PDA

View Full Version : Please help me plan for a short trip

notforsale
08-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Ok, next Monday I will be travelling with family about 6 hours away. we will be staying 2 nights and coming home on day 3. We are staying in a hotel with a fridge, I'm sure the hotel has a microwave somewhere. We may go out to eat and I can handle that, but I'm packing a cooler of food. Since I won't be able to cook up food fresh, I have to pack things that will heat up and not be nasty (i.e. a cooked slab of chicken may be quite dry and hard to eat by the 2nd/3rd day. Do you have ideas for meals? This is only my 2nd day of phase 2 so I don't have a great list. I think I can handle the beef, I guess it's the chicken recipes I need help with. And, I don't eat seafood.

Thanks!
notforsale (Sarah)

shannon
08-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Sarah my favorite P2 chicken was great for cooking ahead of time and reheating in the microwave.

I would take my single serving of raw chicken, part of my tomato serving diced and put it on top on the chicken and season it with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and fresh cilantro. Wrap each serving in a tinfoil pouch and bake in the oven till chicken was cooked. Once out of the oven I would put each serving in a tupperware container with the juices from the pouch. I would make enough of these for a full weeks worth of lunches and ate it pretty much every day on both rounds. To me it was like eating a chicken taco with the tortilla. You could also spice it up with some ceyenne pepper or other seasonings too if you would like, btu it is super nummy and reheats awesome.

Another good one for traveling is the chicken, apple and celery salad but I can't remember what all is in the dressing but I believe it was fresh lemon juice, ACV, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg but not positive on it. It was one of my favorites also and it would travel well and you could make it ahead of time too.

xxaimsxx
08-07-2012, 12:18 PM
You should also double check to make sure there is a microwave you can use or if there's one in the room.

notforsale
08-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Shannon, did you then just eat the rest of your serving of tomato fresh? Would it not work to put it all in there? Thanks for this--I'm on this for later today!

shannon
08-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I would eat the rest of the tomato serving fresh but you could cook the whole thing in with it but that might make it be more like a soup but it's totally up to you.

I believe the chicken apple celery salad recipe is on here some where too but can't remember where. If I find it I will post it for you.

shannon
08-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Here is one recipe for it but I could of sworn the one I had called for ACV in it. This was a super good and filling salad and I used to take it on trips to see my kids and would just premake it and put it in the cooler in single serving tupperware so I wouldn't over eat on it. I would also some times make it with cabbage instead of the celery so it was kind of like a coleslaw and that was really good too.

110g organic chicken in a can packed in water nothing added
1 med apple
3 stalks celery
juice of 1 lemon
2 dashes cinnamon
1 dash nutmet
stevia to taste

239 calories of yummy goodness

shannon
08-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Oh I just realized that recipe calls for ousing canned chicken but I always used fresh chicken never canned, don't trust it and too much sodium in it I am sure.

notforsale
08-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Is nutmet something for real or a typo for nutmeg? I've seen it written twice now:-)
thanks for those recipes, I feel better now knowing I've got something good to bring!

shannon
08-07-2012, 02:01 PM
lol it should be nutmeg