PDA

View Full Version : What I have learned so far

kiyatylese
08-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Honestly, this is the best thing I have done for myself. I learned that I do better with having restrictions. Diets like weight watchers did not work for me, because I had to much leave-way and I tended to use that to cheat. The highly restricted food on hcg is making me stick to the program without any attempts of cheating. I guess I just craved structure. Who knew ??? :rolleyes:
I also learned that I was an emotional eater. The first few days I went through a lot of emotions, and I had to learn to deal with them. It was really hard, because I never had to do that before. The food was always there to help me through sadness, irritation or even boredom.
I have anticipated the VLCD to be very difficult, but surprisingly it hasn't. :cool:

shannon
08-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi Kiya and welcome! I am the same way as you any lead way in a diet and I found a way to stretch it to the max and basically ruin any chance of loosing on it! Plus the slow results always had me discouraged within 2 weeks.

I love the strict structure of HCG and how it has helped me to learn how to fuel my body and not just eat to eat! Don't get me wrong I still go to the fridge or cupboards 100 times over when I am bored but I refrain now from actually filling my mouth with foods when that happens.

notforsale
08-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Ha! This might be the best thread ever. I have only just started, but have also learned so much in the last few days. I can't believe how different I feel today than a few days ago--I have control. I never feel like I have control over my eating, but I have proved that I do. It doesn't even bother me that I have a ways to go because I know I'll be seeing progress in my body in a very short amount of time.

I also realized that I started this diet at exactly the right time because I pre planned my cycles and I will be loading on Halloween, on maintenance on Thanksgiving and loading on Christmas EVE and Christmas Day. This is awesome because when I get really wanting something I can remind myself that 1)it takes time for a new way of eating to become my personality, 2)I will have opportunity to eat junk again (just not today) and 3)that when I get to the point of getting to eat junk again, I probably won't even want it--or very much of it.

I too, am loving the structure.

kiyatylese
08-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I also realized that I started this diet at exactly the right time because I pre planned my cycles and I will be loading on Halloween, on maintenance on Thanksgiving and loading on Christmas EVE and Christmas Day.

That's some perfect planning! I have been counting on my calendar for R2 and I will be on P3 during Thanksgiving. I haven't looked at Christmas yet.
I have already structured my next loading days and planned all the foods that I want to eat. It's horrible, but at least I know that if I have a craving, there is a date I will be able to have it.

april
08-08-2012, 12:51 PM
If you are looking at several rounds make sure you have 6 weeks in between the first two, then add a week on between second and third.

notforsale
08-08-2012, 04:13 PM
My mom's chiropractor (whom I trust and will go to some day when I have $$$) ok'd her to go 5 weeks inbetween phase 3 and restarting, so as long as I'm doing ok, I'm going to take that. I know I have to be flexible, this is just the plan...I figure as long as I'm on some part of the diet and not doing my own thing (which got me nowhere but fat), I'll be doing alright. Still figuring it out as I go.