PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on Day 3, Round 1, Need advice!

tim
08-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Hello All,

I am on R1D3 and have lost 4 lbs so far. I found out about this forum yesterday and I was amazed to get so much information.

My question is can we distribute 500 calories throughout the day or is it necessary to have it for lunch and dinner only?

Thanks!

Sleddriver
08-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi Tim, and welcome! I just joined yesterday, and am only about 2 weeks ahead of you in R1. Congrats on your progress so far.

For me, I was finding that I was getting a little hungry around an hour before bedtime. That's the time I usually like a snack. So, I have been saving my fruit from lunch and dinner for eating late in the evening, and the issue has gone away. I don't advance any food up to breakfast time, though...the first time I eat in a day is at lunch time. It works for me, and might work for you too. If I recall, you just can't carry unused calories over to the next day.

Sleddriver

kiyatylese
08-10-2012, 08:57 AM
I think you can distribute it any way you want to, as long as you are sticking to the original foods. For example, I always have my half grapefruit in the morning with my coffee. I just function better that way in the morning.

tim
08-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Thanks Sleddriver and Kiyatylese.
Sleddriver even I find the need of a snack before bedtime and I was planning to leave melba toast from dinner for it.

shannon
08-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Hi Tim and welcome!

You don't have toeat only at lunch and dinner time and you can use your fruit and melba for snacks in between meals if you want to, I wouldn't reccomend eating both fruits before bed though or too late in the evening as they have a tendancy to cause smaller losses when you do that. Also no you can't hold left over calories from the day before to eat the next day. You need to get as close to your 500 calories each day and if you are short you can't eat those extra calories the next day.

Great losses so far and keep it up!

xxaimsxx
08-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi Tim! Welcome aboard!

OH gosh yes distribute your food throughout the day! I start eating at like 10am and finish my dinner by 6/7pm. So I will eat ever 2-3hrs or so.

Sleddriver
08-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Shannon. Wonder why eating fruits later in evening causes smaller losses...

xxaimsxx
08-10-2012, 10:41 AM
I only know protein before bed is good..so always eat that as your last meal.

Almost like how fitness or those in the bodybuilding industry eats eggs or some sort of protein shake before bed if they want something.

april
08-10-2012, 12:49 PM
I think the fruits before bed is not ideal because of the sugar content. I usually eat one fruit around 10am, have my lunch at noon, eat my second fruit around 3 and then dinner about 6. I sometimes add a little bit of extra protein in the morning in the form of a hard boiled egg white (off protocol), but I am playing tennis so eating a bit more those days.