PDA

View Full Version : Is this cheating or taking advantage of a good thing with the scale?

cristina
04-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Ok, I might be on to something but here goes. I noticed when I weigh myself first thing in the morning I always weigh more than if I walk around for at least 10 miniutes then weigh myself. My weight usually drops anywhere from .2 to 1 pound less by waiting it out a little. I can't understand why or what makes a difference than the blood that went to my feet and gravity. It's such a silly thing I know but I just hold out a little bit before I get dress, do a few things and wait 10 miniutes before I weigh in.

Anyone else ever tried this or seen this on their scale? Just curious.

I hope you don't call this cheating! I just like taking advantage of a good thing I guess.

april
04-13-2012, 06:57 PM
I do not know...but thinking of getting up 10 minutes early and doing the same to see if it makes a difference. I do know that I get up, potty and then get right on the scale and my fingers are often swollen etc from sleeping on my hand. I then drink coffee right away so I can jump on the treadmill...maybe since my weekend routine is a bit different I will try this.

cristina
04-16-2012, 06:31 PM
April, did you ever give it a go?

I do not know...but thinking of getting up 10 minutes early and doing the same to see if it makes a difference. I do know that I get up, potty and then get right on the scale and my fingers are often swollen etc from sleeping on my hand. I then drink coffee right away so I can jump on the treadmill...maybe since my weekend routine is a bit different I will try this.

kristi313
04-17-2012, 05:51 AM
That is interesting. I am like April, hop right out of bed, pee, then weigh. It seems like with me, each passing minute makes me weigh a little more. Not sure why this happens.

shannon
04-17-2012, 08:58 AM
I get up pee and weigh right away too and I can go back in 5 minuts later and weigh more so I always go with first thing out of bed in the morning.

kelligirl
04-17-2012, 09:01 AM
I think as long as you are doing it the same daily then you are fine either way. I think it is all about consistancy.

Anna
05-22-2012, 05:48 PM
I think the important thing is to follow a routine... otherwise you are not comparing apples to apples. If a 10 minute walk, then weigh is your thing, then you'll still have an accurate measurement from day to day. Going back and forth would probably not accomplish the apples to apples concept.