PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone lost 30 lbs in 40 days?

tgo
06-29-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm new here and so confused. Has anyone been able to lose 30 lbs in 40 day? If so, which plan did you follow, Dr. S's, Trudeau's, or Collis Watson's? I can't decide which one will give me the best results so I thought I should ask people that have been successful. My head is telling me to just try and stick to the original protocol but it doesn't really explain why some food groups are in or out and I don't like most of the veggies on the list.

I was hoping to lose 30 lbs in P2, and I'm doing good as far as the scale goes (SW = 172, Day 5 = 165). I'm struggling with a few other things like food choices.. Not bad considering I keep messing up. Yesterday, I ate an orange, green beans and ground turkey and then realized they were not on Dr S original protocol. I guess I was using Trudeau's list which is more liberal.

I really only want to go through P2 once. Has anyone been able to lose 30 lbs and eaten things like broccoli, green beans or ground turkey? I want to eat salad but Dr S says just mixed greens. That won't fill me up so I'd rather just skip it, but I love salad with cucumbers and celery. I'm not sure I can eat most of those other vegs either. Who eats a cup of fennel? My husband says I should just follow he original plan. Easy for him to say as he eats cheesy pasta and ice cream.

Has anyone published a list of foods that have been known to increase weight loss, and those that have been known to slow weight loss? That would be so very helpful.

I realize much of this is trial and error but I'd like to make good choices from the start. Maybe I'm over thinking this and my husband is right... just stick with the original protocol, Pounds & Inches.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. This is really stressing me out!

liblou09
07-01-2012, 07:02 PM
i do a non commerical hcg diet. i can have salad spinach broccoli and cucumbers and celery . i havent had an issue and ive lost 87 lbs so far since jan ..

tgo
07-01-2012, 07:16 PM
That's awesome! I'm going to try and follow Pounds & Inches to see if I can accelerate the weight loss. So no more broccoli. I'm so tired of trying to lose weight. I know maintenance won't be easy but it's got to be better than this!

kristi313
07-02-2012, 09:11 AM
I lost more than 30 in my last round of 40 days. I ate broccoil and zucchini almost every day. And green beans. But otherwise I followed pounds and inches pretty closely. I did also use miracle noodles and mixed red peppers with onions a lot. And onions w other veggies. I drank lots of water and stuck to the 500 cal a day. Plus I only had one cheat that round and I paid for it for a full week. Gained then stalled then finally lost it again. So when you eat off protocol, you can expect slow losses. I am doing a lot of experimenting this round and my losses are very slow. There is no rhyme or reason to how much you will lose each day. Some have a big loss then stall a few days, some lose every day. Those little losses add up each week and you will be amazed by the end of your round. Not only with the pounds lost, but the change in your body. And it continues to change through p3 & 4 even when your weight stays the same. It is true that if you follow it exactly, it works. Usually for everyone. You may think a small cheat isn't going to hurt, but it does, BIG time.

shannon
07-02-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm a firm believer in sticking to strict Dr. Simeons protocol!

Loosing 30 lbs in 40 days can be done but everyones bodies are different so it'shard to know for sure if your body will give up the weight that fast. My first round I did 9 weeks with a 5 day planned interruption and I lost 35 lbs in that round. My second round was 6 weeks and I lost an additional 22 lbs but the more rounds you do the less you loose each round and the slower the weight comes off.

If you stick to strict protocol you could have a very good chance of loosing 30 lbs in 40 days. But I would not be eating turkey, green beans, broccoli or mixing my vegi's.