PDA

View Full Version : midnight shift work?

mustangcyn44
06-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Hi everyone! I am round 1 P 2 VLCD 14 and have hit a stall for 3 days!!! I have lost 11.2 so far and have been very happy with the diet and this forum is awesome for support! Thank you everyone! I have a question about shift work. I am an RN that works 12 hour night shifts and am having a hard time figuring out the best time for the injections..as my sleep patterns change several times a week. I have been stalled for 3 days and have not cheated..drank all my water. Is it because I have not been getting good sleep? That is a huge challenge with my schedule. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!:rolleyes:

shannon
06-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi Mustangcyn44 and welcome! It is very common to hit a stall around this time in the diet. The first week you see huge nice losses and then after that it averages out to about .5 a day and some times less. Stalls are usually due to your body catchin up with your losses and more then likely you have some depleated fat cells that are holding onto the water right now and once they release you will see a nice loss. Also when you aren't loosing lbs you are loosing inches so make sure you are measuring! Lack of sleep can also hinder your losses not to mention if you are on your feet and super active and since you are an RN I would assume you are on the go those 12 hours a day. As far as when to do your injections I would say just try to do them about the same time every day or as close to as posssible so that way you constantly have a steady flow of it in your body.

april
06-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I agree with Shannon..you are just going to have to find a consistent time and stick with it. I think that working nights is def. hard on the body and you will just need to force youself to sleep and take care of yourself the best you can.

mustangcyn44
06-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Thanks everyone!! I am doing the injections at 8am and so far am down 13lbs!! Not as far along as I hoped, but I am halfway there...hope to be down 25 by the middle of July!!

martiangrl
06-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Having done three rounds, I can attest that after the initial 2 weeks, the losses slow and become every other day or every 3 days for me with days of staying the same weight for the days in between the release. If you are close to ideal weight, the losses slow also. Some folks try to boost their rate of loss by either taking an interruption or "refeed" where they stop the HCG, wait 2 days (3 days for injections) and then do up to 14 days of increased calories (basically following P3 protocol) and some cycle fully with a P3 then a P4 and break the total loss desired into multiple rounds to take advantage of the more rapid rate of loss in the beginning. Psychologically, I think it is easier for some to just persevere with the original round and just adjust the expectation that the rate of loss is slower in the later weeks of the round, but your preference may be to consider either splitting up your rounds or doing an "interruption." If you have P&I, there is a section on interruption you may find interesting. Glad you are getting results and staying with the protocol.

HTH

shannon
06-21-2012, 09:25 AM
13 lbs in 14 days is awesome!!! The average daily weight loss is about .5 a day after the first week so you are really doing great! If you haven't measured yet or tried on smaller clothes you really should because I would bet you have lost quit a few inches already too! Way to go and keep it up you are doing great!