in you as you can so it can fill any empty crack left in your stomach!

Ellarae
03-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Thank you Shannon! I am so excited! I am a little nervous about doing everything the right way and finding recipes, etc. Also, my program is 6 weeks long so that means Easter will be in the midst of my HCG weight loss. I'm worried because Easter lunch is always a big production at my Mother in law's house and I have no idea how I am going to get around eating. I don't want any of them to know; they just won't understand. I have a 5 month old so I was thinking I could just conveniently need to put her down for a nap just as we are sitting down to lunch :) I don't know.

terrybo
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Ella - In three weeks (Easter) your weight loss will be obvious, and hopefully everyone will be proud of you. You don't need to tell them exactly what kind of diet you are doing - just say proudly "I've decided to eat healthy now - I've given up high fat surgery foods until I get my weight under control".

Good luck!

Terry

Ellarae
03-12-2012, 05:52 PM
That's good advice, Terry. Thank you!

april
03-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Good luck, the great things about having small kids is they keep you busy, so I am sure you can find a way to get distracted and not eat. We will be here through the process to help you through it for sure.

kelligirl
03-12-2012, 06:15 PM
welcome! you will do great and as the ladies said we will be here to support you! good luck and load load load! :)

kpmills
03-13-2012, 01:09 PM
welcome! you will do great and as the ladies said we will be here to support you! good luck and load load load! :)

I am starting the shots on the 17th under a doctors care, but I am so so so so nervous. I have pre diebeties, and high blood pressure. I have read that your blood pressure can rise, and you can lose large amounts of hair? I will also be getting B12 abd B6 shots...I want this badly but so nervous...

Thanks
Kelly :)

april
03-13-2012, 01:49 PM
You know I know very few on here who have had any issues with their hair and no one has complained of high blood pressure. If you are worried about that then the best thing you could do is go to walgreens or a drug store and for under a 100 bucks you could get your own bp machine. I think what most people will find is as they lose the weight many of those issues that were a result of being overweight or obese, decrease. They have more energy etc. I think it is important to make sure you are getting in the whole 500 calories as well as load with good fats and proteins. You need to make sure you count all of your calories. So first add up the fruits and proteins you are going to eat, then eat as much vegetable as you need at each meal to make it to 500. If you do less then you will have more difficulty. A lot of use my fitness pal and if you want we can all be friends on there also, so you can look at what others have eaten. If you have concerns or questions..post away and we will do our best to try to help.

Ellarae
03-13-2012, 03:28 PM
I posted this somewhere else and never got a response so just thought maybe I could if I copied it here...

I had my last Dr.'s appt this morning before starting the diet on Thursday. It was the longest appointment ever. She went over every single detail, which was great, it just made for a long morning. I got 14 days worth of shots and she showed me how to inject myself correctly. After 14 days, I go back for follow up and get the next set of shots. My only concern at this point is since I've known all week that I am starting the diet on Thurs with loading the first two days, I have eaten like total crap. I ate chick fil a for lunch, then ice cream. Ugh. I am going to do something healthier for dinner. Do you think it's bad that I am eating so badly before my load days even begin??

I am 175 right now, 5'6". I would love to be 145 by the end of this 6 weeks. Do you guys think that is a realistic hope? Thanks in advance!

kelligirl
03-13-2012, 06:31 PM
I think everyone on here thinks it is best to load on good fats. I dont think it makes a huge difference if you preload but try and focus on good fat during the actual load days. the thing is if you load well with good fats and protien then you will not feel bad. if you load with junk you have the chance of feeling bad!