PDA

View Full Version : Day 4 on the drops

Isabellasmom
05-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Is this mainly for the injections type? or are there any drop users here?
My name is Emily! So glad to have found a support forum!
I'm on day 4 on the VLCD.
I have lost 5 lbs so far.
I have some questions, do i have to do the whole 24-40 day cycle?
If I get to my goal weight before the 24 day cycle is up, can i begin my phase 3?
Today when I stepped on the scale, I have only lost 1 lb from yesterday's weigh in. I was losing 2 lbs per day before that. Yesterday I drank a gallon of water PLUS 1 quart. Could this be the reason I didn't lose 2 lbs as i was before? Did I gained a pound of water weight?
The only thing i did different yesterday was that I had strawberries, and cabbage. the 2 days before that, I was eating chicken breast and onion for lunch, and dinner. And i was only drinking around 3 quarts a day.
I know no one can answer this for sure, I just have some questions running through my mind and needed to put them in writing! Thanks in advance.

musiclover
05-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Hi,, I've only been at this for about 7 weeks but from what I know, you need to do at least 21 days for your set point to change, then the p3 and p4 for 3 weeks of each for it to re-set. You're supposed to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water too. I'm not sure what caused your loss to slow down to 1lb but I know for me my losses slowed down near the end of the first week. I think that's normal so don't panic. Also, some of the ladies have struggled with cabbage (I don't really eat it) so that may be an issue too. You're doing great! Make sure you change up your food though....don't eat the same thing for each meal and for me, I make sure I have 2 totally different meals each day (protein, veg and fruit). I rotate my proteins over 3-4 days and always make sure I eat fish if I'm having beef. I always eat the beef for lunch and then fish for dinner. Hope this helps!! You're doing fantastic!!!!