PDA

View Full Version : Just started!

jojogall
04-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone, I'm excited to join this forum, as I can see how supportive it is and what a great resource!!
I'm a busy mom of 4 active little boys, and I also am a registered nurse....I'm REALLY worried about night shifts!!!
I am doing hcg injections, and I'm on day 2 of the vlcd.....still pretty hungry but hanging in there!!
Hoping it gets better over time:)
Joanna

shannon
04-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi Joanna and welcome!

ARe you going through a Dr or on your own with the injections? What dose are you at? Most times Dr.s start you out way to high and the normal range should be 125-150 iu. We don't want you to have any hunger as that is not good. The only hunger you should be having is at meal time really.

jojogall
04-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi Shannon,
I am receiving the injections through a dr...I didn't actually ask the amount (crazy I know) but I think it's 150iu; I guess from what I had heard, hunger in the first couple of days is normal????? I feel hungry but when I do eat my "meals" I all of a sudden am no longer hungry....so I think it's a combination of hunger and "cravings"...I'm hanging in there though!!

shannon
04-17-2012, 09:08 AM
150 iu is a good dose so I hope that is what they have you on. Yes it is common to feel some hunger in the first few days and then it should be hunger only around meal time. Log in daily and report your losses and how you are doing! We love to be able to encourage supoort and help all that we can!

jojogall
04-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks so much....down 5.8 in the last 2 days:rolleyes:..that helps with motivation for sure;)

shannon
04-17-2012, 12:05 PM
5.8 in 2 days is awesome! Way to go Jojo!

Optimistic
04-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. I was doing hcg last Summer with great success. My dad got very sick and once he passed away in October I stopped hcg and well everything altogether. Now I am turning it around and starting hcg injections next week. This place is a great source of info and support.

andipandi
04-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Welcome! I'm new too! I am really looking forward to losing weight. Reading these blogs and posts, seeing weight loss pictures is all so inspiring!

april
04-17-2012, 05:49 PM
welcome aboard. I think it is doable, but night shifts are hard on the system. If you are on your feel a lot you may see a slower loss and if so you may want to up your protein by a little. Like 50 extra calories overall. I know that some nurses are on the move..maybe not as much on the noc shift depending on what you do. I am an LCSW and work inpatient psych.

jojogall
04-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Well, I go through my 2 night shifts....my first night I ended up having about 590 cals for the day (brought some chicken and celery that I are around midnight)...finished my 2nd night this morning, so I will end up not having as many calories today (prob around 400)....hopefully it all works out...but I am down about 8 lbs....so happy for that!!!

shannon
04-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Keep it up jojo those are awesome losses!

craffe5305
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Well, I go through my 2 night shifts....my first night I ended up having about 590 cals for the day (brought some chicken and celery that I are around midnight)...finished my 2nd night this morning, so I will end up not having as many calories today (prob around 400)....hopefully it all works out...but I am down about 8 lbs....so happy for that!!!

Hey Guys.. I just started injections and im on a little under 50 cc. Is that enough? I am dyingggg of hunger and im on day 3

shannon
04-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Hey Guys.. I just started injections and im on a little under 50 cc. Is that enough? I am dyingggg of hunger and im on day 3

That might be too high, how many days have you been on the injections and the 500 calories? Are you like gnawing your arm off hungry or just hungry around meal time?

craffe5305
04-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Hungry all the time but its gotten better...im on day 3 of the 500 cal and i cheated a bit yesterday so i know that wont help with future hunger

shannon
04-25-2012, 11:03 AM
There is another forum I have been on since starting also and there is a lady there called Grammy and she is the injection guru and a veteran of many rounds of successful HCG using injections. You can ask her about your dosing and she will for sure help you make sure you have the right dosage. You don't want to have hunger except at meal time and I am worried your dose might be too high. Here is the link if you want to check it out and ask her Ask Grammy - Page 1 - HCG Diet Info Forums (http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f32/ask-grammy-33164/)

jackjames
04-27-2012, 12:22 AM
welcome to the club!

enjoy...