PDA

View Full Version : New to group and new to HCG

Bonnie
01-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Hi! I am Bonnie, born in Oshkosh Wisconsin October 1946. I moved to Sweden to marry my penpal of 18 years after meeting him for 2 vacations. I have been in Sweden for almost 25 years.
A back injury has caused many health problems and Prednisone and other meds a huge weight gain. I have decided to invest in Omni and am taking my trip money to see my son, whom I haven't seen in 18 years. I just can't sit in the plane and I hope to lose enough weight and then resave the money and visit him in 3 years.
I have the worst stomach ache from vinager- I have always liked sweet dressings as opposed to Italian and such. IN Sweden we have so few diet foods, no dressings that an American could stomach, at least not me, Stevia has just appeared on our shelves a couple of months ago at a huge price and only small bags of the spoon type and the sweetener teeny tabs for coffee. No flavors of anything. I am going to try making up my own tomato paste dressing with goodness only knows what but if someone can help me it would be great. I might be able to find Frenches mustard but up till now I can only find french djion mustard which is only slightly less strong than Djion mustard. I am not fond of fish but I mix chunks into fresh spinach salads with part of the protein being shrimp. It works out ok. Always loved chicken but I must start to find other recipes for that and will use some on the omni site on facebook. But again I really don't want strong enough to kill mustard spread on it. I am on Round 1 Phase 2 Day 13 and have lost 16 pounds. I hope to find lots of info here and make some friends who also suffer from overweight. I have 100 pounds more to lose. God help me and all of you!! Lets be a great group of losers.

shannon
01-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Bonnie are you doing HCG or OMNI? I believe they are 2 different things.

I always used fresh lemon for salad dressing or I would mix apple cider vnegar, stevia, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and italian seasoning and keep it mixed up in the fridge in a jar to have for salad dressing. Play around with your herbs and seasoning to make a dressing that taste good to you. I also like to just dice up fresh cilantro and put it in my salad and it gives it amazing flavor and no need =really for dressing.

Bonnie
01-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Bonnie are you doing HCG or OMNI? I believe they are 2 different things.

I always used fresh lemon for salad dressing or I would mix apple cider vnegar, stevia, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and italian seasoning and keep it mixed up in the fridge in a jar to have for salad dressing. Play around with your herbs and seasoning to make a dressing that taste good to you. I also like to just dice up fresh cilantro and put it in my salad and it gives it amazing flavor and no need =really for dressing.

Hi, I had understood that the 2 diets were the same. Omni Drops are pharmaceutical grade HCG. From what I have seen there is the same calories the same phases and the recipes look like the have the same ingredients as I am allowed with the exception of a couple.
We can't have any root veggies or squash like butternut etc. I did see a recipe for pumpkin pie using butternut squash.
I make dressings pretty much like you said but the vinegar is really upsetting my stomach. I am going to fool around with tomato paste and seasonings and see what I can make that has very very little vinegar if any. Will post it if it turns out good.
Thank you for answering. Bonnie

shannon
01-30-2013, 05:57 PM
That is interesting about Omni being the same thing. Do the ingredients say HCG 6x, 12x, 30x, 60x? So you have more foods that are allowed and follow a different protocol then Dr Simeons? Do you also have other supplements that are required to take or just the HCG?

slacord
01-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Hello Bonnie and welcome. I checked online about your omni drops. The only thing I can find is they do claim to have HCG in the ingredients. Keeping my fingers crossed that they are the real deal. Have you read Dr. Simeons protocol. There are a lot of other protocols out there but some people who tries those seem to have slower weight loss to no loss or even gains.
I am so happy that you have lost 16 pounds already. With the dressing I have no idea since I decided not to even do dressing. I usually avoid lettuce because of that. I stick with cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes. I hope you find something that you like with your dressing. Good luck on your journey.
If you have any questions we will try our best to answer. If you need to vent because things do not seem to be going the way you expect feel free to come on here and again we will try to help. We never put anyone down and we have actually become quite close. We all try to post everyday.
Hope to hear from you and keep us posted on how you are doing.

alexa
01-31-2013, 09:00 AM
welcome to the forum. I use ACV as dressing. Let me know how you tomato paste work. Sounds very interesting .
Nice drop

shannon
01-31-2013, 09:38 AM
It sounds pretty much like the HCG diet but I am concerned with all the different meds you are having to take as none of those should need to be taken if you have good quality HCG but to each their own.

Congrats on your losses so far and keep it up!

Bonnie
01-31-2013, 10:13 AM
All of the meds are homeopathic and natural ingredients. The Omni IV is so much like the real orange juice and has so many vitamins that many use it for their whole family reducing the amount for kids. I read that many parents say that their little ones don't get sick as often or as hard as the other kids do in school. The nite light is the best thing ever. With sleep apnea and other problems I always felt my back pain even when sleeping but now I don't feel it for 7 or 8 hours. It helps your body tone as you lose weight and you lose a teeny bit every night from it. I sat and read all the ingredients on each bottle and they are packed with vitamins and minerals and even though I am certainly not better physically as far as being able to work around the house or walk I feel way way better. I do think my all over all the time body pain is slightly less. The drops are the real thing and with 7 drops under my tongue 15 min before each meal I never am really hungry. If I feel a little need for a munch I eat one of the 2 wasa breads allowed each day but most days I am to full to eat one.
I played with tomato paste and herbs and a little broth and it was still to thick but made a terrific ketchup type mix. I have a few things I want to look for and some things a friend just sent from America and will play more when they arrive. I was in to much back pain to walk today so couldn't go to the store shopping. We won't go to the city that has the large grocery for 2 weeks now so I have little hope of finding things in our little town. Gas is $10 a gallon so we have to be careful. If you have a FB account do look at the site. I put it in a message above. oops I see that has not been posted. It was being moderated and I suppose the urls were wrong to put in. FB has Omni Rocks 4 U 2 and has a huge number of members. Hugs and I will post often.

slacord
01-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Bonnie, I am glad your pain is getting better. I still have pain but I do believe it is not as bad as when I am on HCG. Good luck.

DietgirlNYC
03-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi guys, I am new and on day 2 of phase 1. Going to the grocery store now to buy everything for the week. I can't wait to get started. I have 50 lbs to lose! How logn will it take?
I'm a 31 yrd old female.
- Dee

april
03-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Hey..start your own journal to begin with, it is way easier that way. Everyone is so different, but most average .5 lbs a day..over time.
Hi guys, I am new and on day 2 of phase 1. Going to the grocery store now to buy everything for the week. I can't wait to get started. I have 50 lbs to lose! How logn will it take?
I'm a 31 yrd old female.
- Dee

Bonnie
03-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi! I began my first round loading on Jan 15 and the 16th. I was 250 pounds on R1P2D1. By day 38 I went into maintence. I was bouncing up 2 pounds and down 2 pounds for almost a week before it hit me I should have stopped. On day 3 of the no drops but 500 cal a day I weighed 222 pounds I had lost 28 pounds. Now on maintence I am doing well on Day 5.
I have a back injury that keeps me from doing anything active and have had it for 25 years. I also have Chronic Pain Syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and sleep apnea. All of the things cause pain. The back injury won't get better, no one believed that I knew I had a pinched nerve and by the time someone did believe me it was to late to repair it. That back pain is what keeps me from being active. That will never get better. But the other ones all caused different kinds of pain in my body. An all over body ache like when you have the flu. That was with me 24 hours a day. Sharp stabbing lightening fast shots of pain in muscles, or joints. Well with the drops I take Omni IV vitamins and Nite Lite. The Omni IV has taken away all of the all over body pain. Also the neuropathy in my fingers and feet from diabetes. Because of the decrease in pain and the Nite Lite I can now sleep 8 hours a night instead of 4. So I am not as exhausted most days. I have found if I wake up after 6 hours of sleep and weigh myself I have gone up in weight. I go back to bed and lay still until I fall asleep again and when I have slept another 2 or 3 hours I weigh myself and I have lost. I know I will keep using the drops until I am at my goal and the Omni IV I will have to take daily and the full dose ( I tried to cut it ½ but the pain came back) I am going to try going without the nitelite during this maintence and see what happens. But will take it when on drops for sure. What a relief to know that I can lose even though I am not active and to know that it will never come back. I will weigh daily and go on a steak day if I ever go over 2 pounds. I will never have to search for fat clothes and never feel awful having my picture taken again.

april
03-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the update..so are you on P3 now? I just posted on someone else's page but I have read that weight loss and maintenance is 90 percent food choices and 10 percent exercise, so you should be able to do this with eating the right things. Happy that you are feeling good about your losses and that your pain is getting more manageable.

Bonnie
03-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Yes phase 3. R1P3D5 - today I am not hungry. I felt stuffed and had ½ of a phase 2 meal. Wow I am having steak and onions, mushrooms and a salad so will up the protein in that. I don't think I can force down more food before dinner. Yesterday I was hungry all day. We are going yerba mate tea hunting tomorrow. I did find a place I can order it in Sweden about $9 a pound loose tea. Going to the Health food store, they are most likely to have it.

shannon
03-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Bonnie it sounds like oyu are doing really great and I am so glad to hear that your pain has gotten better with all of this. I also noticed that my fibromyalgia is way less painfeul when I am on HCG and I just feel so much better physically when on it. I have to wonder though if it's more about the fact we are eating such a clean strict diet and no foods that cause inflamation is why though. Either way it is a plus for sure! Congrats on your losses!!

Bonnie
03-05-2013, 04:30 PM
I am sure that the good food is a big factor but to save money on the Omni IV vitamins I started to take 1 tablespoon a day instead of 2 and within a few days my body was throbbing all the time. I went back to the 2 tbls a day and in fact took 4 T a day for the next 3 days and the pain was gone. Whatever it sure feels good. Nothing tastes better than weight loss.

shannon
03-05-2013, 04:57 PM
What exactly is in the in the ingridients of the Omni IV?

Bonnie
03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Omni 4®, Omnitrition's original product, is a delicious liquid dietary supplement that can be added to water or your favorite fruit juice. Omni 4® begins with a luscious blend of orange, papaya, white grape and aloe juice concentrates and is nutritionally complete with vitamins, minerals and herbs. Omni 4® also contains Coenzyme Q10, a natural enzyme found in the body which aids in the maintenance of a healthy immune system.
Omni 4 w/Glucosamine is a liquid vitamin that leaves you feeling refreshed. Infused with a luscious blend of orange, papaya, white grape and aloe juice concentrates and is nutritionally complete with vitamins, minerals and herbs. This product can be added to juice or water to keep you feeling good all day. With the Coenzyme Q10, this liquid supplement aids in your immune support to keep you healthy and feeling good!
Omni 4 Liquid Vitamins are Omnitrition’s #1 selling product.
This is the first product that Omnitrition started with in 1989. A report by JAMA in June 2001, stated that the federal government is now recommending that ALL Americans, young and old take a multi vitamin every day. Why? Because our soils are completely depleted of any natural nutrients and our bodies do NOT get what they need each day from our diets. According to the Physician’s Desk Reference, liquid vitamins are 96- 98% absorbable, versus only 10-20% of vitamins in pill/tablet form.

Omni 4 is micellized, which means that the fat soluble vitamins are broken down into the smallest particles possible for faster absorption. Because of this process, your body will absorb what it needs and flush out what it doesn’t. No vitamins are stored in your organs, unlike with fat soluble vitamins. Orange-papaya flavored drink - good foundation for all ages, 0-100 and older!

Puts balance in your body – helps to get rid of toxins that build up in your system. Excellent compliment to a weight loss program – your body will lose weight much easier if it is in balance.
Most diseases and illnesses can be attributed to lack of proper nutrition. Taking the Omni 4 every day will ensure you are giving your body what it needs.
It is also very beneficial for people who suffer with asthma & allergies.
Glucosamine helps with muscle, tissues, tendons and joints. Helps to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles. Promotes new tissue growth and delays the progression of osteoarthritis.
Co-Enzyme Q10 – “The Spark of Life” – an anti-aging nutrient, helps with Renal failure, congestive heart failure, hypertension, neurological and neuro-degenerative diseases, diabetes and cancer. Studies have shown Breast Cancer to be linked to a decrease in plasma Co-Q10 levels.

***EVERYONE should be on Omni 4!

Cases
Ken & Heidi Whitehair’s son, Kyle was diagnosed with severe asthma at a year old
And put on Prednizone and breathing treatments. With the help of the Omni 4, Kyle has
Been medication/symptom free of his asthma for over 6 years (Sept 2005). Ken has been medication/symptom free of his allergies since starting on the Omni 4 in October of

Carrie Heston’s 18 month old daughter no longer suffers from Eczema – she was able
to throw out the topical ointment the doctor had prescribed (which had some very nasty
side effects) and in 1 weeks time on the Omni 4, her skin has been clear and has not had
Any flare ups!

Andy Seppi no longer suffers from his chronic shoulder pain due to the Glucosamine
In the Omni 4. He and his wife Katie, accidentally ran out of the Omni 4 for a few days
And they “felt” it! All of their cold, allergy symptoms and aches and pains came right
Back! They will never run out again!

Anne Marie Seablom had suffered with pain in her lower back from a water skiing
accident when she was a teenager. Within just a few days on the Omni 4 with
Glucosamine, that pain was gone!

Shari Scott’s Dad had suffered with Eczema for years. Within a couple of weeks on
The Omni 4, his skin has cleared up tremendously. With the help of the Glucosamine, his
shoulder has finally been able to heal from the rotator cuff surgery he had a couple of
Years ago!

Jessica Dean had suffered with severe daily migraines for almost 6 years. Within just
2 days of starting the Omni 4, her migraines were gone! They have only come back once,
And that was the 2 days she was without her vitamins. She had run out and was waiting
For her order to come.

shannon
03-05-2013, 05:21 PM
The juice concentrtes are not allowed on phase 2 so I would be concerned with taking this when on phase 2. I would just get the Glucosamine and the CO Q10 and take them while on phase 2 and I bet you will feel the same relief.

Bonnie
03-07-2013, 06:08 AM
I know we can't have juice but this OmniIV is on Dr. Simeons protocol and in the facebook group Omni Rocks 4 U 2 just about everyone uses it and many have lost over 100 pounds. I like all the vitamins and feel so much better taking it I will be taking it for the rest of my life.
I know that every group of HCG users has different things allowed and different recipes etc. So I guess I must admit I didn't know this when I first started and really shouldn't mess people up here but what the group I belong to does.

shannon
03-07-2013, 09:33 AM
OmniIV is NOT on Dr Simeons protocol OmniIV wasn't even around when he did his research but it is up to you to do what you want :)