PDA

View Full Version : New Girl in Town

midwestgirl
06-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I am really new at this, and am hoping that by blogging my journey I will stay on track, not get so discouraged and get some wonderful advice from those of you who have been there, done that, and that sort of thing. I would also like feel good while doing it and not have to feel like I am depriving myself from my cravings. A little bit about me: I am a 53 year old, menopausal, mother of 2, grandmother of 4 who has tried lots of different weight loss programs throughout my lifetime. It was much easier to lose weight when I was younger. During my last couple attempts I lost weight right away and then stalled, although I followed the program exactly as I should. I always got very discouraged, and ended up disappointed by the way things would turn out. Anyway, so here I am, and so far so good.

Day 1 161.4 Load day
Day 2 163 Load day
Day 3 163.8
Day 4 159.8
Day 5 158.4
Day 6 157.8
Day 7 156.4 (yard work)
Day 8 155.8
Day 9 156.8
Day 10 156.6

I would like to setup a weight loss graph like so many of you have on your blogs. Where do I need to go on the website to find this?

alexa
06-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the forum :) I think that you can click in on of our graphs and that would take you to the web site , but you have to post a X number of times before you can add a graph.

shannon
06-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi Midwestgirl and welcome!!! Congrats on your losses so far!!

If you click on one of our tickers it will take you to the site where you can create your own and then update it daily. you will need to copy the BBC code and the go to edit signature and paste it there. Once you have made at least 10 post then it will show up but until then it will not show your ticker on here.

You should also come over to the journal section and create yourself a journal there that you can post in daily and all the lovely ladies on here will be right there with you to support and encourage you through every step of the way. We have some very active veterans on here including myself :)

Mikki
06-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi and welcome! I'm new to the site too. My name is Mikki I'm 53 and post menopausal. The hcg seems to be helping that! I have one daughter and a new grandbaby boy! he's the greatest!! the new joy in my life :) congrats on the weight loss! your doing great! I started at 162 pounds and I'm now at 157 LOL... we definitely have a few things in common. Looking forward to getting to know you better, this place is great and the lady's are really nice and very helpful! :)

april
06-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Welcome and this is such an awesome place to get support as you will soon find out, people on here actually become friends.

midwestgirl
06-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Awesome, thanks everyone this is so exciting! Day 11 - 155.2, down another 1.4 pounds and I'm not starving to death :rolleyes: I can't wait to be able to visually see my journey in a ticker.

NWHiker
06-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Oh you will love HCG! I'm 51 and started out at 162, 1st round I lost 20 lbs, am just ending my 2nd round at 130 Lbs. I started all this on Feb 2 this year. This is the only thing that has ever helped me to lose this much and feel like I will be able to maintain the loss.

Welcome!!

Sherri

midwestgirl
06-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks Sherri for the words of encouragement. I cannot believe how well this is going. I have 2 other friends at work who have been doing HCG and have been very successful. I must admit that at one point I was a bit skeptic, but then when I saw their results I thought what the heck I should give this is a try. Right now, I am very glad that I did. Just wondering, how long did your round one last?

midwestgirl
06-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks Shannon for the suggestion about making a journal. I will definitely get one set up as soon as I get a chance within the next couple of days.

midwestgirl
06-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi Mikki, You're right, we sure do have a lot in common. Before I registered on this site, I would go on and read the postings. I'm really glad that I decided to sign up on here. Everyone seems so welcoming and helpful. I'm glad to hear that your weight loss has been going well for you too.

NWHiker
06-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks Sherri for the words of encouragement. I cannot believe how well this is going. I have 2 other friends at work who have been doing HCG and have been very successful. I must admit that at one point I was a bit skeptic, but then when I saw their results I thought what the heck I should give this is a try. Right now, I am very glad that I did. Just wondering, how long did your round one last?

Both of my rounds have been 40 days of injections, then the 72 hours of VLCD after the last injection. Both rounds I have lost 20 lbs, which is not nearly as much as others have lost, but has worked out nicely for me. (I seem to be a much slower loser, everyone is different) After years of trying to lose weight with the calories in/calories out and tons of exercise route and never really losing, I was so glad to find something that worked.

midwestgirl
06-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Both of my rounds have been 40 days of injections, then the 72 hours of VLCD after the last injection. Both rounds I have lost 20 lbs, which is not nearly as much as others have lost, but has worked out nicely for me. (I seem to be a much slower loser, everyone is different) After years of trying to lose weight with the calories in/calories out and tons of exercise route and never really losing, I was so glad to find something that worked.

You and I are a lot alike in this respect. I have tried lots of things and never seemed to get anywhere either. I have a strong suspicion that I will also be a slow loser, and that's OK with me as long as I lose.

midwestgirl
06-06-2013, 04:24 PM
I forgot to ask what VLCD stands for. I've read a lot of material about all of this and now I just need for some things to click like the acronyms. Some are easier than others to figure out.

shannon
06-06-2013, 04:34 PM
VLCD = Very Low Calorie Day

midwestgirl
06-06-2013, 04:50 PM
VLCD = Very Low Calorie Day

Thank you so much! Yep, that makes total sense to me now:rolleyes:. I'm a little scared about when that time comes at the beginning of phase 3 without the HGC drops, but I have quite a ways to go before I get to that point, so I'm going to try to not worry about it now.

shannon
06-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Trust me when I say you won't be hungry on those non HCG days but it is a normal thought for sure and we have all been there.

Mikki
06-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Hi, I just wanted to stop in and see how your doing, your doing great! Don't you just love this stuff!

midwestgirl
06-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Thanks Mikki, I do love this stuff. I'm still so amazed by all of it. How are you doing? By the end of today, I hope to have a journal started.