PDA

View Full Version : New and excited to try the HCG diet!

Hicksrachel
08-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I am just starting my weight loss journey and am excited and hopeful! I have 50 pounds to lose to get back down to my normal weight, and am going to do my best to make this work for me. None of my family believes in this diet and thinks it a gimmick, but I am proudly going to conitue and prove them wrong! Wish me luck... loading day 1 starts tomorrow.

xxaimsxx
08-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi! Welcome to the forum!

If anyone ever asks what you are doing just say you are eating clean - lean meat, veggies and fruits. Cutting out sugar and starches. Do not go into detail about the 500 calorie diet or hcg. It's never a positive reaction. =)

Have fun loading! Make sure to load on lots of good healthy fats and protein. If you are going to load with carbs and sugar, do that the 1st day along with some healthy fat and protein then on the 2nd day just load mainly on fat and protein. It helps with the whole hunger pain the first week.

notforsale
08-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I didn't even get positive remarks from people who have themselves done hcg diet. I had a respondent who just gone done with her protocol telling me how much better it is to do this diet in the fall and how hard it is etc.etc. This was on the eve of my last loading day. When it comes to weightloss, I always felt like most people have to do it themselves (although this forum is amazing)...so, you know...do what you do, rock it out, and prove them wrong. In the end it's for you and not them anyway!

xxaimsxx
08-06-2012, 11:20 PM
It is simple yet hard at the same time. It's definitely emotional roller coaster for sure and I've done many rounds. Many people think that its a quick fix and once they are done, they can go back to the way they use to eat wo gaining all the weight but it's not like that. It's a lifestyle change and they have to learn to keep eating correctly.

My bf's coworker did HCG for a short period of time just so she can fit into her wedding dress and then just dropped it all together after she got married. He told me that she's gaining weight and you can see the pudgyness. So I told him, she probably gained all her weight back and some more. Sad really. Although I've done that to myself but at least I try to get back on the horse and what not.

I guess in the end, it's all on how the person themselves do after the protocol is done. If they really do make it a lifestyle change or they see it as a quick fix and then just let themselves go. Based on that, they would either say its awesome or it sucks, etc.

change4me
08-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Welcome and good luck! Its amazing how many people have something to say when they are not walking in your shoes. I have read success stories all over the web and personally know several people who have lost and kept it off. Thats why I am here. If you can stick to it, it will work. The first few days are rough, but it will just get better every single day.

shannon
08-07-2012, 08:05 AM
This journey is amazing and if you follow the protocol to the T and all the phases you will be successful! I did 2 rounds lost 55 lbs and have kept it off for 10 months now! But like any diet if you don't make it a life style change and go back to eating the way you used to that caused you to gain in the first place then yes you will gain it back and then some.

kshambl
08-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi Hicksrachel!
Welcome and great decision to make this committment!!! I just started my journey 4 days ago (Phase 2). This is an awesome forum and I know you will prove your family wrong. I was just telling a skeptical friend of mine that this journey is not for everyone, but if you choose to sacrifice for a little while, the reward will be great! I am already seeing awesome results and I too will continue on.

Hicksrachel
08-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I am just starting my weight loss journey and am excited and hopeful! I have 50 pounds to lose to get back down to my normal weight, and am going to do my best to make this work for me. None of my family believes in this diet and thinks it a gimmick, but I am proudly going to conitue and prove them wrong! Wish me luck... loading day 1 starts tomorrow.

I appreciate everyone who encourages me to work this out! I am determined to make this happen for me. Others don't understand what it's like to be older and overweight, although my husband says that it doesn't bother him I am sure he is just being kind. I KNOW he would prefer me to look a little more slender and sexier, but he won't admit it. We have been together for 28 years, have 4 children and 3 grands and I need to do something for me now. This is the beginning of the rest of my new life a happier and thinner me. THanks for all of the well wishes and I'll keep you posted on my progress. WHOO HOO watch out world, here I come!

HCG4me
08-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Good luck on your HCG journey. I truly feel it is a Godsend. I attended a bodylogicmd seminar in my town to learn more about bioidentical hormone treatment, and this guy sat behind me asked the doctor giving the seminar if she administers hcg and she said she did. So I asked about it, and the guy said he just lost 100 lbs on it and you have to follow the diet to the letter. So I hooked up with this doctor, and have not looked back since. Only on week 2 but down 16.5 lbs now and hubby and some work friends are starting to notice. I've got tons more to go but reading all your stories gives me encouragement.

kiyatylese
08-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Good Luck! You will see how easy it is to drop the weight if you just stick to the plan.

Hicksrachel
08-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Oh BOY! the loading days were really hard for me, now I am day 1 of phase 2 and am really hungry ( I had to postpone 1 day before loading). I have hope that I will be able to do this however, all of the good advice and helpful tips has made this easier. I realize the first few days will be difficult but I am up for the challenge. When this weight starts falling off I will be even more motivated to continue. Current weight 175.5 as of this morning, hopeing to see a decrease tomorrow.

HCG4me
08-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Keep us posted! This plan works if you follow it exactly. I lost a lot in my very first week. I'm only on day 3 of week 3 (phase 2) and down 21 lbs. It would have taken me 10 weeks or so to lose this weight (maybe). I feel wonderful. When you do the plan and wake up and weigh yourself you will be very motivated.

Lady Di 01
08-17-2012, 01:09 AM
Hi, I am excited too-I am in maintenance right now after losing 30lbs the first round and will start round 2 and hoping to lose 25-30 more pounds-if you follow protocol you can do it!!It really does work-you just have to really follow the program ..