PDA

View Full Version : Pizza....what a BIG mistake!

Fifi
06-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Okay, first let me say the choice was made by a friend for pizza, but yeap, I jumped right on that granade. This used to be a favorite food of mine back before HCG, clean eating, and dropping 100 + pounds. I am paying dearly for a high carb, high gluten, fat laden dinner I had last wednesday.
I've been in maintenance for the past five weeks after an 18 week second round of HCG. Maintenance has not been as easy as it was after round one, but up until this incident I've manage to keep things under control within my 2 pound range of LDW (164.4) until last wednesday's poor dinner choice. This is the only thing I have done differently and I am praying each day the scale will befriend me again. I awoke this morning at 168.4!!!!! Mind you, I have been eating cleanly since the pizza night 5 days ago. Sticking with NO CARB and primarily p2 foods but unfortunately every day I am a half pound to a pound heavier. This is insane! I have never done the "Steak Day" but I am wondering if I need to give this a go. Panic mode is beginning to set in. Top it off, yesterday was my birthday and I have been a totally miserable and depressed mess! This is not fun. As I said I am in panic mode and thinking of getting started on another round immediately, as I still need to shed a good 20 pounds!!

jackstraw
07-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Pizza and beer are to me what kryptonite is to superman. I put on weight QUICKLY after a few months of over-indulgence in both. Beer is liquid bread (but I love it, anyway.) You have to think of drinking beer like eating copious amounts of bread. I obviously have a gluten or carb sensitivity, so rather than totally eradicate them from my life, I allow myself one day per week (usually Saturday or Sunday) to indulge. I know Monday will greet me with a two to three pound gain, so Monday is steak day by default.

Fifi
07-10-2012, 09:05 AM
You are so right....I love both as well, but they are most likely the reason I once weighed 275 pounds....indulging on a regular basis. I, too, found on those occasions when I see a spike due to carb/gluten laden eating that a steak day will knock 3 to 5 pounds off overnight and then I am strict on proteins until I feel I am in control again. I don't indulge very often at all since the intolerance leaves me tired, bloated and crampy for 3 or 4 days afterward. I am learning to enjoy alternative carb free and gluten free foods much more, and I have avoided the weight spikes by doing so.