PDA

View Full Version : Running while on HCG Diet

lexa2012
11-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Hi. I am 29 years old and I am new to this community. I have been reading some of the FAQs and have watched some of the helpful videos on HCG diet. I find this intriguing. I would like to ask if it is safe for someone on HCG diet to run as an exercise routine. Considering that the diet is restricted to only 500 calories/day, are there people out there who have tried this HCG diet and at the same time runs at least 15 minutes each day? Running is my stress outlet and it is always part of my daily routine. I'd like to know if it is safe to simultaneously be on HCG diet and be running for weight loss.

april
11-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Hey there..I run but I did not on HCG. I did play tennis though about 1.5-2 hours. I found on those days that I needed to up my protein a little and my weight loss may slow down a little or not lose the next day..it was trying to find that balance that was hard. I did walk and it felt good. I found my best losses were on the days that I did nothing but watch TV on a Sat for example. I think if you are willing to take the chance with it extending your round, you could experiment. You would need to up your protein a little on the days you are burning calories and see what happens.

mylady
11-03-2012, 08:13 PM
I have not had any luck with exercise in either round. Round 1 it seemed like everytime I worked out, even a little, I gained the next day. The doctor's office that I was going through said that this was very very common. I got so frustrated about exercising not working first round (I was a chronic cardio person).

I am almost done with my second round and this time I still did do some workouts but it has been very light cardio, some yoga and just 10 minutes of strength 2-3X a week. I did go for a 5K walk last weekend and did have a small gain on Monday. Knowing that exercise causes issues I still wanted to do some this round and did not get too upset about not losing the next day. I just could not do anything.

Knowing that it might cause an issue, I would try it and see how it goes. Might have to start walking for stress relief instead of running.

Good luck

april
11-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I think when you exercise your body will hold onto water as this diet pushed you into borderline protein deficiency. I do not now think it has to do with starving, as you just do not burn enough calories compared to what our bodies thinks it is burning, but you do not have the protein to sustain working out, so you hold onto water. If you want to exercise eat a little more protein and I found that the next morning if I stalled or gained I would drink acv and it would help release that water.

lexa2012
11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Thank you for all your inputs. I think it is not safe to be running then while on HCG diet right? 500 calories a day will not be safe for anyone combining these two weight loss programs. Or has anyone here experienced combining the two and still is able to stay healthy?

april
11-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I think I am one of the few to continue to exercise and I did not find it to be a major problem..though like I said I had to experiment with food. I did not run, but did walk, but I played 2 hours of tennis at least two times a week and did a cardio drill.
Thank you for all your inputs. I think it is not safe to be running then while on HCG diet right? 500 calories a day will not be safe for anyone combining these two weight loss programs. Or has anyone here experienced combining the two and still is able to stay healthy?

lexa2012
11-07-2012, 06:27 PM
I think I am one of the few to continue to exercise and I did not find it to be a major problem..though like I said I had to experiment with food. I did not run, but did walk, but I played 2 hours of tennis at least two times a week and did a cardio drill.

Hi. May I ask what foods you take in for your diet on the days you play tennis and do cardio drill? I'm trying to see if I should go for hcg diet alone or just do running to lose weight without the hcg diet or if it is safe to do both. Thanks.

april
11-07-2012, 07:08 PM
You know on hcg I just added in Protein..about 5 ounces at both meals. Now on P4, it is much harder for me to figure out how much I need and I come out shy sometimes and hold onto water. So I am not sure which way you want to go.
Hi. May I ask what foods you take in for your diet on the days you play tennis and do cardio drill? I'm trying to see if I should go for hcg diet alone or just do running to lose weight without the hcg diet or if it is safe to do both. Thanks.

lexa2012
11-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Thank you April for the insight you have shared to me.

Is running two milesa day enough to lose weight while also on HCG diet?

I thought 2miles/day five days a week would be enough, but I was looking around on Amazona few hours ago and I found this eBook on free promo! How To Lose Weight WithRunning: 11 Tips To Run For Weight Loss. Anyway, this book says in order tolose weight with running I need to run a total of four hours a week or twentymiles per week. This is basically 6 or 7 miles per hour for 30-40 minutes perday. The way it's explained sounds pretty scientific. What's worked for you?Have you guys seen this free eBook?

lexa2012
11-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Oh I forgot to include the link. I downloaded a free copy of the ebook How To Lose Weight With Running: 11 Tips To Run For Weight Loss: Sam Smith, David Anderson: Amazon.com: Kindle Store (http://amzn.to/NKVJMT) into my Kindle Library. You guys might be interested with this ebook as well.

april
11-12-2012, 08:52 AM
I have not read that book and I am confused are you running on hcg, or trying to decide if you should run or do hcg. I did hcg and I liked the results of what I did. It has done a lot to change things for me over the last year. That being said I like to run a few days a week, but I found running daily was too much for me. I was up to 5 miles a day 5 days a week in the winter and did not find that I lost weight, but I had not read the book and I think I was burning too many calories for how much I was eating. If you want to drop 20 pounds by the holidays I would do hcg..then I would stabilize and then I would slowly add in exercise back and start learning about your own body and what it takes to stabilize.

lexa2012
11-12-2012, 09:47 PM
I am trying to decide whether I can combine both hcg diet and running safely and if it will not affect my health. I'm looking for real life experiences such as yours to figure out what will be the best thing to and the fastest way to manage my weight effectively. I think you are right about stabilizing first and then going into an exercise routine that I can tolerate. The ebook I downloaded for free at How To Lose Weight With Running: 11 Tips To Run For Weight Loss: Sam Smith, David Anderson: Amazon.com: Kindle Store (http://amzn.to/NKVJMT) has very informative things to say and it helps to know about real life experiences. Thanks April.

april
11-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Got it...so this is just my two cents, if you want to combine the two you can, but I would up the protein. If you have been a runner it will not be as hard on you, but if you have not been a runner do not start on HCG. My personal advice would be to walk instead of run on HCG and if you find it is effecting your losses then eat little more protein and see if that helps. I would do the same through P3 and then in P4 I would look at picking it up. I would also from personal experience try to give yourself a bigger window because the scale will come up when you start to exercise again.
I am trying to decide whether I can combine both hcg diet and running safely and if it will not affect my health. I'm looking for real life experiences such as yours to figure out what will be the best thing to and the fastest way to manage my weight effectively. I think you are right about stabilizing first and then going into an exercise routine that I can tolerate. The ebook I downloaded for free at How To Lose Weight With Running: 11 Tips To Run For Weight Loss: Sam Smith, David Anderson: Amazon.com: Kindle Store (http://amzn.to/NKVJMT) has very informative things to say and it helps to know about real life experiences. Thanks April.