PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Question

Sleddriver
11-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi folks. Love this diet: 56 lbs down since late July (started 280, now 244, target 185 by Valentine's Day 2013), so averaging about 3.4 lbs/week. Round two of phase 2 ends for me this coming Sunday. Then, I have my three no-hCG VLC days, then it's Thanksgiving (day 1 of the 3-week no-starch stretch). We are hosting extended families at our house...lucky us!

So, here's the $64,000 question: Rather than eat like I would on "no-starch", how much harm will I cause myself if I eat the offered selections, but very moderate portions...which is quite easy for me now. I don't want to go down the tubes, but it would be unfortunate to sit around and eat ONLY turkey all day (even if some of it is hickory-smoked at home!).

Tom

shannon
11-13-2012, 06:33 PM
From my expierence starting P3 with non protocol foods is a disaster! Trust me I did that to myself on this last round on day 3 of P3 I ate off protocol foods that included starch and sugar and I paid for it dearly not only with a gain but have not been able to get my weight back down and under control since than. It is so not worth screwing up your losses and stabilization! But ultimately the choice is up to you on what you want to do.

april
11-14-2012, 07:55 AM
I really think P3 is critical and if you do not want to undo all of your hard work I would not eat any starch of sugar. It is not like in your future you can not have potatoes and stuffing etc..I would stick to what you know is clean. You can have lots of turkey and veggies and salad, that were pretty much P2 friendly as you want to add in slowly. I would strongly advise against it, but if you do remember you will be the only one that will have to deal with the consequences.

kristi313
11-14-2012, 08:53 AM
I agree with the other girls. Its really not worth the trouble it may cause. All of those foods will be available to you at any time AFTER you are stable. Don't let one day ruin all you have worked for. I did this after my 2nd round(went on vaca right as I started p3) and never really recovered as far as getting my weight under control. I've done 2 rounds since then. In this p3, I was so stable and then blew it for a few days. After 2 weeks I'm still working on getting it back down. So, the choice is completely yours. Its all about how/if you can accept the gain.

Sleddriver
11-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks, everyone! You've convinced me, and you're right: The last thing I want to do is go backward or stall out. I love meats and veggies of all kinds, so I'll manage and be the better for it.

hcgezdrops
11-15-2012, 08:52 PM
That's the spirit @Sleddriver! Just keep yourself busy with chit chats, listening to stories and all. Come prepared of course. Prepare your own food before hand and before they all visitors come, you stuff yourself with own prepped meal so you wont be hungry even if they are all eating together. Just be creative and make your own prepped P2 meals looking sumptuous that they too would want to taste the food you are having.