PDA

View Full Version : Interruption vs P3

RebeccaD
07-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Hello! Just found this forum. Thank heavens!

I am on day 9. As I was definitely NOT dieting in any form before starting, I did not load. I just started. I am doing the EasyHCG drops now, but actually started before they came in the mail with something from the store. Once I got them, I questioned my skipping of the load days. I have been awfully hungry. Gnaw your arm off hungry. It was MUCH better yesterday and today. I would say normal hunger when it was time to eat. So, can I assume I am over that hump?

Here is my biggest question. I have a lot to lose, 50-60 lbs. At day 30, I am traveling for 6 days. How should I handle that? There is really no way I can keep to a clean P2 without more discussion about my eating than I am willing to endure. As far as sticking to a primal/paleo diet, no sweat. That I can pull off without a hitch. I will be staying with family. As long as I am eating a fairly normal amount, and just passing on grains and starches, no one will even notice. If there is a way to minimize the interruption, which I saw reference to on here, but have not found a clear description, and go back onto P2 upon my return, I would like to do that. Or is it best for me to transition to P3 and restart after a stabilization period? I am concerned that I will not be able to manage a stable P3 without food scales and eating out, etc. It will certainly not be a nice controlled transition until I get home.

Of course, I would love to get rid of this heft as soon as possible, but I have lost this 50 lbs only to gain it back too many times to get too fired up about instant results. I am in this for the long haul. This is for my long term health, not the size of my jeans.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

kind<3
07-25-2012, 05:51 AM
i SURE would suggest that you do some serious research and see what you are in for before you get it. this diet has been so much more demanding and involved that i ever imagined. and i'm talking about the phases AFTER you lose weight and finish the drops... Just Sayin'!
-CK

shannon
07-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi Rebecca and Welcome!

First off the drops you got from the store most likley had no HCG in them and you were basically on a starvation diet and doing major harm to your body! Secondly the drops you have now do they say HCG 6x, 12x, 30x, 60x in the ingridients? If they don't stop immediately and and go back to eating a paleo/primal lifestyle until you can get good drops because you are doing nothing but starving yourself and loosing your good fat and muscle mass and anything you loose you will gain right back and then some! Thirdly if you didn't load then you didn't jump start your stored bad fat to start releasing, that is if you even have real HCG. And lastly if you actually have real HCG drops and you are gnaw your arm off hungry then your dose is more then likely off and this needs to be addressed and fixed.

Please fill me in on your drops you are now taking and the ingridients and we will go from there to get you on track and feeling better.

I am totaly not trying to discourage you from doing this diet I am a huge believer of HCG and I am proof it works but only if you have real HCG and you follow the protocol to the T.

Also how long have you been on the VLCD and the drops?

shannon
07-25-2012, 09:31 AM
I just looked at the website for EasyHCG and yes those are good drops. So now I need to know how many drops per day are you taking and how long have you been on them?

RebeccaD
07-25-2012, 09:59 PM
i SURE would suggest that you do some serious research and see what you are in for before you get it. this diet has been so much more demanding and involved that i ever imagined. and i'm talking about the phases AFTER you lose weight and finish the drops... Just Sayin'!
-CK
I have continued to read the book and think I have a decent grasp of it all. I obviously got more detailed info after I had jumped in. Unfortunately, this trip came up rather suddenly. I am a photographer and I have been hired to do a job in Denver, where my siblings live. I suspect this forum will be the most meaningful resource of all. At least I'm not cheating all over the place and skipping weekends:) I get it better than that! LOL

RebeccaD
07-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks Shannon. I got the bottle and it says everything you were looking for. Glad I got some good ones. I got them the day I started VLCD, so I only had one dose of the store drops. Then the mail came and I switched to the good ones. Today was day 10 and I had no problems with hunger at all! Whew. My weight hasn't performed any miracles, but I am down a solid 7 lbs and quite pleased with it. I have felt better than before I started the entire time. And I wasn't hungry all day long, it just came on me like a train! Last few days have been quite pleasant. I am learning from here that I am screwing up some stuff. Having the same protein for both meals, using balsamic vinegar. I also have one thing to work into all this. I am a kidney stone maker. The diet they want me on is simply not healthy. They want my protein limited and dairy with every meal. I also drink the juice of 4 lemons in water throughout the day. I have done that to counteract my protein intake. Only time will tell if I am keeping my stones at bay. The next few years of experimenting with a primal diet and watching my stone formation will be a learning experience. I may make my nephrologist nuts, but I feel I will be healthier and maybe those stupid stones will tolerate the protein given the overall diet changes. We'll see. So, the lemonade may be slowing me from huge drops, but its steady and I feel good.
So, I am taking 10 drops 3x day. I upped the drops as advised if hungry. It worked. Today I went back to ten.

Any ideas for me for my trip yet? As I said in the post above, it came up after I had started. I was hired for a job in Denver where my siblings all live. I hate to fly in, work, and pop out just because of a diet, so I planned to stay for a few days beyond my required time to get my shoot done.

I shall patiently wait to see if you need more info. Thanks so much for your help:)

shannon
07-26-2012, 08:31 AM
If you didn't load with the real drops then your losses are going to be smaller because you didn't give your stored bad fat a jump start like it needs. Also if you aren't following Dr. simeons' protocol and your Dr has you following a different protocol that could be part of the problem too but do what you need to in order to keep the stones at bay.

How many days will you have been on the VLCD with the new drops before you leave for Denver? It is reccomended that if you are going to do a PI that you have been on the VLCD for 23 days with no cheats then you can do a PI for no more then 14 days. You would stop the drops and still eat VLCD for 48 hours then you would bump up your calorie intake by using P3 foods and no starch or sugar what so ever and not add too many new foods in except maybe eggs for breakfast and then more P2 type foods to up the calories per day. It is also best for stabilization if you can do another full 23 days after your PI with no cheats at all to make sure when you do transition to P3 you can stabilize.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions, I am more then happy to help in any way I can.

RebeccaD
07-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Hmmm, I hadn't actually counted it before. Its 35 days on VLCD with room for the 48 hrs off the drops and a few days to ease into stabilization. That's more than I thought! I have another quick trip in there, but its fast enough that I can keep on track. And its with clients that I won't have to eat around. Easy peasy for that one.
Thanks on the advice on how to properly 'interrupt'. Should I use the last few days of the PI to load? Or do I just jump right back in with drops and VLCD?

And yes, I'm just doing the best I can within my kidney stone diet protocol. That is about the bizarrest constellation of food/mine fields you can imagine. No spinach, no grapefruit, minimize oranges, green veggies, no tomatoes, minimize animal protein (I am blatantly blowing that one), and include no less than the juice of 4 lemons per day. I am pretty much supposed to live on dairy products, white rice and bread products, and some fruits. Hello diabetes!

At least once I get my weight down, I can manage to remain within a primal/paleo diet without nearly as much juggling as the getting the weight down part. It will still be a challenge, but I am already labeled 'pre-diabetic' according to my blood work. That trumps the kidney stones to a certain extent in my mind. I figure the lemons may slow my losses down and it will take more rounds of VLCD to get within a better weight range for me, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do:)

Thanks for your guidance!

xxaimsxx
07-26-2012, 12:58 PM
You only need to reload if you're off the drop for like 2 weeks. If not, then you go straight to the drops and VLCD.

shannon
07-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Rebecca you would not reload you would just start the drops and VLCD the day after you get back from your trip unless your trips is more then 14 days.