PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself....

Mothergoose
09-15-2012, 09:01 AM
My name is Connie, I will be 53 in October, and have been happily married for 27 years. We have 9 children, no twins, all ours, and no, we aren't Catholic. :) (Just getting all the usually asked questions answered right off).

I was introduced to this diet by a friend who did one round of the 40 day protocol. She lost 28lb. So I went out and bought some drops and began this journey a week ago tomorrow. I have done two loading days and today will be my fifth VLCD day.

I would have NEVER dreamed that I could survive, let alone actually DO a 500 cal a day diet!!!!! Yet here I am. While I have had occasional food cravings and the odd rumble in my tummy, amazingly, I have not been hungry really at all. Who knew!!!

I would like to do 40 days. We will see how it goes. I have a couple of events coming up that I am not quite sure how to deal with, but we will see. I have already lost 8lb on my 5 VCLD days, and would like to lose at least another 50.

Pezami
09-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Welcome mother goose :)

I understand where you're coming from, the first time I used HCG I dropped from 190-165 and it was like-ARE YOU KIDDING ME! The hunger wasn't there-mental craving not physical would occasionally appear but after years of hard exercize and diets where you ate more than this one and still starved; it is as simple as this!

Mothergoose
09-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome.... :) and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Great job!!!

april
09-15-2012, 08:04 PM
That is awesome. Welcome to the forum and I really believe that the additional support is what helps people do so well. Post often.

Mothergoose
09-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Thank you....I feel the same way. I am on a forum to help people quit smoking and I know that without the support and the people I met thee, I would be smoking still. :)

kshambl
09-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Welcome and I am super excited for you! I am just entering P3 after doing 40 days of the diet and I have lost a total of 27 pounds so far on this journey. I too was amazed at how easy this was to do and once you get going, you will be motivated to fight through many of the temptations that will come. Congrats on your 8 lbs so far and even more congrats on quitting smoking!! I too quit smoking December 26, 2011 and I have not smoked since (after smoking for 22 years)!! Great job Mothergoose!!!

slacord
09-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Welcome Mother Goose. You have an exciting journey ahead of you. I am on day 22 of VLCD and I have lost 20 lbs so far. I am hoping for a loss tomorrow but with TOM making his monthly visit it will be touch and go. Congrats on you losses so far. This forum will give you the needed encouragement to keep with it and if a cheat happens every once in a while we are here to help you through it Cheats happen to the best of us and it is nothing to beat ourselves up over. We just get up and dust ourselves off and keep going.
Here is to an exciting trip with HCG.

Sherry

xxaimsxx
09-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Welcome Mothergoose! Look forward to seeing your daily losses!