PDA

View Full Version : Veggie Ideas

Anna
05-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I am having veggie issues! My problem is that I just don't like much of what we can have... I have eaten so much asparagus, that I about can't stand to look at another stalk! I love onions, but sauteed and oil is out... I read that some do it in water, but can anyone tell me if it is actually good that way?

I really hate lemons, so lemon juice on top just ruins it further. I bought some cabbage to try and saute, but haven't tried it yet - that will be tonight. No dressing for me means no salad, as it just is unedible.

I know I am really picky. The only things on the list I can eat are lettuce, asparagus, onions (if I could figure out how to cook them), and tomatoes (but I can't eat those raw either). Does anyone have any great prep ideas they could share?

Anna

HoneyBrown
05-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi Anna

Try cooking your onions in chicken broth. Alternatively, try roasting your veggies. It gives them a really nutty taste.

Do you like lime juice? Apple Cider Vinegar?

What about cucumbers? I've been eating lots of those lately - with lemon pepper and dill. I let them marinate a while. It's like eating a dill pickle.

There are things on the list that I don't like, but I suck it up and eat it anyway. I figure eating what I like is what got me this big juicy body in the first place. :-) It's only for a short time.

Anna
05-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I know you are probably right, which is why I bought cabbage and am going to try it. I will try the onions in chicken broth tonight - nothing like onions and steak. :D

martiangrl
05-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Spinach is a great alternative to salad for me. I have used it in an egg white omlette or just cooked it in a little lemon juice.

april
05-23-2012, 03:47 PM
I did buy some hcg friendly dressings at wealllost.com I thought they were decent..though I love my creamy ranch. It helped because I could not do salad without dressing either. I also ate some red peppers which are not on protocol, but looked them up and they seemed fine, so went with it. I did not have any problems with those. I would be careful with broth unless you are making it yourself as it can have a lot of sodium in it..even the low sodium stuff.

happygranny
05-23-2012, 05:04 PM
anyone tried the zero calorie Walden Farms?.....the Thousand Island is wonderful......couldn't survive without it! I've had no ill effects from using it yet.....down 14 in 9 days so far.

kristi313
05-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Anna, I had the same problems. I added a few veggies- green beans, broccoli, red peppers, zucchini, cauliflower, mung bean sprouts. All with no issues. The only veggies on protocol I ate was onion and tomatoes. And I only did tomatoes cooked as a marinara sauce. I put that over miracle noodles with mini meatballs or ground beef for a meat sauce. Sometimes I just ate the ground beef cooked with onions with sauce over it. I also did tomatoes cooked with zucchini. Also, a fav of mine from round 1 which I ate nearly every day, onions & peppers with chicken or steak, fajita style with lime juice and cilantro. I used low sodium chicken and beef broth to cook in both rounds with no problems. Check the ingredients for sugar or starch. Swanson had the best flavor. I made onion soup with the beef flavor. Onions, garlic, braggs amino acids(just a dash, its strong), shredded steak, beef broth. Yummy. I also did miracle noodles with sliced sauteed onions(in beef or chicken broth), garlic, ginger, braggs aminos with chicken or steak and it was a super filling. Chinese stir fry like. I also grate up cauliflower and make fried "rice" with the same seasonings as the stir fry plus bean sprouts. This dish was so good I honestly felt like I was cheating. I guess I was with the mixing of veggies, but I haven't had any problem mixing veggies.