PDA

View Full Version : where to inject hCG

Dallasgal
05-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi there, I learned to give hCG shot to myself in my thigh. Has anyone had success in another muscle. Some people commented on giving it in the stomach area. Does it work?

Lori
05-28-2010, 10:20 AM
well my husband injected daily into the fat of my stomach area for 33 days and lost 26 pounds. The needle is so small that you have to look to make sure that it went in. He said it's actually easier than the thigh.

jax
06-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I've done around 480 self injections, I always do them in my shoulder- the same place a Dr. or Nurse would and I never use alcohol. I started injecting DHT using pre-filled syringes in my thigh. They hurt as did an an automatic injector in my thigh, it got stuck removing it wasn't pleasant. Done them in my shoulder ever since. You will find that discomfort from needles depends on the needle size and the thickness of the liquid you are injecting. Temperature doesn't seem to matter much. The stomach would be the very last place I would inject

syllvka
06-06-2011, 04:51 PM
i inject in the butt, and i use 1.5" long needles to make sure it's intramascular injection although many people say that injecting into fat layer works too

Cal
08-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Where you inject should be determined by the type of injection you are giving yourself. If it's subcutaneous, it's safe to inject in the stomach area or shoulder (these are SHORT needles!), but if it's an IM shot the best place is the middle third of your thigh. IM injections should be done in large muscle groups. The buttocks are the ideal place, but unless you have been shown where and how to do this yourself - don't. It's challenging, and the target area for where you can safely inject in the buttocks is much smaller and harder to see than in the thigh. I've been doing my own IM injections (for testosterone) for over 6 years and I still have not been able to even figure out how to inject myself in the buttocks. I always choose the thigh.

Make sure that you use the right gauge and length of needle for your injections. IM injections should be 1.5" in length. Never use this length for a subcutaneous injection! Definitely ask your doctor all of these questions and have them show you how to inject properly.

Love,
Cal

TJayLynn
08-26-2011, 09:38 PM
I inject in my belly, I have to lean against the door or the sink so that I can see over "the ladies" and actually see where I was putting the needle. I swab, pinch, inject, and swab again. Easy as pie, no pain, and I have never had an issue.

Cal
08-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Sounds super easy! What gauge needle do you use for that?

Love,
Cal

judygirl
09-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I do sub-cutaneous injections in my abdomen. I do it sitting down, I find it easier to see where I'm injecting when I'm sitting vs. standing. I use a small insulin needle, the gauge is 28 and the needle is 1/2 inch in length, so it's quite little. I don't feel a thing when I do the injections, and I prefer this method as I know I'm getting real HCG and only have to inject once daily.

Cal
09-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Oh that sounds super easy. I have done IM injections with 23g and 25g, and when I started using 25g I didn't feel a thing. I can imagine using a 28g needle doesn't feel like anything!

Love,
Cal

judygirl
09-13-2011, 11:05 PM
OMG Cal! A 23 guage needle... ouch! You are one tough cookie!

Cal
09-14-2011, 01:16 AM
Insane, right?? I didn't know I had a choice, that's what I was given. Other guys I know used a 21g and 22g so I didn't think it was that big of a deal until I found myself sweating and nervous, barely able to prepare for each injection because of the pain... then I heard someone say they used 25g!!! And since then it's just been basically routine, mindless "stab n go!"

I don't feel it when a nurse uses a 23g in my glutes but man, 23g in the thigh? By my own hands? NOOOOTHAAANKS!

Love,
Cal

Cal
09-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Sometimes I chuckle when people tell me they have to learn how to inject something with a 28g needle and want some help... they have no idea how easy they have it!

Optimistic
09-16-2011, 09:47 PM
I eventually had my husband give me the injections daily. He used an insulin syringe and went into the fat of my stomach area and off to the sides for 42 days. The more the side the injection was the less I felt anything and it was even suggested by my MD & her PA.

Straman
10-22-2011, 08:29 AM
i used a 28 gauge insulin needle in the stomach for the first 4 days but it was leaving bruises, since then i inject in the thighs. if they become sore then i will move to the shoulders for a while. but the hcg injections using an insulin needle can be injected anywhere but not the eye muscle (lol). subcutaneous means under the skin.