PDA

View Full Version : I'm going the distance...Or falling flat on my face! LOL

HopefulinJax
01-23-2013, 10:34 AM
So, last Thursday 01/17/2013 I met with a local weight loss physican...and we discussed several weight loss options for me. Currently, I am ashamed to say I am 232.7lbs...at 5'6" (size 18/20) - this is simply not acceptable to me. I have struggled with my weight for years. And now...I'm just DONE! My ego has taken a brutal beating as my body fell into disrepair. My wonderfully supportive spouse, still tells me I'm the most beautiful woman in the world...and I want to believe him, but its so hard when I look in the mirror and see...me.

My doctor and I decided to go on the HCG diet and I am to admit, I'm terrified. I don't know if I'm scared of failing...or being hungry...I just want this to work. I have a goal in mind to lose a total of 80lbs (about 140-150lbs) and/or be back in a size 8/10. It is my intent to use this blog to keep motivitating myself forward.

Tomorrow I am going for the needed bloodwork, to make sure that HCG is a credible option for me and I do not possess other aliments that may make the treatment unhealthy/unwise. Today I purchased a small George Foremen grill, a digital food scale and a digital body scale.

In order to keep myself honest, I will be posting weigh-ins and links to my photobucket site for weekly progress pictures...and hoping I don't make a fool of myself.

Any tips/words of wisdom...please send them, I'll use 'em.

***UPDATE***
So...I'm on R1P2D3...Yes, I'm hungry.
I have terrible headaches from time to time as well as slight dizziness that passes quickly.

So I weighed in at 232.7 on Sunday (first day after loading) and today I'm at 229.5 - I can do this!

- Hope

-Hopeful

shannon
01-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Are you doing injections or drops and what dose does your Dr have you on?

alexa
01-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the forum. I love this place, we all support each other. The first week is the worst , but after that you should be fine. You can do this. Posting everyday help me a lot.
Really nice drop :)

HopefulinJax
01-23-2013, 10:53 AM
I am doing injections...and you know...I have no idea what dose the doctor has me on. I will ask him when I got for my weigh in tomorrow!

I am VERY excited about my drop! I expected it to be about 4lbs so I was VERY happy when it was higher :)

shannon
01-23-2013, 11:03 AM
From the sounds of it he most likely has you at too high of a dose and that is why you are hungry and feeling the way you are! Your dose should be no higher than 150 iu anything higher than that and you will be starving and feeling like crap! Most Dr's think the higher the dose the better and they are dead wrong. Once you find out your dose if it is anhything higher than 150iu I strongly suggest you skip a day and then lower your dose to 150 iu and then continue on with the 150 iu for the rest of your round.

Does your Dr have you following Dr Simeons protocol Pounds and Inches? If not and you haven't read it I strongly suggest you google it and read it and foolow it rather than some other protocol especially if oyu want great result and permanant ones. you can get a copy for free of Dr Simoens protocol off the internet.

HopefulinJax
01-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Yes, my doctor has me following the Dr. Simoens protocol. And I have it downloaded to my smart phone for easier access.
I don't think I'm really starving...I think its my eyes telling my mind...YOU NEED MORE FOOD! Today isn't nearly as bad as yesterday :)

I do have a bit of a headache today though.

shannon
01-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Headaches in the first week are normal and it's your body detoxing but hunger and too high of a dose is something that really needs to be addressed. Please make sure and ask your Dr what dose they have you on. I really hate to see people struggle with dose issues it is the worst!

HopefulinJax
01-23-2013, 12:51 PM
When I go in tomorrow for my weekly check-in I will get the information and let ya know :)