PDA

View Full Version : Haven't even started and already overwhelmed!

KatieB
04-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Hi!
I have my dr's appt. Tomorrow and my excitement has turned to outright fear! I've seen all the wonderful stories and seen so much hope I don't know if I'm about to cry from fear and dread or relief and shear thankfulness that there is such a place of love and outpouring of support as this website. I'm feeling really needy right now (whine whine whine). I would really appreciate all the support you guys can give me!

Thanks.

amber2
04-10-2012, 06:49 PM
It is scary to start a diet especially one that is extreme like this. I am one who gets scared a couple days in and gives up. I am taking a stand and trying so hard not to give up this time. I am here to chat if you need to chat. We can be support to each other! Think of loosing the weight and looking at a skinny you in the mirror!

april
04-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Katie and Amber..there is so much support on this site, we are totally here for you and have been where you are. One thing about this diet that makes it amazing to me and helps with wanting to stick with it is that it really does work if you follow it right. If you have not read Pounds and Inches do so and it is a PDF on line..so just google it. That is the protocol most of us follow. It is restrictive, but so easy at the same time. You only have a few foods to eat. You really are not hungry after the first few days and the big losses in the first week make you stay motivated. It is time limited so you know there is an end point, and most of us do it in rounds. There has been a ton of weight lost on this site. I think the ones that have been the most successful stay on the site even after they have met their goal and continue to stay accountable and support each other.

KatieB
04-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement! :)

april
04-10-2012, 09:54 PM
no problem...that is what we are here for. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

kristi313
04-11-2012, 05:55 AM
We are all here to support you! This site was the best thing I could have found to help me through this diet! Everyone is happy to answer your questions, offer helpful tips, celebrate your successes and help you through those tough times when you want to give up. Good luck on your weight loss journey! :)

KatieB
04-11-2012, 07:40 AM
I have a dr appt today to get my HCG. Can I start my load days today? Or do I have to wait til tomorrow?

kristi313
04-11-2012, 08:16 AM
You want to wait until your first injection to start loading.

shannon
04-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Welcome KatieB and congrats are starting an amazing journey!

I have never stuck to a diet for more then 2 weeks in my life time but this one is so different and the daily rewards on that scale adn seeing those inches disapear before your eyes keeps you wanting more and wanting to keep going! I Started my journey almost a year ago, lost 55 lbs as of October and still log in daily and have kept it all off since then.

Don't be scared, log in daily report everything and anything you want and we will all be here to support and encourage you!

As soon as you start your injections you can start loading and must load for 2 full days. Try to load with lots of good fats and try to stay away from lots of carby sugary junk. But at the end of both days finish off your day with lots of ice cream to fill any spaces left.

KatieB
04-11-2012, 12:58 PM
So, I'm back from the dr. He has his own ideas abouut the diet. He says no loading. The first 4 days are protein only. He recommends 30 mins of exercise daily (non strenuous) and doesn't care what shampoo etc I use. I do plan on loading today and tomorrow though. I think I will listen to everyones advice on here.

shannon
04-11-2012, 03:47 PM
The loading is so important I don't get why he would tell you not to! You don't have to load on bad foods but high good fat foods are best. The loading is what triggers your stored fat cells to start to release.

I never changed my shampoos, hair products or body wash. I did use baby oil instead of lotion and I don't wear makeup so that wasn't an issue for me.

Are you doing injections? If so what dose is he having you do and are they premixed already loaded shots?

KatieB
04-11-2012, 04:06 PM
They are premixed. It says 20 units. They also gave me some oral thermogenic type pills to thake with methionine, inositol, choline, chromium, and l- carnitine.

KatieB
04-11-2012, 05:01 PM
So I'm supposed to eat only protein no veggies for the first 4 days. That's tough as I really only eat chicken. Dr says I can have low sodium lunch meats. I know that's a no no on here and I don't want to screw this up. Also gave conflicting info. Food list says specifically no tomatoes, but there sample menu has tomatoes on it. I was told I could have crystal light and a splenda in my morning coffee, but food list says no artificial sweetners. I'm also allowed a whole host of meats including tuna and salmon. And there sample menu includes egg whites in place of meat quite often. Thoughts/ advice pls?

kristi313
04-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Oh my, it sounds like you have a very different version of the diet. I would stick to the original protocol for best results. Tomatoes are allowed. No splenda or crystal light. Stevia is best. Tuna and salmon are really too fatty for p2. Stick to white fish like tilapia. I ate eggs a lot during p2. 1 whole egg & 3 egg whites in place of my meat.

KatieB
04-12-2012, 12:43 AM
I went to 4 places and couldn't find the stevia. Any suggestions where to get it?

kristi313
04-12-2012, 05:37 AM
I found it at a small health food store where I live(Atlanta), I know it can be ordered online, but not sure where. Google it and some should come up. Try amazon.com too. I paid $12 for my bottle of sweet leaf vanilla creme flavor. Its expensive, but I use only 2-3 drops in my coffee, so it lasts a long time.

shannon
04-12-2012, 08:58 AM
It is way cheaper to order stevia online, check out amazon.com, vitacost.com or imedmart.com. They usually run around $8-$9 on all of those sites and always get the sweet leaf stevia no others as they aren't the real deal.

If I was you I would totally ignore the diet your Dr is telling you to do and follow Dr. Simeons protocol Pounds and Inches! Your Dr has taken Dr. Simeons diet and added what ever he wants to it and although you may loose you more then likely will not get the same effects! I am now concerned that the HCG he is gicing you may not actually be HCG. Did we already figure out if yours is the real thing?