PDA

View Full Version : hcg plus nutrisystem?

KSchmo
05-21-2012, 06:35 PM
To have success, do I have to follow the food recommendations for the HCG diet or can I have success in combination with other diet programs, such as Nutrisystem foods, as long as I stay under the 500 calories per day?

Anna
05-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Dr. Simeon's book is very specific. He explains that while other foods might be able to make up the 500 calories, they will not work together in the same way as the foods he has chosen. Personally, I follow the program pretty much to the letter as he has written it and have had more success than I ever imagined I could. I would not change something that works - you might eat 500 calories of the wrong stuff and lose NOTHING!

Anna

april
05-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Personally..i would not bother unless you want to commit to the whole process.

KSchmo
06-03-2012, 06:01 PM
To have success, do I have to follow the food recommendations for the HCG diet or can I have success in combination with other diet programs, such as Nutrisystem foods, as long as I stay under the 500 calories per day?

Tomorrow will be two weeks for me on HCG AND Nutrisystem food - I have lost 19 lbs. I have had anywhere from 500-700 calories per day - even cheating occasionally with ice cream, shrimp, steak, corn on the cob (no butter) and one time even movie popcorn! I have not felt a desire to eat inbetween meals and am able to satisify myself with nutrisystem size meals. Most days I have had a salad with dinner - with a lot of different types of vegetables, fat free dressing and a few croutons. This is working for me and I like it because I know that after hcg is over, I can stick with Nutrisystem or at the equivalent of those types/size meals. I am anxious to see how the next two weeks will go.

april
06-03-2012, 07:04 PM
So happy that it's working for you. My only concern is if you are losing abnormal or stored fat, that is the key here.