PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 & not loosing!!!

jackieshoyt
03-12-2013, 12:54 PM
I am new to the HCG Injection diet, I love it, but I have just completed week #2 & I have lost 0 lbs, I lost 9lbs the first week. What is happening? Trying not to get discouraged.

shannon
03-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Can you tell me exactly what you are eating and drinking? Are you following Dr Simeons protocol or some one elses? Also where did you get your HCG injections from?

So you are 14 days into VLCD and have lost 9 lbs and lost all of those 9lbs in the first 7 days and nothing since?

Shawn
03-12-2013, 01:31 PM
I started week 2 today having lost 9 lbs. last week also. I was wondering if the weight loss would slow down or continue as first week. Now I'm a little anxious. Good luck to you!:rolleyes:

jackieshoyt
03-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Thank you Shannon, I am eating an apple mid morning, lunch-3.5oz chick breast or turkey usually on romaine lettuce and another apple or strawberries mid afternoon, oh & 2 melba toast, & usually kinda the same for dinner.

I have had nothing but water & unsweet tea, but I am probably only consuming about 20-30 oz a day. I am following the Dr. Simeons protocol through a Medical Weight Loss Dr's office in Illinois. since my 8th day I have been up a couple ounces & then back down, but overall weekly average for these 7 days is 0 lbs. UGH. I am doing daily HCG injections & Lipo (B12) injections 3 days a week.

I have only cheated with one night 2 small glasses of wine and maybe 4 cookies w/in those days.

Anyhelp is appreciated!!!

------------------

Can you tell me exactly what you are eating and drinking? Are you following Dr Simeons protocol or some one elses? Also where did you get your HCG injections from?

So you are 14 days into VLCD and have lost 9 lbs and lost all of those 9lbs in the first 7 days and nothing since?

jackieshoyt
03-12-2013, 01:39 PM
I have also eaten 1cup green beans or 1 cup asparagus in place of the romaine lettuce.

shannon
03-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Well if you have cheated that will explain why you aren't loosing. This diet doesn't leave any room for cheating what so ever and you will gain or stall out if you cheat. Turkey and green beans are not on Dr Simeons protocol so I would cut those out as well. Are you counting your calories and weighing and measuring everything? Most of use myfitnesspal.com to log and track all our calories. Also don't eat the same fruit 2 times in a day especially apples, they are really high in sugar and having 2 in one day can cause gains and stalls. Not drinking enough water will also cause issues with small losses along with not enough sleep or being too active.

I strongly urge you to read Dr Simeons original protocol and follow it strictly and you will have great results but cheating with wine and cookies is not going to give you the results you are looking for....sorry :(

Here is a lonk to his original protocol DR SIMEONS POUNDS AND INCHES MANUSCRIPT (http://hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Simeons-Pounds-and-Inches.htm)

Week 1 your will be big and usually week 2 things slow down to about an average of .5 or laess a day. But you also need to remember that the inches are coming off as well.

jackieshoyt
03-12-2013, 02:01 PM
I have also eaten 1cup green beans or 1 cup asparagus in place of the romaine lettuce.

shannon
03-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Jackie green beans are not on the approved llist of foods and you should be eating way more than 1 cup of romaine. If you are only eating 1 cup of romaine or asparagus then there is no way you are even coming close to your 500 calories and your body is holdingonto everythin you are eating because it thinks its starving.

jackieshoyt
03-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Thank you Shannon, I appreciate your responding so quickly, I will work VERY hard on no cheating at all!!!! I know Turkey & Green Beans were not on the original protocol but the location where I am getting my HCG & Lipo added these to the list, so thank you for letting me know this. Yes, I keep telling myself that the inches are coming off because I can tell that and I feel sooooooooooooo much better w/out all the preservatives I can't believe it. Here is to a better week thanks to your help!!!!!

jackieshoyt
03-12-2013, 02:09 PM
That is 1 cup of asparagus, green beans or romaine 2x a day (1 w/each meal) sorry I should have clarified that.

shannon
03-12-2013, 02:16 PM
You can have more than 1 cup of vegi per meal, there is no limit to the amount of vegi. Even if you are eating 2 cups of vegi a day there is still no way you are getting close to 500 calories a day. 1 cup of asparagus is only 40 calories, 1 cup of romaine lettuce is only 8 calories.....do see you where I am going with this? There is no way you are getting close to your 500 calories! Myfitnesspal.com is a free site you can join and log all your foods and count your calories so you know you are getting in your 500 calories. It is so crucial that you make sure you get as close to 500 as possible I just can't stress it enough!

jackieshoyt
03-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Thank you Shannon I did not know that. I just looked in the book they gave us and at the top it say's "Dr. Simeons' Original HCG Diet Menu" (started on the 4th day) 3.05 oz of approved meat, 1 cup of vegetable only (and it is underlined), 1 Melba Toast & one fruit, this is to be eaten at lunch & dinner.

Thank you again, I will get on the MyFitnessPal.com and start doing a daily log that would be very helpful!!!

shannon
03-12-2013, 02:37 PM
I would read Dr Simoens protocol I posted for you above and really go by it and you will have way better results I promise! Using myfitnesspal.com is super helpful and especially if you gain or stall and are eating strict protocol you can go back and see what you have been eating and see what possibly can be causing you issues.

The best way to calculate you calories and make sure you are getting enough is to weigh/measure and count your calories for your raw uncooked meat, then add in the calories for both your fruits and both melbas and then fill in the rest of your calories with your 2 vegi's for the day.

There are alot of clinics who have taken Dr Simeons protocol and added things as they see fit and they don't realize that the foods Dr Simeons has on his protocol are foods he tested for many years and since this is a hormone diet based on his studies the foods on his list are worked best with our hormones for the best losses.