PDA

View Full Version : Can I repeat the same fruit all day?

inapanic
05-18-2012, 05:25 AM
I can only tolerate the strawberries so far, as I have issues with FODMAPS. Do I absolutely have to switch up the fruits, or can I just have strawberries for each of my fruit allotments? I already know I don't do well with apples.

The orange about killed me. I am bloated and gassy and feel like there's an alien trying to wring out my guts. I wanted to take a Gas-X, but they have peppermint oil. :( I've been using my enzymes. Does anyone know of an anti-gas that might be safe for this protocol?

Thanks!

april
05-18-2012, 06:22 AM
I do not...and it would be better to switch up your fruits if you could. Maybe someone has some other thoughts on this. I am sorry that you are having problems. Some people just drop the second fruit but you have to make up the calories at your meals with veggies and some extra protein to get to 500.

shannon
05-18-2012, 08:50 AM
It is not wise to use the same fruit for both your fruits in a day. I would consider dropping the 2nd fruit and just upping your protein and vegi's to get you to the 500 calories.

inapanic
05-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I think I will do that - increase the protein and veggies. Is it ok to use a veggie as a snack in place of the fruit snack I would have had, or would that be like mixing veggies? (I'd stay to the 500 cals, of course)

kristi313
05-18-2012, 12:33 PM
I snacked on veggies sometimes. No problem with it. Most of the time though, it was the same veggie I had for lunch or dinner.

martiangrl
05-18-2012, 12:45 PM
I am in a similar boat as you. I am allergic to strawberries and felt that oranges made me hungry, and stimulate cravings. I am a long time low carber, so already had to overcome fear of consuming fruit anyway. I tried substituting other berries, but I think it made my loss not as vigorous. I tried doing two small apples a day and that worked okay. What worked best for me is half a grapefruit (I squirt vanilla Stevia on it) for one fruit and a small apple for the other. I also did half an apple if I only had a big apple to keep my carbs lower. HTH

I am curious to see if others tried using the same fruit over and over and it worked.

musiclover
05-20-2012, 06:26 AM
I rotate my fruits as much as possible- strawberries and other berries, oranges, grapefruit and apples. That's about it. The only fruit I've repeated in a day is 1/2 a grapefruit. You have to find what works best for your body because we're all different. Good luck!!!

KarenStar
05-21-2012, 06:01 AM
I also recommend you eat a bit more varied. I used to eat apples as an alternative to snacking. Ate about 4 a day for like 3 months until I got absolutely sick to my stomach from eating them, haha. Now I eat very different each day and it keeps me a happy eater (yes, losing weight). Good luck!