PDA

View Full Version : HCG & me!

HoneyBrown
05-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am so excited - I'm on Day 4 of Phase 2 of the HCG diet, and as of this morning I've lost 7.2 lbs. Granted, I started at 285.2, but this morning I was 278. What a jolt! I'm doing injections, not hungry at all (so far), and am not having problems drinking the ton of water.

I'm having a little struggle with planning meals, but I think it's because I didn't make it to the grocery store over the weekend, and haven't portioned food, etc. I spent last night looking at recipes online, so I have some ideas for the weekend... I just need to make it to the weekend! HA!

Anyhow, I have a few questions:

1. My doctor upped my protein to 6.0 oz, either because of my body type or level of activity. Will this stall my weight loss?

2. Can I use my juicer with this diet? I'd like to juice celery, cucumber and tomato then add spinach or kale in the blender to make a green juice. My doc didn't say anything about eating only 1 vegetable at a time, though I've read that in the forums. (I'll ask during my follow up tomorrow)

3. How do those of you with children feed them and stick to the diet? I have a 6 year old and want to feed him right, but don't want to snack on the foods I give him. Do your kids eat your HCG diet meals in different proportions?

4. Are you exercising at all? If so, what are you doing? Walking? Swimming? I love my zumba classes, but don't know if I will have the energy. I also don't want to burn muscle.

5. Seriously, can I put my face cream on in the mornings? I'm really really addicted to my moisturizer, and don't think aloe vera is going to cut it. I'm a brown skinned beauty, and my skin craves moisture! My doctor didn't tell me anything about not using lotion/cream, btw.

6. Can I use mustard and hot sauce? Those are the only 2 condiments I like, and last night I choked down the fish dry. (TOTALLY have to do a better job with meal planning) It was crying out for some yellow mustard and a little hot sauce!

7. What's the difference between the 30 day plan and the 43 day plan? How do you know the duration you should stay on the HCG during a certain phase?

Any other advice for the new girl? I am at the end of my rope with my weight; if this doesn't work, I'm getting surgery. I don't want to do anything so drastic, so I am really throwing myself into this wholeheartedly!

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Nathalie

shannon
05-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Welcome Nathalie!!!

Not sure why your Dr upped your protein amount but it could be because of your body type and the amount of exercise you are doing. When doing the 500 claorie diet you aren't eating enough to be able to really do any exercise other then light walking so if you are doing zumba or any other things that might be why.

No juice while on the diet so no you can't use your juicer and no mixing vegi's only 2 vegi's per day.

I didn't havce young children while I was on the diet but my 18 yr old daughter was still at home and I just made her whatever she wanted and just ate my foods with her and my BF. I never wanted to eat any of there foods once I saw the lbs coming off and the transformation that was happening so fast before my eyes.

As far as exercise goes Dr. Simeons says only light walking due to the fact we aren't eating enough calories and if you are doing more then light walking you are going to burn al the calories you did eat for the day and it will cause you to have small to no losses and possible gains.

Mustard and hot sauce is allowed as long as there is no sugar or starch of any kind in them, read the labels and make sure.

When doing injections you are not allowed to go any longer then 40 days I believe it is due to becoming immune to the HCG. If you are using homeopathic drops though you can go as long as you want because you don't become immune to those.

The best advice I can give you is read Pounds and Inches by Dr. ATW Simeons'. You can google it and print it off for free and it is the protocol that most of us follow and is the original protocol for HCG and he spent 50 yrs researching and testing to see what worked best and for best results. All Dr.s' seem to have their own idea of what they believe works but none have put in the time and research like Dr. Simeons' has.

Drink at least a gallon of water a day, stick to the protocol stict and try to be as lazy as possible and you will have amazing losses!

HoneyBrown
05-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi shannon !

My favorite part of your post is "try to be as lazy as possible"!

Thanks for the quick answer, I am going in for a B12 shot tomorrow and to weigh in -- I'll ask about why she upped my protein. I'll stick to light walking.

My doc also said I could have protein shakes. These EAS low carb, high protein things in a silver package. Does anyone else take the protein shakes? I took my first one this morning. If I don't see another change for tomorrow, I'll nix the shakes in lieu of a better breakfast. Funny that my doctor makes you eat your first meal between 6-8am (green tea with 2-3 egg whites or a protein shake)...

I'll check out that book, too.

As for now, I'm patiently waiting for 10am so that I can eat my tomato. I am going to jack that tomato UP. LOL

shannon
05-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Is your Dr having you eat more then 500 calories a day? The original protocol is for 500 calories a day, 2 proteins of 3.5 oz each, 2 fruits, 2 vegi's and 2 melba/grissini. Nothing to eat until lunch time except coffee, tea and water unless you are too hungry then you can eat one of your fruits as breakfast but its better if you can wait till lunch to have your first meal.

Be careful with the tomato's they can cause gains and stalls for some people and no protein shakes are not allowed.

april
05-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Alot of clinics and dr's fool around with the original protocol as it is hard to promote such a limited diet I think. If you have some issues with blood sugars maybe that is why. I have a friend who got really light headed, that may counter act that.
I think Shannon answered a lot of your questions I do have kids..11 and 8. I would feed them a variation of my diet when it was just the three of us, and when hubby was home for dinner the same. I would cook my in a different pan sometimes, so not to use oils etc. But most of the time they would have a protein and a veggie for dinner..maybe add in a little rice. I kept them away from the typical kid foods..they do not even ask for it, the other night I asked if they wanted me to pick up chicken or a pizza at the store and they said chicken..so they get what they are used to. I think this is an opportunity to teach your kids how to eat healthy.

happygranny
05-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Is it normal to feel "queasy" for the first few days? This is the beginning of Day 3 on the 500 calories and I feel like crap.....but I've lost 9lbs. in the first 2 days ....so I'm happy but yukky.

shannon
05-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Yes it can be a normal side effect espeically if you didn't load really good. Are you making sure you are eating as close to 500 calories as possible and getting in all your protein? You should start feeling better soon, the first few days can be a little rough for some.

HoneyBrown
05-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Shannon - my doc has me eating closer to 700 calories per day. No carbs at all (not the melba breadstick thingy). They have me eat breakfast between 6-8 and a fruit at 10am. Other meals are 12:30 (lunch) 3:00 (snack) and 6:00 (dinner). Lunch and dinner consist of 6oz protein and 2 cups of vegetables or salad. If I'm awake and starving at 9:30p, I can have plain celery sticks or cucumber slices, but they prefer I not eat after 8pm. No eating 2 hours before bed, no fruit/crackers after 3pm. 1 large roma tomato is listed as a fruit.

I'll stick with what the doctor prescribed initially, and if I hit a wall/plateau, I'll go hard core with the original protocol.

april - that may well be the case. I haven't been light headed. She asked how tall I was, looked at my bp and my weight, then changed the 3.5 oz to 6.0 oz and told me to eat more protein. They may change the plan after the first week? I'll ask when I go in tomorrow for my B-12 shot. I've worked hard to keep my son in a healthy body. He reaches for apples and pears before chips and candy. If I had taken as much care with my own health as I did with his, I'd look like Beyonce right now. LOL

Have either of you used an iPhone app? I see a few HCG apps out there... I'd spend money on them, but I don't want to get suckered into buying one if I don't need it.

happygranny
05-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Shannon.....I'm trying to eat the full 500 cals but am having trouble doing so because of the "yukkys". Yesterday I managed to eat 2 small salads with a little chicken breast chopped on top and some asparagus...probably around 350-400 cals. It was all I could to eat that. Maybe I'll feel better soon. Thanks for the info!

missrinehart
05-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Welcome Nathalie!!!

When doing injections you are not allowed to go any longer then 40 days I believe it is due to becoming immune to the HCG.If you are using homeopathic drops though you can go as long as you want because you don't become immune to those.

Is this true that you don't get immune to the drops? Can you really keep going past the 26 days or 40?

shannon
05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Yes you can go longer if you are doing the drops and no you don't become immune to the drops just the injections you can become immune to.

missrinehart
05-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Thank you! Arg! I wish I had known that. I've wasted the last three weeks doing a P3...ah well, R2 P1 starts in the morning!

shannon
05-17-2012, 03:45 PM
No you need to do 3 weeks of phase 3 and 3 weeks of phase 4 before you start another round! It is so crucial in all of it to make sure you do it all correctly! Since you have done 3 weeks of phase 3 already you can't just jump back on phase 2 you need to do the 3 weeks of phase 4 and then you can reload and start again. Your body really needs the time to adjust to the weight loss and your liver adn kidneys need the time to recoup after processing so much bad toxin through them. Trust me jumping back in too soon is a set up for disaster big time! Please do all the phases before you start again since you have already done 3 weeks of phase 3!

missrinehart
05-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Oh oh. Every thing says three weeks between rounds. I've had three weeks since I got off the drops. Why another three weeks of maintenance? That's all P4 is, right?

shannon
05-17-2012, 04:11 PM
You have to do 3 weeks of phase 3 which is the stabilization phase and then 3 weeks of maintenance were you can add carbs and sugar back in slowly if you want to. The main thing about waiting the 6 full weeks is that your body needs time to catch up with your losses and your skin has time to shrink from all the fat loss. Also your kidneys and liver are taking a toll with all the toxins being flushed through them so fast and they need time to recoup between rounds. The more rounds you do the longer you have to wait between rounds also. so if you do a 2nd round and then decide to do a 3rd round you need to do 4 weeks of phase 3 and 4 weeks of phase 4.

Have you read Pounds and Inches by Dr. ATW Simeons? If you haven't I strongly suggest you do adn it can shed alot of light on why you need to wait the full 6 weeks and go through all the phase before starting another round.