PDA

View Full Version : Beginning 5/1!!

Anna
04-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been reading your posts for a few weeks now and am really excited to begin this myself. A good friend has lost over 100 pounds and has kept it off over a year. My drops will be delivered today and I am planning on beginning my loading tomorrow. I need to lose 55 pounds. I had a lot of worries, as I have PCOS and am a type II diabetic, but your posts have really eased my fears and answered a lot of the specific questions I had, so thanks to you all for the information you share so freely.

Excited to begin!!

Anna

shannon
04-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Hi Anna and welcome!!!

Can I ask what brand of drops you have and where you got them from? There are so many fakes out there that claim there have HCG in them and actually don't! I hate to see people get started on this diet thinking they have real HCG drops just to find out several weeks into it they don't.

When you load try to load on lots of good fats and not too many carby/sugary foods.

kelligirl
04-30-2012, 10:25 AM
welcome! I think you will find that alot of your health issues will go away with the HCG! it really is amazing!

Anna
05-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi Shannon,

I have tried to respond a few times, but my posts keep getting held up... trying it again! I got my drops from the official hcg diet plan site, as so many on here have recommended. Got the discount and great service too!

I think I'm off to a good start. Loading is done and now on D1 of VLCD. 48 ozs of water in before 9 am!!

Happy Thursday to all,

Anna

april
05-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Welcome aboard and def. load on fatty, high protein foods. YOu will have less problems with headaches etc if you stay away from a ton of carbs and sugars. Post daily as it is the most helpful and you will find a ton of people here to support you.

shannon
05-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Anna, those are great drops and the ones I used for both my rounds so you should do great! Looking forward to watching your progress and to cheer you on!

Anna
05-05-2012, 09:09 AM
I am loving this so far! On my loading days, i gained 4.5 pounds. Ate so many fatty foods, I had to pretty much force myself to eat the last meal, LOL!! Never thought that would happen.

After just two days on VLCD, I lost all of the loading weight plus 2 more pounds. I have had some minor headaches, but not nearly what I have experienced with other diets. As a diabetic, I always experience really bad symptoms when I try something. That has not been the case with this at all. A little hungry at meal times, but that's also when I'm due to take my drops again.

One question: I am taking my drops 3 times per day as the mfr instructed. The dose seems to be doing what it should do. Feeling good and ratrely very hungry. The last two nights I have woken up 2-3 am and been pretty hungry. We tend to eat dinner a bit early in my family, about 4 pm, because I teach college courses at night. Would it be better for me to split up my drops into 4-6 times per day? specifically, would it help to split the dinner ones and take half before bed? I never ate at night, so this isn't being caused bymy body being used to eating.

Thanks!

Anna

april
05-05-2012, 09:21 AM
I think that you should stick with the 3 times a day. Not sure if you can maybe split up your meals a little differently. Since you eat dinner so early, maybe have your protein and fruit at 4, then maybe try to have a veggie snack in the evening. Could you take a bag of celery etc with you and nibble on it during a break in class..just a thought.

Anna
05-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks, April - I will try that!

april
05-05-2012, 10:21 AM
You may just have to play around with it. I think fruit has too much sugar in it to eat that late. Another thought if the veggie later in the day does not help, you could have your protein later..but I think it would be easier to travel and less heavy in the evening to do a cucumber or celery in class.

Anna
05-05-2012, 10:24 AM
April, i think your suggestion is right on. Since I'm diabetic, i prefer to pair the fruit with the protein so I avoid any spike. Can't wait to see how I finish the rest of this week!

kelligirl
05-05-2012, 10:58 AM
you are doign great! way to go!

Anna
05-07-2012, 06:57 AM
One more day to go before the first week is over and I am very happy so far! After gaining the 4.5 on loading, I am now at a 9 pound loss for the week. It's weird, but I lose more on the days I eat beef. Did anyone else experience that?

I even made it through a theater full of people going to see the Avengers... the popcorn smelled so good, but this is worth it!

Anna

tired80
05-07-2012, 02:04 PM
You are doing so well! And your first week loss is so encouraging - I am a week behind you with this being my first VLCD!!

Anna
05-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Question... do we count our loading days as part of week 1? Or do you all just begin with VLCD Day 1? I have been counting loading, which would mean one week would be tomorrow. If not, it's Thursday.