PDA

View Full Version : Feels like I ate a truck.

Mom2bjt
10-04-2012, 01:54 AM
I'm on day #3 of the HCG diet, and even though I only ate the 500 calories my stomach feels soooooo full and achy. The thing is I've been browsing the forums and the diet sheet that came with my HCG ULTRA looks a bit different than the diet oulined here. It is basically the same except that it says I can have two different veggies ( 1 cup each) with lunch and two different veggies with dinner. It says "any" vegetable other than starches. Also, I'm only allowed one piece of fruit a day as a snack. No crackers or bread of any kind. Now I'm wondering if perhaps this is making it hard for my stomach to digest. I literally feel like I ate a truck. I mean, it's after 2am as I'm posting this, but I cannot go to bed because my stomach feels so full and bloated. What do you guys think? I think I'm going to try it the way it's recommended on here tomorrow and see if my stomach feels better.

Also, is it okay to spread the food out throughout the day instead of two "meals." I tend to get hypoglycemic if I don't eat every few hours. Today, I was starving all day. Thankfully no hypoglycemia, but I think it would be easier for my stomach if I could spread the food out a bit.

Other than my stomach issues, I have felt really good on the HCG. I have loads of energy, and only had a headache on day 1, so I think if I can get this figured out I'll be fine.

Thanks in advance.

april
10-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Hey there..this forum is a great place to learn and most of us (though some of us go a little rogue) follow the protocol by Dr Simeon in Pounds and Inches if you have not done that already, read it, you can google it. Also just to be certain, if you have not already checked we have had several ladies on here start with bad drops, just to be certain in the ingredients section of your drops does it say hcg 6x12x30x60x. If so you are good..if not we will need to get you drops with real hcg to be effective.

To answer your question:
Many of us eat a fruit at 10 (an apple, orange, strawberries or a 1/2 grapefruit)
lunch at noonish which is 3.5-4 ounces of protein and one veggie
mid afternoon another fruit (one of the four choices but different than the one you had mid morning)
dinner a different protein and a different veggie.

Use a app like my fitness pal and add up the protein and your fruit, then make up the calories in veggies..do not worry about measuring them out as a cup of lettuce is nothing and a cup of tomatoes is more. Eat as much of a veggie to get you to 500 calories. You should feel good. Since you may have a problem already with blood sugars, keep some hard candy in your car for emergencies.

kristi313
10-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Can you fill us in on exactly what you ate and drank with the times you ate? We might be able to see what caused the stomach ache.

shannon
10-04-2012, 08:49 AM
April is right read pounds and inches and follow that protocol, check the ingredients of your HCG to make sure they state as APril said otherwise they are not good and you will be doing yourself harm and basically on a starvation diet without actual HCG in them.

Most of us use our fruits as snack one mid morning and one in between lunch and dinner and most of us don't eat the melba/grissini bread.

Mom2bjt
10-04-2012, 02:13 PM
April, yes my HCG drops are fine, but I'm glad I double-checked. I would hate for that to be the reason my stomach was having issues. Yes, I am basically prediabetic so I always have candy etc with me. This is one of the main reasons I need to take off this 35 lbs of baby-weight I've kept for nearly 10 years. It would really help my sugar levels.

In answer to Kristi, here is what I ate yesterday. (I'm not an early riser, so my day started at 9am)
9:00: HCG drops.
9:30: Coffee (black)
1:00: HCG Drops
1:30: (Lunch) 100g. chicken breast, 1 cup bell pepper, 1 cup broccoli
6:00: HCG drops
6:30: (dinner) 100g. chicken breast, 1 cup peas, 1 cup mushrooms
9:00: Apple

I think my diet sheet having us measure our veggies as cups is not a good idea. I will definitely start weighing them instead so I'll know what the actual calories are. Anyway, the more I read on here I just don't think my diet sheet is correct. Since mine had no restrictions on what veggies I could eat, perhaps my choices were just "too bulky" in my stomach. Perhaps the lettuce or cabbage would be easier. And yes, I've read Pounds and Inches - it was sent to me along with my diet sheet. I wondered why they didn't match up. Maybe they're trying a new protocol or something. I think for now, I'm gonna stick with the original plan.

That being said, I did lose 2 lbs yesterday. Yay!

Thanks for the help guys!

shannon
10-04-2012, 02:20 PM
If it was me I would throw away their diet plan and go with pounds and inches br Dr Simeons for sure.

I am sure your belly is hurting from loading with still and if you haven't had a BM since you loaded then it could be from that also. Most of us use smooth move tea to help with that. Also push the water big time and make sure you are eating a different protein for lunch then you are for dinner, super important and same with vegi and fruit have a differrent one for each meal.

Mom2bjt
10-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks Shannon, I 'm definitely going with Dr. Simeons plan. It just makes so much more sense. Thankfully, I feel much better today.

april
10-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I think that is the way to go also. Some newer plans state that the research shows you can do other veggies, but for me it was not a risk I was willing to take and this one just made more sense to me also. It is just easy.

klouseau
11-09-2012, 07:32 AM
I am on day 5 and I feel the same way, but I think it is my stomach shrinking, as I used to eat 3,000 calories a day!