PDA

View Full Version : Gallbladder/wheat belly

Ralph
11-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Rd 1 ph 2 ,82 days ,sub,72 pds loss ,ph 3 21 days went good except for some bad stomach attacks,ph 4 going okay still didn't have the energy l thought l should have then on day 15 severe abdominal attack emergency gallbladder surgery no stones but it was toast the surgeon and blood work suggested . Of coarse some of family and friends suggest this radical diet l was on caused it or pushed it over the limit which makes me second guess myself.the fact of the matter if l would of continued down my previouse path. I was in line for a heart attack!non the less any input would be appreciated.l seem to be heeling ok except for the occasional chest shoulder pain from the gas they pump into you.the second part of question has any body read the book wheat belly and if so does that seem like a good Way to eat?l feel I was addicted to wheat or breads before hcg!

shannon
11-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Ralph congrats on your amazing losses! So sorry to hear you had a gallbladder attack and had to haveit removed. I have seen people have gallbladder issues after doing HCG but most of them refused the surgery and healed it on their own with natural remedies and the correct foods. But hard to do if you are not sure what you need to be doing to heal it quickly.

I have not read that book yet but have heard tons of good stuff about it and eating a paleo/primal lifestyle is pretty much the same way except just no grains in your diet. I don't eat any wheat other than eziekel bread maybe 2 times a week and beer once in a while, other than that I stay as far away from wheat/gluten/starch as I can cause it really seems to upset my stomach and blow me up huge. I really need to find time to read that book though, need to download it on my nook.

Ralph
11-26-2012, 04:15 PM
The book really opens your eyes and really drives home some of the hcg ideals.it also explains a lot of problems with my past diet.unfortunately it took removing an organ to reach my goal ,l'm no longer in the 200 club ,198 lol :-) I guess there's always a silver lining

april
11-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Congrats on the weight loss and boo hoo on the surgery. I have not read the book, but will look into it. I would say that without a gallbladder you do need to be careful with processing fats, otherwise I would say stay away from wheat. I do and it has helped so much.

shannon
11-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Well WOOHOO and welcome to ONEDERLAND Ralph!!!

I for sure am going to download that on my nook and read it soon.

slacord
11-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Ralph, congratulations on the weight loss. I am sorry to hear about your surgery. I had to have my gallbladder out over 19 years ago. I had stones but it sounds like yours just quit working, which is just as bad. Be careful of fats. I also had trouble with diarrhea after my gallbladder surgery and it could be because no one told me to watch out for fats.

Ralph
11-26-2012, 08:17 PM
I will continue to follow a reduced low fat ph 4 diet must stay under 200 can't afford to loose more organs.:-) thanks for the tips and positive thoughts.

april
11-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Yeah..with no gallbladder, you are going to have to go lower in fat. I would just really try to keep your calories up in other ways as your body will need them.

DaveSherwin
11-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Wow! Sorry to hear about your stomach problems! Have not read the book "wheat belly" but I know from my own experience and many others that I feel much better when I cut down on wheat and other grains. A couple things you could try are simply eating according to "Michi's ladder" (google it, you can print it and put it on your fridge) or with a basic diet plan that has worked very well for me which is the recommendation of Bill Philips in his book Body for Life. Can probably find a used copy on Amazon pretty cheap. Just my 2 cents worth!

xxaimsxx
11-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Body for Life is a good book.

xxaimsxx
11-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Also Body By Design and Precision Nutrition (this is a bit more expensive because precision nutrition is also a program they offer for a year but you can just buy the binder and read on your own).