PDA

View Full Version : Is This Trend Normal?

Sleddriver
08-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Okay, I've just completed my 2nd week since loading, and here is my weight trend:

So, I'm down about 15 lbs after 15 days, but the trend has been severely "flat" over the last 1+ week. I received some great pointers on what not to do (i.e., no store-bought broth, go easy on the seasoning, no Splenda, etc.) from people at this site (thank you very much!). I'm staying well-hydrated...I am drinking water like a fish. I'm doing sublingual mixed from dry hCG powder, 0.5 cc 2X day from an initial 15cc batch, and I am not hungry. Other than cooking my tomatoes when I have a tomato-veggie meal (I cook them down in water and add very little spices to make a "chili base" for adding bits of my meat allowance), I've tried to eat basically all the other veggies raw, and never mix them (even though the FAQ section says I can make a salad...that's confusing!).

I DO perceive changes in body shape...I'm back in clothes I haven't worn in a while, and my family is noticing the body change. I notice I'm a little more tired than usual after mowing the lawn, and am avoiding any other "strenouous" exercise.

I've got two more weeks on my first 30-day round. Hoping I won't lose just another 4 pounds...even though a total of 20 lbs in 30 days would be great.

Even though I know each person is different, I'd be interested to know whether my case is what one would call "typical"...and what I might expect over the remainder of this round.

Thanks!

Sleddriver

april
08-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Hey there,

Yes..after the second week your weight loss will slow down to more like .5 a day on average. Some people find that it picks up in week 3 as well. I think the average on this diet is .5, though so it looks like you still have an average of 1 lb a day. Remember this diet is based on the book Pounds and Inches, so just do not focus on the scale but on the inches lost. Because you are losing so much so fast, your body needs to sometimes rest and keep up, so you will find some days that you will lose. less. Are you using an digital scale where you are seeing small increments such as .2, .4 etc..that helps as sometimes you may just be losing small amounts. I would say your numbers look good to me.

Sleddriver
08-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks, April. Yes, the inches are changing, and I know they can disconnect from one another from time to time. I am using a dial scale, so my accuracy is at its mercy...and good enough for me. Having dieted before, I knew I would ramp down quickly and then lose more slowly. But, having never done THIS diet before, I wasn't sure how typical my results were. I'm trying to watch my sodium intake, also, in order to keep water retention from wreaking havoc on my results.

xxaimsxx
08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
You're doing great and I bet if you had a digital scale, it would show some sort of loss showing rather than a steady full round number. Keep up the great work, add those water in. Have you been measuring yourself before you started?

I always do a before and after picture as well as a before and after measurement just so you can see all the inches you have lost in your short round. =)

Sleddriver
08-12-2012, 09:36 PM
I didn't measure, but I had just bought some new pants that were barely fitting but that I needed, and now they are loose to the point of being unwearable without looking overly baggy. I am into a next size down in pants, and shirts that were "pushing the buttons" are no longer pushing. I'm up two belt notches on both my dress belt and my casual belt.

Thanks for all the encouragement...goal is 185-190....

xxaimsxx
08-13-2012, 12:14 AM
That's awesome!!! You can definitely do it! It gets easier I think as you go another round because you know what to expect, what's realistic, how to go about doing things, etc.

april
08-13-2012, 06:26 AM
That is awesome on the drop in sizes, I know we get hung up on the numbers sometimes, but we are the only ones that know the number on the scale. I was surprised that this really skinny girl in front of me at the air and space museum in DC got the scale that measures how much you weigh on earth, mars etc and weighed the same amount as me, and I thought I looked quite plump in comparison. So what counts is how your clothes fit and how you feel.