PDA

View Full Version : Need (suggestions for) SNACKS!!

kind<3
07-19-2012, 12:28 PM
ok, so in a perfect world, I would pre-prepare what I needed for meals and snacks and pack them to go when necessary. But lets be real here folks, sometimes we get caught un-prep'd out there & have to have a snacky-thing, and it's not like you can pick up a hard-boiled egg in the kmart checkout line where all those snickers are, well, 'snickering' at you... I WANT TO MAKE WISE CHOICES!, but what are they?
-and Please Don't suggest NUTS, because apparently, I have a miserable sensitivity to them :mad:(depressing, I Know!)
Please, share your suggestions and ideas.:eek:

kind<3
07-19-2012, 12:31 PM
ps, have you looked onto one of those vending machines lately? geez- nothing in there is really recognizable even as food :(

shannon
07-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Ok what kind of nuts were you eating and how much at a time? Some nuts are worse then others and some are actually really good for you compared to others and in moderation also!

Snacks can be blueberries, an apple, an orange, the single serve tillamock cheese, pistachios or macadamia nuts. But like any food it has to be in moderation and you also have to have other foods throughout the day like protiens, good fats and vegi's.

kind<3
07-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Almonds. Pistachios. Cashews. Homemade almond butter smeared on apple wedges.
Havent tried Mac nuts , but will.
What is tillamock cz?

shannon
07-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Stay away from cashews they are not too friendly for sure, almonds should be raw natural almonds and limited and same with almond butter. Tillamock cheese is a brand name of cheese and they probably don't carry it where you live. All nuts should be eaten in small amounts and shouldn't be used as a main protein. The main thing to look for with cheese is that the ingridients are nothing but pasturized milk and nothing else. Most block cheese is nothing but pure milk product with no other ingridients in it. Stay away form the pre-shredded cheese and the string cheese as those all have starch in them amongst other bad stuff.

xxaimsxx
07-19-2012, 04:47 PM
For "snacks" I would stick to "per serving" and not more than that. Always pair a protein with carbs...kinda like how you are eating almond butter with apple. I use to do slice cheese on apple slices.

kristi313
07-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Man I didn't know that cashews were bad. They are on the p3 list and I have been eating them every day. Maybe that's why I'm up a little.

shannon
07-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Kristi they aren't super bad but not one of the best things to eat on P3 as they can be inflamitory. The best nuts to start out with would be walnuts, almonds or macadamia nuts and all in raw form. They are also really high in calories and also have some carbs in them so you have to be careful when eating them and eat them in small quantity.

kristi313
07-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks Shannon!