PDA

View Full Version : Losing It in AZ

Laura-in-AZ
05-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Hi All ,

I stared my 2nd HCG adventure by loading on April 28th 2012 , I did this a few years back and had great results with the drops, but fell back into old habits of to much food and drink and no exersie and in less that a years time piled it all back on..what was I thinking???..oh yeah I wasn't.
I am doing injections this time .. I have put the way I feel and look now into a new thought for me.I am associating it with a place I do know like being or going to ..you know like sitting at DMV for hours ( thank god for the internet ) or people you do not want to be around , like loud obnoxious drunks.. I do NOT subject my self to either of those things so why am I subjecting myself to being overweight when I despise it so much. I do not like it here and I never wanna come back to this place . Anyway hope that makes as much sense to someone else as it does me :)

Laura 47 , 5'3

VLCD 1 190
VLCD 7 183.4

april
05-06-2012, 02:12 PM
welcome to the forum. one thing I think that is helpful is staying accountable even after you go into maintenance. I think this forum can help, also to continue to log foods so you know what you are eating.

Laura-in-AZ
05-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi April ,

Yes you are so right !

kelligirl
05-06-2012, 03:34 PM
welcome!!! I totally agree with what you said! I have intentionally gotten rid of EVERY piece of clothing that is too big because I flat out refuse to let myself get any bigger again! We are in control of our future and the accountability is here! I think for me the change will be in continuing to weigh daily and if I gain a pound doing something about it. not just let it go and add up!

I am sure you will do GREAT as it sounds like you are in the right mind set! My fitness pal is a great tool to track things!

Laura-in-AZ
05-06-2012, 11:15 PM
so I went to that site and created my weight loss ticker , but I do not know how to get it on here..

jackjames
05-07-2012, 02:51 AM
welcome to the club!

april
05-07-2012, 05:59 AM
click on lilyslim, go to your ticker you made, copy the Ubb code (I think that is it, or close to it), then go to edit signature in settings and paste it..then hit save...it should be there. If we could figure it out, we know you could also.

Anna
05-07-2012, 07:07 AM
congratulations on your progress so far. I know how you feel... I spent two years, exercising two hours per day, losing all of my weight. Different life events happened and I let it come back, plus some. It served a purpose for me, and I needed the time to see what that was. Now I am ready too!!

april
05-07-2012, 07:19 AM
I was about 128 for 3 years 04-07 and some life events led me to stop exercising and paying attention to my weight and before I know it, it just kept creeping up..never again will I let that happen. I like being a smaller person and I plan on staying that way. I also plan on staying healthy, which is really important as I move into my mid 40's.

kristi313
05-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Welcome and congrats on making the choice to put yourself first! :)

Laura-in-AZ
05-07-2012, 03:29 PM
so , had a bad morning , just as I got to work I got light headed, dizzy and broke into a major sweat and pretty much passed out , they call they called 911 and i was taken into ER , I was having irregular heart beating ..EKG came out good and chest x-ray was good the only thing they found was my potassium level was down..well guess what that supports..
Potassium is essential for the proper functioning of the heart, kidneys, muscles, nerves, and digestive system..who knew??

Although a low carb diet, followed as is usually recommended, generally supplies ample amounts of potassium, the first week or so can cause potassium stores be lower. This is because glycogen (http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/glossary/g/glycogen.htm)
(which is how the body stores carbohydrate), is depleted at first, and is bound with potassium. Repeated rapid shifting of carbohydrate intake (repeatedly depleting and replenishing glycogen) could further diminish potassium levels.

So I will need to pump up my intake .. increase my caloric and potassium intake with spinach, greens,kale, strawberries and try to stick to HCG allowed foods in the process..If it does not work I will have to stop injections ..but better safe then sorry.

kristi313
05-08-2012, 05:57 AM
Oh wow Laura, take care of yourself first, hcg can always wait. Def stick with as much dark greens as possible. I think broccoli and tomatoes are also high in potassium. Broccoli is not on the original protocol, but it is on many and I ate it safely on both rounds. I hope you start feeling better soon.