PDA

View Full Version : Had 60lb to lose just to get to 200 - a couple of questions....

Mothergoose
09-20-2012, 07:19 AM
I am on day 9 of VCLD and doing fine. However, I have a couple of questions for anyone who has done rounds to lose large amount of weight.

1) Trying to decide best way to do this to make it most effective long-term. So is it better to do multiple rounds of 3 weeks, or to go for the 40 day length first time?

2) Anyone deal with constipation, and if so, what did you do/use to address it. I tried a salt water flush last night before bed and it didn't work so was concerned at keeping that much salt in my system. :(

3) Have you done this diet over any major holiday dinners? Our Canadian Thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away and we are hosting our family dinner with 20+ people. Don't want to stall, but do want to enjoy the day. Can I make sensible choices but not sticking strictly to protocol?

My loss so far has been 10.6 since day 1.

shannon
09-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi Moothergoose and Welcome!

I personally reccomend not doing any less than 30 days for best stabilization in between rounds and to give your body the time it needs to reshape and recoup from the massive weight loss. You need to do 3 weeks of P3 and 3 weeks of P4 after your first round and then add a week to each P3 and P4 for each round after that you do.

Constipation is very common on this diet and most of find that using smooth move tea works great to get some release. But it is totally normal to not go every day due to eating so little and so little fiber.

Any deviation from the protocol will cause gains and stalls and can also take a week to get things going again so I strongly suggest not to do it at all! Sticking to strict protocol for the alloted time is the only way to do this and then following all the phase to the T is the only way you will stabilize and keep the weight off.

congrats on your losses so far and log in daily and journal adn you will get tons of support and encouragement here from all the amazing people on here!

Mothergoose
09-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Thank you Shannon. I got some tea today so will try it tonight. And I hear what you're saying about sticking to protocol. :) Thank you for your reply. And CONGRATULATIONS on YOUR amazing weight loss!!!!

shannon
09-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Glad you got some tea and I hope it works for you! Looking forward to see ing your losses and following your journey!!

Thank you! It has been an amazing journey and one I would reccomend to anyone that wants to loose weight because it really does work adn the results are beyond what you can hope for!!

Thank you Shannon. I got some tea today so will try it tonight. And I hear what you're saying about sticking to protocol. :) Thank you for your reply. And CONGRATULATIONS on YOUR amazing weight loss!!!!