PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here.....going vacation in 30 days....OK to start now???

kiradag
03-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi all....Thanks for all the information and advice.

I am leaving on an 11 day vacation on 04/19 and want to know if I have enough time for a round before then. My drops will be here on 03/20, so i could start on 03/21. I stocked up on what i need to load for 2 days and also have some things ready for phase two, recipe wise. I really do not want to wait to start when I get back because I know I will need at least 4 rounds to get the weight off.

Thoughts?

shannon
03-18-2013, 04:47 PM
If you only did 23 days that would only give you about 1 week of P3 under your belt before your vacation and honestly it is so hard to stay strict protocol on P3 when you travel especially if you will be eating out. P3 is so much more crucial than any phase of the diet because this is the stabilization phase and you cannot have any sugar or starch what so ever while in P3, you also need to be able to weigh every single day and if you go 2 lbs or more above your LDW then you need to do a steak daythe day you are over the 2 lb window. If you decided to attempt it and travel while on P3 just know that if you do cheat with sugar or starch your weight will come back on and trust me I am speaking from first hand expierence.

How long will you be gone on vacation? You may possibly be able to do a Planned Interruption and then come right back after vacation and get right back on and do another full 23 days.

kiradag
03-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Shannon....Thanks for the information. I am leaving on 4/19 and back on 4/28........what is a planned interruption?? You mean I go 23 days, then try not to overdo on vaca, then come back and start another 23 days of phase 2? I am confused on the plan i guess....I thought you always did 23 days on phase 2 then went to phase 3.....From all the posts I have been reading everyone seems to do multiple rounds.

Rachel
03-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Shannon....Thanks for the information. I am leaving on 4/19 and back on 4/28........what is a planned interruption?? You mean I go 23 days, then try not to overdo on vaca, then come back and start another 23 days of phase 2? I am confused on the plan i guess....I thought you always did 23 days on phase 2 then went to phase 3.....From all the posts I have been reading everyone seems to do multiple rounds.

Hello and welcome! What Shannon is talking about it called a "planned interuption". She is saying that you do 23 days of vlcd, then 2 days without drops eating p2 foods and 500 calories, and then day 3 onto p3 foods for the time ( upto 2 weeks without having to reload) after you come back from vacation you continue with your drops and go right back into Phase 2 without having to reload for another 23 days, but you have to be committed to another 23 days. So basically you are just interuppting your phase 2 for a short period of time and then your right back at it. You would also want to avoid sugar and starch as if in P3 because you will see a gain and sometimes its large.
I hope this makes a little more sense, and yes most of us do multiple rounds. good luck!

kiradag
03-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Rachel, Thanks much.
I did just go back and read Pounds and Inches, the part about "unforeseen interruptions of treatment"...I guess I had glossed over that the first time. So I can start on 03/21 with phase one, load for two days, then start phase two on 03/23-through 04/15, a total of 24 days, then stay on the 500 cal diet until I depart 3 days later on the 19th. I would need to try and stay within 800 calories, no starches or sugars. while on vacation. Do you think if I went higher, to 1200 calories a day, but was very strict with no sugar/carbs, that I would be okay, not gain it all back?? I really do NOT want to wait til May to start this but also do not want to suffer for 3 weeks just to gain it all back in one! lol

Rachel
03-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Rachel, Thanks much.
I did just go back and read Pounds and Inches, the part about "unforeseen interruptions of treatment"...I guess I had glossed over that the first time. So I can start on 03/21 with phase one, load for two days, then start phase two on 03/23-through 04/15, a total of 24 days, then stay on the 500 cal diet until I depart 3 days later on the 19th. I would need to try and stay within 800 calories, no starches or sugars. while on vacation. Do you think if I went higher, to 1200 calories a day, but was very strict with no sugar/carbs, that I would be okay, not gain it all back?? I really do NOT want to wait til May to start this but also do not want to suffer for 3 weeks just to gain it all back in one! lol

I would say you should eat alot more than that and make sure you incoporate lots of lean protien and some good fat, essentially eat P3 approved foods with no starches or sugar. You really will need more than 800/1200 cals per day as you are just interuppting your phase 2 and not really moving into p3. The good fat/lots of protien your body is really going to need so don't be afraid to eat those items. I would suggest looking at the approved p3 foods list and take it from there and you will do fine. Just try and weigh often if possible, and if not then just do the best you can. If you are using drops and not injections you only need to be phase 2 eating while not taking drops for 2 days then move into p3. The 3 days if for people on injections.

april
03-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Welcome..and I do say this is cutting it close. Here are my thoughts. I would consider a planned interruption, as you do not have a whole lot of time to introduce things in slowly and if you are doing four rounds, you may as well come back and finish it off. It will also make you not feel so bad if you gain some back on vacation. I think everyone is different. I went on vacation for 4 days to NYC and did not gain and ate totally P3 and did not think it was a problem. I brought my scale with me, weighed everyday, I asked my waiters what was exactly was in all of my food and I ate mostly salads with protein (chicken, steak or salmon). The problem I forsee if you will not have many days to get used to some things, so you will not know what works for you . I knew by then and staying away from sugars and starch was not too hard for me. With the planned interruption if you make a mistake or your body reacts to something and you gain, it will not be as big of a deal.

kiradag
03-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome Ladies.

Rachel, Good to know that I can eat more than 800-1200...wheew!...I will look at the P3 list so I know what to focus on when eating out....

April, That is awesome that you could vaca and not gain weight. Eventually I have to get to that point too or I will never maintain. I am 55 and have dieted off and on for 30 years now and the one thing I know that puts weight on me fast are carbs and sugar. I will need to eat a lot of seafood/chicken and low carb veggies & salads.......and DEFINATELY stay away from Mexican cuisine....one of my hardest things to resist are chips and salsa!! lol

april
03-19-2013, 06:08 AM
That sounds like me. I never really have problems resisting sweets..I do not like cake, pies etc. It is carbs for me. Even after the first two rounds I thought I could not give up chips/salsa or any Mexican food as well as cheese and good crackers. Now I hardly eat any of them. I remember when the family would go to Mexican food, we would go through several baskets of chips waiting for our food, now we still have some in the first basket. So this is progress. My mom always told me to not fill up on the break or stuff on the table, she was right, it was not good for you. In college I thought eat the free stuff and then you can take your leftovers home for a second meal the next day. I have always done the best when I ate little carbs, and ate more protein and veggies.

alexa
03-19-2013, 07:34 AM
I travel with my scale all the time, and as April mention indicate to the waitress exactly what you want.

Rachel
03-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome Ladies.

Rachel, Good to know that I can eat more than 800-1200...wheew!...I will look at the P3 list so I know what to focus on when eating out....

April, That is awesome that you could vaca and not gain weight. Eventually I have to get to that point too or I will never maintain. I am 55 and have dieted off and on for 30 years now and the one thing I know that puts weight on me fast are carbs and sugar. I will need to eat a lot of seafood/chicken and low carb veggies & salads.......and DEFINATELY stay away from Mexican cuisine....one of my hardest things to resist are chips and salsa!! lol
Definitely stay AWAY from the chips, the salsa would be ok as long as there's no sugar in it and most of them dont contain sugar. I would also say that you should be careful adding to many new things at once, I mean don't try everything all at once on the approved list becuase if you have a spike you wont know what you ate that caused you to gain... make sense? Good luck and have a wonderful vacation!

kiradag
03-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Rachel, Good advice,thanks. I am planning on salads and proteins, fish, beef, chicken, lobster with butter?? or no oils still?

My drops got here today so I start tomorrow!! I will weigh in the morning and post my weight for my starting point. I have all the food to load up Thurs-Fri (starting ahead tonite, won't tell ya all what i am eating, lol) I found out today that I have a co-worker that is going to start it too so that will be good to have a daytime buddy for support in addition to you all!

april
03-21-2013, 06:59 AM
My co-workers are all over HCG, so it is fun to see us all eating our little meals together. No one gives us any flack about what we are eating and is it enough. Good luck and have fun loading. Really try to stay away from chips and carbs, but have a little if you are really going to miss them. I would stick to lots of good fats and proteins.

shannon
03-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Load up good and even Dr Simeons says to load on carbs and sugar and chocolatey goodness so enjoy all those nummy foods along with some good fats and at the ned of the day when you think you can't possibly eat any more eat some ice cream to fill all those empty spots the food couldn't fill!

Rachel
03-21-2013, 02:05 PM
How's the loading going?

kiradag
03-21-2013, 07:03 PM
loading is going okay i guess, was a little worried about the carbs i am eating but Shannon's post made me feel better! I had donuts, sausage, corndogs, eggs, bacon, chips..........hamburger.....not really getting any good fat in any of this though.

Tell me what to eat tomorrow!

kiradag
03-21-2013, 07:05 PM
BTW, is it okay to have a couple of drinks while loading? I wanted to have a last Martini before the drought!! (please say yes)

shannon
03-22-2013, 09:02 AM
You are loading great and yes have a few drinks for sure! Get some almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts and eat on them all day, avocados are good fat too so eat some of those. Don't stress about getting all good fats in just enjoy some amazing foods that you will miss!